It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photoshop Tutorials ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
It wasn't that bad. The T would be tricky tho... =/ It would end up lookin like a upside down L or something.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Excellent KL !!!

Yours is amazing too faisca..

I think you both rock w/ PS !!!
Keep up the great work !!

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I revised my Rhino Crossing pic.

I took out the chewing gum cause it didn't look very realistic. I flipped the background and added a bullethole. Whaddya think?

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Pretty cool man.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
How do you like my new avatar?

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Hey jetsetter you avatar looks great. Did you use photoshop?

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
No and it sucks. I may be getting Photoshop in a short while though.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I have a question to anyone kind enough to reply. In Photoshop when I work with text and like the final result is there any way to save all the formatting and manipulation of the font so I can just apply all the formatting automatically in a new project?

Thanks,
kinglizard

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Thanks Darklanser. That sign is sweet. Is it all done in PS? It all looks real, but the bullethole needs a bit more work to look perfect. Perhaps roughen it up a bit, put some noise in or somethin. But yeah, that's good.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I have a question to anyone kind enough to reply. In Photoshop when I work with text and like the final result is there any way to save all the formatting and manipulation of the font so I can just apply all the formatting automatically in a new project?

Thanks,
kinglizard

I think there's a way to save layer styles, if that's what you're talking about. The outlines, embossing, etc. I'm not exactly sure how to do it, but I'm pretty sure it can be done. I'm sure there are tutorial sites out there that tell you how to do it.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter
No and it sucks. I may be getting Photoshop in a short while though.

Can you post the original image? Maybe we can help you out.

btw- I still like the effect of the soldier in your avatar but the text at the bottom needs some work. Scrape, save, steal what ever it takes and get a copy of Photoshop it is so useful when you learn how to use it.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faisca
I think there's a way to save layer styles, if that's what you're talking about.

Yes, that�s exactly what I was talking about; I just couldn�t remember the term. Maybe I will look online Thanks�.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Scrape, save, steal what ever it takes and get a copy of Photoshop it is so useful when you learn how to use it.

Haha... Stealing is fun... I'm lucky enough to have not had to pay $700 bucks for Photoshop.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faisca
Haha... Stealing is fun... I'm lucky enough to have not had to pay $700 bucks for Photoshop.

Kazaa is a wonderful thing.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I found a tutorial on how to save layer styles. Now I need to figure out how to use the saved layer style.

Once you are happy with the effect you've created you will want to save it for use later. To do this open the Blending Options Window again. Along the right hand side you will see a 'New Style' Button:

Did you notice the nice little thumbnail example of our Layer Style? I love that!
Anyway, click the New Style button. In the pop up you may name your style, as well as choose to Include Layer Effects and Layer Blending Options. I usually leave these selected to prevent the loss of a step or effect.

Remember a few paragraphs ago when I had you delete the Styles in the default styles palette? View the Layer Styles palette again and you should see your style there, ready to be re-applied to a fresh batch of text, a button, or anything your heart desires. After you have made a few of these, click the arrow in the upper right to open the Layer Styles menu and save your batch of styles. Now you can load and use these anytime or send them to your buddies. Not only is this very cool, but cuts the time trying to capture that effect again.

graphicssoft.about.com...

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Well, I made another avatar. I like it a little better.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join