It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone answer whats going on?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
All my life you can say I have had experiences of the unknown. A few examples I have are:
1. When I get very upset/angry people get hurt or things move around me (ex. someone trips and hurts themselves or a picture or shelf will fall)

2. I have dreams of events that happen. Not to myself but to other ppl i know and don't know. When I have the dreams its like they are happening to myself.

3. I pick up emotions from ppl. I hate going to hospitals because I always feel like crying.

4. I somehow can sense when things aren't right or are going to go bad.

5. I remember when I was a child having a friend named George. My mother told me this was my imaginary friend that I would often would say told me to do something or that I would tell her something about someone and it would be true.

6. I have dejavu everyday. (dont know if this has to do with anything)

7. There was a guy that pissed me off and was put in the hospital and I sat there wishing the guy would die and the next day I found out he had passed away. (I now dont wish death on anyone because of this)

8. One day I was sitting on the couch and I had the feeling of becoming extremly hot and could not move. My dog looked at me and began to growl and bark at me in an attack stance. (my dog had never done this before)

If anyone can help me out and let me know what is going on it would be helpful. Ive been told im psychic, sensetive, and a few other things. I'm just here to see if any of the smarter ATS'ers can help me figure this thing out.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
interesting, i've had experences with some of the stuff you speak of and i can't explain it either.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
It is a gift and a curse. It is something you are just going to have to live with.
With enough effort you can shut yourself off to it, to some extent but never fully. That is a choice you will have to make. Why do you have this? Most people who have these "gifts" are what are known as starseeds. They have many names for us.. depending on what we are here for. You may be just starting to wake up to who and what you are. Starseeds for the most part are human in body but their souls home is not this planet. They have developed elsewhere and are usually at a different level of awareness than most of the souls native to earth. Most starseeds are here to help the souls of earth to reach their next level of consciousness or awareness.
Then again you could just have an overactive Pineal gland.
If you want to know more about Starseeds here is a link to a thread about them. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good luck to you.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
NT is absolutely right. It is a gift and a curse.

My first experience was when I was a young child. There was an older girl in the neighborhood that was a bully.

One afternoon she was walking by my house and I was on my bicycle just sitting still. She made an ugly remark and I wished she would fall on the sidewalk and hurt her knees.

That's exactly what she did. I was freaked out.

Since that day I have been very careful about what I think about people. I don't want to hurt anyone and have to push bad thoughts out of my mind when people are rude or hateful.

I believe that negative thoughts beget negative thoughts. Bad thoughts sent may be sent back.

It has been a valuable and interesting gift for me. But sometimes it isn't easy being positive. I really have to work on it sometimes.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I suggest meditation, perhaps you can learn to control your gifts. Intuitiveness is something everyone has, some people just have a higher awareness of it than others. I often sense things or seem to do things with perfect timing, for example ill clean the kitchen for my girlfriend and be done seconds before she walks in. When things like this happen often it become more than just a coincidence. Through meditation you can become more aware and psychic. Rather than suppressing this gift, i suggest you nourish it.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by phi1618
I suggest meditation, perhaps you can learn to control your gifts. Intuitiveness is something everyone has, some people just have a higher awareness of it than others. I often sense things or seem to do things with perfect timing, for example ill clean the kitchen for my girlfriend and be done seconds before she walks in. When things like this happen often it become more than just a coincidence. Through meditation you can become more aware and psychic. Rather than suppressing this gift, i suggest you nourish it.

By meditation do you mean for me to sit indian style on the floor and hum. Ive never been sure what or how to meditate.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
It is a gift and a curse. It is something you are just going to have to live with.
With enough effort you can shut yourself off to it, to some extent but never fully. That is a choice you will have to make. Why do you have this? Most people who have these "gifts" are what are known as starseeds. They have many names for us.. depending on what we are here for. You may be just starting to wake up to who and what you are. Starseeds for the most part are human in body but their souls home is not this planet. They have developed elsewhere and are usually at a different level of awareness than most of the souls native to earth. Most starseeds are here to help the souls of earth to reach their next level of consciousness or awareness.
Then again you could just have an overactive Pineal gland.
If you want to know more about Starseeds here is a link to a thread about them. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good luck to you.

So are you saying that I'm from another planet. I expected to hear alot of different things but never that. It sounds a lil far fetched for me. I try to keep an open mind about things so I'll take your view into consideration.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
"Turning and turning in the widening gyre, the falcon cannot hear the falconeer. Things fall apart; the center cannot hold." -Yeats

The breakdown is at a more advanced level than most people realize. One of the dark, unexpected nightflower benefits of this psychospiritual vortex is the developement of enhanced psychic powers, often in a rather haphazard way, but lots of "previously normal" people. It's a lot like picking up a radio station with your teeth filings or having a hazy connection to the police shortwave radio channel...as things break down, barriers are crossed and bits of psychospiritual flotsum and jetsum attach themselves here and there. Be careful what you make of these "gifts;" while certainly fascinating in their own right, they don'T really tell the whole story and its easy to leap to mistaken conculsions.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Meditation, an art of No mind.

Sit comfortably on the floor or a pillow.

Back straight.

Breath in to the count of 4

Hold (but do not close your throught, just dont breath) to the count of 2

Breath out to the count of 4

Hold for 2

Breathe in to the count of 4

Repeat, etc.

