It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire forces Australia jet to land

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Fire forces Australia jet to land

news.bbc.co.uk

The Airbus A330, operated by Jetstar, was flying from Japan to Australia when a window in the cockpit caught fire.

The pilots managed to put out the fire before landing in Guam. Jetstar said all of those on board were unharmed.

A similar model of the Airbus, operated by Air France, crashed on a flight from Rio de Janeiro to Paris last week.
"Smoke became evident in the cockpit and one of our pilots was required to use an extinguisher," Jetstar spokesman Simon Westaway told Australia's A
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Another airbus has had a potentially life threatening problem, a fire has broken out and it was forced to land in Guam. It was flying from Japan to Australia. Could this be related to the Air France incident. It seems Air France a rushing to replace and check on all their planes, was this one they hadnt got to yet. Im sure more too come.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I used to fly quite a bit, loved travelling.
Last few years ive only done it a handful of times, but i tell you, im starting to become worried about our aircraft.

Im flying back home to NZ in a week... im actually quite nervous about it.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I know what you mean, i have only just become comfortable with all the flying i have done. I dont think id be too concerned anymore but all this just leaves you thinking does the Airbus planes have some undiscovered problems? And would we find out if they did? Probably.
But a fire in the cockpit is not the best place for a fire imo.

And hope you have a safe journey back

[edit on 10-6-2009 by pazcat]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
don't know if it was mentioned, but yesterday.....

Airbus makes emergency landing in Canary Islands

Updated 12 hours ago

MADRID - An Airbus A320 experienced engine trouble shortly after taking off Wednesday from the Canary Islands and was forced to turn around and make an emergency landing, Spain's national airport authority AENA said. A passenger reported an engine fire.

No one was hurt in the incident involving the Spanish Iberworld plane carrying 180 passengers to Oslo, Norway, from Las Palmas on the island of Gran Canaria.

Passenger Heidi Rendalen told Norwegian broadcaster NRK she heard several bangs and saw lights flashing after the plane took off.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

I hadnt come across that one yet. It might of been mentioned.
It only seems to be Airbus' though.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
What is it with airbus?
Inferior design inferior materials?Made in Taiwan?
They seem to be falling apart all over the place.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainCaveMan
What is it with airbus?
Inferior design inferior materials?Made in Taiwan?
They seem to be falling apart all over the place.

I don't know. There was one last year, too.

Nov . 28, 2008

PARIS - A minesweeper searched choppy seas Friday for the flight recorders of an Airbus A320 passenger plane that crashed off France's southern coast, killing two people and leaving five missing and feared dead, officials said.

Rescuers had little hope of finding survivors among the two Germans and five New Zealanders on the maintenance flight, said Rob Fyfe, CEO of Air New Zealand, which owned the plane.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

If I die in a plane crash, it will be because the dang thing fell on me.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Well i just hope there will be some full inquests and can find out what is going wrong and fix it. Maybe responsibility relies more on the carriers though than the maker.

top topics

join