It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transportation on the Moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I find it interesting that NASA posted a sketch as such.

For instance, they have a Pyramid on the moon. Are they trying to get the conspiracy theories going? Or are they rubbing it in our faces?

Check out the link.

Go To This Link Here To The NASA Website.

[edit on 10/6/2009 by TheInfamousOne]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheInfamousOne

Unlike Earth the moon does not have air, food and water, so it would take a lot of effort for humans to live and work there, wrote Raina Huang, a student at Bexley High School in Columbus, Ohio, and finalist in the second annual NASA Lunar Art Contest.

Did you actually read up on the link You provided..?

One more time for clarification:

Unlike Earth the moon does not have air, food and water, so it would take a lot of effort for humans to live and work there

Don't know about you, but this quote seems to infer that in order to 'work' there, it would take a lot of effort...

Hence - hypothetical...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Transportation on the Moon

Unlike Earth the moon does not have air, food and water, so it would take a lot of effort for humans to live and work there, wrote Raina Huang, a student at Bexley High School in Columbus, Ohio, and finalist in the second annual NASA Lunar Art Contest.

The contest, sponsored by NASA's Langley Research Center, had a total of 147 entrants from 25 states, France, Poland, India and Romania. A panel of 12 reviewers that included professional artists, scientists, engineers and educators evaluated the entries using three criteria: the artist's statement, creativity and artistic expression, and whether the art represented a valid scenario.

To view the 2009 contest winners, visit NASA Lunar Art Contest.

It was a lunar art contest.

Nothing to see here, move along.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by pureevil81]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The structures look similar to what Richard Hoagland points out. Funny.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by KEMIK]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
yeah...that sketch seems more like an acid trip than a design for a moonbase. it was most likely the winner because it was nifty looking

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I find this quite interesting. I think the Huang boy has a good future for hisself in graphic design and also for fine arts. I do have a bit of "poo poo" feeling about computers for fine art. But that's just me. I prefer a brush and paint and fingers, etc.

I think it's great that NASA sponsors such a contest. We need more kids to express their ideas and have an outlet for those ideas. Jeesus! What could I have become with such programs when I was a child? I didn't even know where to look for such opportunities. Now they come knocking at our internet door. This is great stuff!!

I recall saying to my high school counselor that I wanted to be an astronaut. And she was clueless to tell me how I might go about that. She jsut said, "That's for other people."

Accept your place. I have a job lined up for you to be an auto mechanic. LOL. Or, there's no jobs for artists. I can't help you. Just learn to cook and get a job in a restaurant.

Forget this nonsense. Quit dreaming. Oh, how people fail other people, eh?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

...and whether the art represented a valid scenario.

Original Source

Slow down friends, I think that it is important to note that the images are graded partially upon a "valid scenario" and that the image would make anyone who had listened to Richard Hoagland for even a few minutes think... hmmm...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Chemley

Perhaps the high school student who created the artwork is a moon buff and is familiar with Hoagland's theorys.

It could be as simple as that. Another simple explanation is that anyone who were to create artwork containing stylized futuristic structures, cubes and pyramids (and domes) would seem to be the natural shapes to use.

[edit on 6/11/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Thanks for the link.

NASA seems to be having a bit of fun with some of our theories.

top topics

join