It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Letterman Slammed For Sex Jokes About Palin's Teen Daughter

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I think KK is right on the dot. If it was anyone else Letterman had spoken of no-one would have said anything, but since Palin loves the spotlight shemade a big deal out of it. The joke wasn't that funny by the way.

On another note if she (Palin) dedicated more time to her daughter and less time to her crappy career (cause lets face it, she sucks as a politician) her family would not be in anybodies jokes.

Palin's daughter getting prenant, not a big deal. Letterman making fun of her, not a big deal. Palin making a big deal out of it, not a big deal. MSNBC, among others, dedicating more than five minutes to the whole thing... is a big deal. Surely there are more important things to report.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I just don't get it.

The conservatives rail against the whole PC movement, but now are getting bent out of shape over a joke?
Now Palin is calling for an apology to ALL women, and for a female uprising?

I wonder if Rush will target her in his next Femi-nazi rant?

Wait...isn't this the woman that recently said that we should ""screw political correctness" during her recent introduction of Michael Reagan in Anchorage, Alaska?

Talk about hypocritically having it both ways.

I suppose it's different when you or someone you know is the focus of the joke.
Then it seems its not being PC if you get offended.

So what happened to the woman that proudly wore this sort of T-Shirt to brag about her bust size?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/af10b70633dc.jpg[/atsimg]

Guess back then she could take a sexist joke.

- Lee

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Mama bear has every right to gripe and whip out a can of WhoopAss.
It's her daughter, so who are we to judge her?

People can debate all day about the following
* whether the joke was offensive or not,
* whether it was meant for this daughter or that daughter
* whether it was funny or not

..fact is, Dave bombed with this one then he apologized, so that means he was wrong.

Seems to me Dave is just trying to stir it up to compete with Conan.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
the way i see it, palin's daughter is of legal age. and this is one of the many, many consequences of her choices and actions and her mother's. period. end of "story."

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Good grief folks!He's a late night N.Y.tv comedian.Its his job to be risque.Its ok tho...Dave said Sarah called him and to show there were no hard feelings invited him to go hunting!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
anyone getting angry at this is falling for the trap

relax, they do it to get a reaction out of you

it's call a "troll" or "gimmick poster"

david isn't funny so he relies on trickery such as jokes about molesting a young girl.

anyone who honestly watches these dudes is a geeked out lame LMFAO!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
the way i see it, palin's daughter is of legal age. and this is one of the many, many consequences of her choices and actions and her mother's. period. end of "story."

Wow, you actually think 14 is legal?

Maybe you should sing this song for the next 2 years.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Wow, you actually think 14 is legal?

Maybe you should sing this song for the next 2 years.

wow...do you really not realize he was talking about her daughter who is already a mother? shove the song up your...

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Sure the joke was meant for daughter number 1, but it was daughter number 2 that was at the ball game with Mama Bear.

...Memorize the lyrics yet?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Now Palin is calling for an apology to ALL women, and for a female uprising?

Yeah, sure. I'll support that when she apologizes for saying that Obama was paling around with terrorist. She thinks Letterman's joke can affect young girls? Does she not understand the weight of the words of her campaign speeches?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Just to be clear, I never meant to call her a trainwreak, or anything of the like.

I don't think that Bristol has done anything to deserve any jokes (even though I thought that Letterman's was stupid and he might consider getting a few new writers), it's just that it's not like she is completely out of the spotlight. If she was out of the spotlight, then I would wonder why anyone was "wasting time" talking about the daughter of a state governor, but since she had put herself into the public spotlight, sadly she does have to accept that there will most likely be a few jokes here and there about her.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by riddle6]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by riddle6

I agree with that. My syntax was off looking back at my reply. I was trying to highlight the celebrity part when my writing implied more of the trainwreck aspect. I don't think jokes about her pregnencany are appropriate however.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Ok sorry about that. I guess I was just trying to prevent myself from having a war of words with anyone who might pass by this thread.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Dave is a comedic coward.
He practically called Palin's daughter a "ho", yet some folks here say he was only making a joke, no big deal, yada yada...

Now if he had preceded that with words like "happy neaded", people would be asking for Dave's head on a silver platter.

Someone please explain why there is a double standard here?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Tonight as I watched yet another story about Sarah and the joke I had to laugh. She complained that Obama's kids are left alone and have done so since his request during the campaign.

Then I thought how funny that was. Sarah paraded her kids around like they were little pawns or toys on display, to demonstrate what a great hockey mom she is. I don't recall the Obama girls being paraded around like show pieces but kept out of the limelight, you know protected like parents should.

This woman opened herself up to the public and now whines. I don't care what anyone says, this is just another way to keep herself in the public eye.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I'm just glad to see that once again the MSM focusing on something worthwhile

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57

This woman opened herself up to the public and now whines. I don't care what anyone says, this is just another way to keep herself in the public eye.

While I would agree with you that she paraded her kids to some degree during the campaign, the truth is, the campaign and the elections are over.
Palin is now minding her own business.

The MSM and especially comedians seem to forget that Palin lost, yet they keep bringing up her name and keeping her "in the public eye".

Why is that?
There is something to be said about this behavior.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I think it's wrong to accept jokes about Palin's daughters. If we let one slide where is that going to lead us to? When you are dealing with young children we have to remember that they are vary impressionable. It doesn't matter who your mother is or what she did, no child deserves to be the butt of a national joke.

I think we distance ourselves from families who we see on the television or read about in the news. These are people just like us. They are just involved in the government, trying to do their best and make the country better in their through there own personal views. I know we like our jokes but lets try to remain civil.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
How many of you are parents who are being critical of her defending her children?

Any parent in their right mind would do the same thing...it doesn't matter if they are in the public eye or not.

Everyone brings up all the stupid things she's done and said...but it doesn't change the fact that almost EVERY MOTHER would do the same.

If anyone said anything like this about my daughter...there would be hell to pay.

I just don't see how this can be ignored. I"m not a fan of Sarah Palin..but cripes people!

Another kicker is that she's scrutinized for talking up her kids and family.

Name a mother that doesn't do that.

Who isn't proud of their family?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Palin has a right to defend her family. She has a right to be insulted.

The 'jokes' weren't funny. They were just pathetic and partisan.

For Letterman to think that Palin would want to go on his show after all that ... the guy isn't playing with a full deck...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join