Make sure you are breathing with your stomach. (stomach moves more than chest)

Keep this rhythm, but try not to count.

once you are comfortable breathing in cycles, you should practice clearing your mind.

Imagine your mind as a pond, every thought, feeling, emotion, or fleeting mind noise is a drop of rain that falls into your pond.

The drops cause ripples, and this disturbs the tranquility of your mind.

The goal should be to have a still pond, with no rain.

This is accomplished by acknowledging all thoughts that you have(acknowledging that they are there, and that you are having them), and letting them go without pursuing them in your mind.

Eventually you will be able to go into this state faster, your thoughts will be clearer, and you will be able to discern any outside influence more easily.

Have fun!

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick
Meditation, an art of No mind.

Sit comfortably on the floor or a pillow.

Back straight.

Breath in to the count of 4

Hold (but do not close your throught, just dont breath) to the count of 2

Breath out to the count of 4

Hold for 2

Breathe in to the count of 4

Repeat, etc.

Make sure you are breathing with your stomach. (stomach moves more than chest)

Keep this rhythm, but try not to count.

once you are comfortable breathing in cycles, you should practice clearing your mind.

Imagine your mind as a pond, every thought, feeling, emotion, or fleeting mind noise is a drop of rain that falls into your pond.

The drops cause ripples, and this disturbs the tranquility of your mind.

The goal should be to have a still pond, with no rain.

This is accomplished by acknowledging all thoughts that you have(acknowledging that they are there, and that you are having them), and letting them go without pursuing them in your mind.

Eventually you will be able to go into this state faster, your thoughts will be clearer, and you will be able to discern any outside influence more easily.

Have fun!

-Edrick

Thanks I'll try this sometime and see what happens. Don't see how it'll help but I'll try.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Gift and curse??

Interesting perspective. I can see why that perspective is however...so not knocking it at all.

Just to throw in a few thoughts on it being gift/curse:

My nanny used to tell me that things are not gifts until they are given away to other people. Wise old woman she was. So perhaps when we speak of gifts...perhaps the real gift is not found in holding it to ourselves, rather its found in the benefit it offers to others.
Perhaps the *gift* component of it is nothing at all to do with ourselves, or how we benefit, or whether or not its *ours* persay - perhaps its more in it being merely passed through our hands/actions for other people.

Curse? Well...just my own perspective: Curse is burden. Burden comes from carrying, burden comes from inner-turmoil and confusion, burden comes from containing and restraining...rather than just accepting, understanding - even welcoming.

Oh yes...I'm aware of the *burden* of knowing things that you perhaps don't wish to know...particularly when that *knowledge* involves loved ones.
Seeing/hearing/feeling things you perhaps don't wish to see/hear/feel.
But really...burden comes from internalisation, focussing on *self* and how it affects *us*.
Sometimes we ask "Why does this happen? Why does this happen to me? Why do I see/hear/feel things that I don't want to?"
Just my perspective/opinion again: It comes because it does...the reason for it, answers to those questions, they'll come as well. Just trust.

The difference between 'burden' and, well, 'job/role' is one is something one laments...the other is something one just does...

Peace.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by alien]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I've always been partial to this...can't go wrong with it, it seems...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
How to answer this? At one time I wanted to learn and use these gifts. They ARE gifts. I did learn how. It made me a freak. My friends were toys, women were toys, people had no meaning or worth to me for they were all contollable. I couldn't handle being alone as no one was equal to me and few wanted to learn how to be like me so I had to find a way to get rid of those gifts. Alcohol interferes with them and decreases them but there has to be a better way. Goodluck.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Mister E.

Not physically. Just your consciousness. If you were, you would feel it.
The fact that you don't means you are not. Or maybe you do and are just worried people will make fun of you. I see that alot. Whatever the case may be, just be true to yourself. You may just have an overactive pineal gland as I mentioned as an alternative.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari

Not physically. Just your consciousness. If you were, you would feel it.
The fact that you don't means you are not. Or maybe you do and are just worried people will make fun of you. I see that alot. Whatever the case may be, just be true to yourself. You may just have an overactive pineal gland as I mentioned as an alternative.

And what does the overactive pineal gland do exactly?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

The Pineal gland is the source of all extra sensory perceptions. Most people's are drowned by flouride in their toothpaste and tap water, which creates a sort of shell over the gland which inhibits its effectiveness. A more active gland would still produce fair results despite the governments efforts to kill it.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

This may get rather semantically pedantic...chicken/egg, potayto/potarto...

But...is the Pineal Gland the source or the receiver.

Is my radio alarm-clock the source of the music that wakes me up in the morning...or the radio station broadcasting what is being received and played?

"The Pineal gland is the source of all extra sensory perceptions"

I'm not hassling you...perhaps its more from a cultural angle...but within my culture we see the *source* of such as being tipuna/ancestors and Io Matua Kore/loosely termed 'God'...

...though do acknowledge perhaps the key distinguisher in that statement is perhaps 'perceptions'. So is the Pineal the receiver of such? Just seeking clarity.

Peace.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by alien]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Starseeds or Pineal glands....

Plainly stating, I think you are just a sensitive. Agreed a curse and gift.
I'd encourage you to

#1. Learn how to effectively protect yourself. You could be a magnet attracting other spirits, good and not good.
#2. Develop your skill into something beneficial. It will lessen the "Curse" effect.

top topics

join