It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS a Pentagon think tank?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

Of course it is, arent you getting your paycheck like me??

I have nor received my underground government paycheck yet. I'm a little pissed about that.

On a serious note though, I think the site is watched just like every other forum board on the net.

Of course it's watched. I think they are doing more than watching though. I think they have their hand in the cookie jar.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Badger-
Your ideas- and your "Stripes" signature line have created eternal loyalty from me.

If you want to patent the ICMBs I am right behind you- I might even pay your legal fess for the patent...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

If you're correct about the "hand in the cookie jar" as you said above, what do we do? Keep posting as always or self-censure? I came here for truth and discourse- and information- not for paranoia.

Well, I'm sure I have an FBI file anyway, so I guess there's no point in worrying. Except you made me twinge a little. How do you post and express and not feel paranoid?
(btw, I'm not Agent Smith).....just curious as a relative newb.

Cheers,
C

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
hmm, well lets see.
whats the name of this site?

AboveTopSecret!!!!

If anyone here thinks that the CIA or anyone else for that matter hasnt typed in "ABOVETOPSECRET" into the browser section of the box before thus finding this site and using it to their advantage is seriously delusional.
Of course they monitor this site, hell I can just sense them staring back at me half of the time I am on here, hell I wanted to start a thread called "ATS is staring at me" but never did. When I first joined this site my first thread was something along the lines of "ATS-monitored by the govt" or some crap.
If the internet is the independant way to get the info to the masses, then ATS would probably be up there with being one of the few places where they can get whatever information that they seek.
This site has very smart people, who post THEIR views, and not some "companys" views that they work for. Therefor, I am guessing that tptb are constantly checking out what members on here have been comming up with.
Also, Im sure that there are also a lot of detectives that use this site to help solve crimes, because people on here dig deep on all issues that they are faced with, so it wouldnt suprise me one bit if some of the members here actually helped solved crimes. That part is actually kind of cool.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
Sensationalized stuff gets more attention now, probably to draw in more members.

ATS Stats

Last time I checked there were 67 staff (of which several are inactive at the moment).

There were 197, 757 posts made in the past 30 days, and there are currently 166,456 members.

So unless each of the staff has posted 6591.9 posts each in the past 30 days, I would say that the majority of the posts come from the members.

So as the members set the topics, and the members make the posts, and the flagging of posts by the members generates what is on the front pages of the site you can see that "ATS" doesn't influence what gets discussed here. The members do.

As for whether ATS is a pentagon think tank or not, I can tell you from my sleepy little hollow here in West Yorkshire in the UK that I'm on no ones payroll apart from my own.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join