It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Letterman Slammed For Sex Jokes About Palin's Teen Daughter

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

David Letterman is in the hot seat for several crude jokes he made on CBS' "The Late Show" about Sarah Palin and her teenage daughter.

Letterman, in his monologue Monday night, noted that the 2008 Republican vice presidential candidate attended a Yankees game during a trip to New York City, where she was honored by a special needs group. Letterman referred to Palin, Alaska's governor, as having the style of a "slutty flight attendant."

The "Late Show" host also took a shot Palin's daughter, while poking fun at the Yankees' third baseman.

“One awkward moment for Sarah Palin at the Yankee game," Letterman said, "during the seventh inning, her daughter was knocked up by Alex Rodriguez.”

David Letterman is a pervert. He gets his lecherous jollies from making salacious jokes about teenage girls and boys. He is nothing more than a 62 year old dirty old man, imo.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
It is very sad, that the left and the right hate each other so much now it has come to this.

I never understood why they hated her so much,

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Kids should be off-limits. Letterman is one of the worst TV hosts. I wonder how he would like t if someone would make dirty jokes about his child on national TV?

+34 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Get over yourselves folks. It's late night TV and who cares?

It's just a joke, he obviously didn't mean anything by it. My god America is a nation of prudes, I swear.

If this story was run in Japan they would all point and laugh at us. Celebrities and Politicians are fair game. If they want some respect, they can start running the country correctly and not pulling crazy stunts or making idiots out of themsevles in public.

Queue George Dancing In Front Of Reporters

The man is a shock comedian, it's what he does.

To Add: Didn't that kid just have a kid? Whats not funny about that?

~Keeper

[edit on 6/10/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I stopped watching him when he started doing unappropriate jokes about McCain back during the primary election, before he even announced Palin.

He took political humor and ruined it. Nothing he says is funny and it should be about time he retires or gets fired (I hope its too late for that).

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I couldnt agree more.

Its just satire people, may not be good but its satire.
Get over yourselves.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by pazcat]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I didn't think it was funny, even he has now said it was in poor taste,

I never liked it when people picked on politicians kids.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat

I couldnt agree more.

Its just satire people, may not be good.
Get over yourselves.

Get over myself?

Really?

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Letterman isn't a shock comedian. He has had a personal vendetta toward Palin ever since she was announced as McCains running mate.

Saying Palin looks like a slutty flight attendant is not funny and is disrespectful to say about any female, let alone a female governer

Saying her kid got knocked up by Alex Rodriguez is disgusting as you don't drag somebody's kids into the mix simply because you don't like them.

If you think this is funny then you need serious help.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by jd140]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Well I never agreed that it was in good tase, obviously that joke is on the riske side of things, but really people.

I mean look at any other country, they embrace sex so much more than the US does. I mean you can't even say tit on tv. But you can say ass, damn and #.

And you can't say Jesus Christ, but you can say Oh My God.

This story shouln't be about how he said something wrong, but how people in general can't take a joke, a harmless little, perhaps in poor taste joke.

If he'd swung at her another way, people would have loved it.

It's so sad that sex is such a taboo topic in the western world.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Well I am sorry for breaking whatever Moral code you think you have, or that this country has. It obviously has none.

Were ok with torturing innocent people and tazzering anybody who comes within 4 feet of a police officer, but we won't accept some lame comedian making a sex joke.

Who cares if he has a vendetta? Like his opinion even matters.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I realise you think this is overblown, but imagine the stink if it was Obama's oldest daughter?

Everyone is so cruel.

I didn't see the humor in it. What can I say?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Make a sex joke all you want. I really don't care, but don't make it about her kid.

If you don't think his opinion matters then why are you even posting here? Obviously you are the only one who sees this as nothing to make a fuss about so.

If you don't care why are you posting in his defense?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Let's look at it this way.

Palin's children do have feelings.

Yes?

This 18 year old daughter made a mistake, that doesn't make her a slut.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

And there is nothing wrong with not getting the joke, or thinking it was over the line.

That's fine, I personally don't think it was that funny, he could have gone without that one. But the media and everybody else should not make this into a big deal.

Nobody goes to Michael Jackson's aid when they made all the jokes about him. I'm just irrated of the general demeanor of the public and sensationalist stories.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I'm not defending Letterman, I'm defending his right to say whatever he wants, and not have it blown out of proportion because of prudes.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
It wouldnt matter if it was Obamas daughter or not, thats the point wait till they grow up and get their first DUI, i bet you think thats real funny. Its all just ones take on it. It worries me that the same people standing up for their liberties and freedom of speach have such a narrow view of humour.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I see Letterman more and more like Woody Allen, getting his kicks off underage teenage girls.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Well ofcourse she's not a slut, she made a mistake, but people are going to laugh at her expense. Even if she wasn't famous there is somebody in Alaska making fun of her right now.

Wether it was on national television is irrelevant. People are so worried about hurting children because of words, it's ridiculous. Kids aren't dumb.

~Keeper

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
That was completely tasteless, but Bristol has put herself in the public eye by becoming a spokesperson for "Vow Not Now", she's fine with drawing attention to the cause because she's Palin's daughter, she's fine with being on the cover of a magazine after graduating from high school because she's Palin's daughter, so guess what folks? Now she has to live with being ridiculed as well for being Palin's daughter. It happens. If she or Palin intend to cry a river over it then she shouldn't be putting herself out there in the first place.

Letterman, by the way, is not a pervert for making a joke. It was a poorly told joke, but he clearly meant Palin's adult daughter who had already been "knocked up".

[edit on 10-6-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join