It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should ATS start monitoring members with extremist views?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisCrikey
The very day I connected to the internet (in 1998) I just assumed I was being watched and monitored and had good reason to feel that way.

Actually, we've been watching you for far longer than that.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
So, re my last post in this thread, does anyone know if a forum can stipulate a usage/agreement policy that prohibits government employees/entities (or employees working on the governments behalf) from snooping around and collecting data here without a warrant?

If such a thing is possible, then would it be a good idea, or would the forum owners have some reason why they would not want to implement such a policy? Does anyone have any experience in any of this and can answer this?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DraconianKing

Do you really think that if someone posted threats or some form of extremism nobody would notice?

You do not have to sign up to see the comments, this site along with every other site is monitored, extremist views would be and are monitored.

Are you asking for some thought police now because thats the only other place we could go to from here?

In my own opinion your post is awfully one sided, just because someone might not think like you does not mean that they are extremist, maybe you are extremist and you just think you are in the right.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
If someone on this forum expresses a plan- a strategy- to employ violent means to forward their agendas, either foreign or domestically ( for example, Dr. tiller' assassin or Von Brunn in DC)- if they had WRITTEN HERE that they planned to commit homicde- would we not be responsible to contact a moderator?

I respect all viewpoints, no matter how vehemently I disagree with some, but when an opinion becomes a strategem- or an announcement that a crime is imminent, I feel we have the responsibility to seek guidance from the site owners, and failing that, indeed to contact the proper law agencies.

It is not, however, acceptable to curtail one's right to free speech regarding an issue.

For example- from the Blues Brothers: "I hate Illinos Nazis." It is a statement with which one might take issue, but a dialogue is different from declaring action. If I were to say, "I hate Illinois Nazis and I'm going to kill Mr. X tomorrow at Y p.m., at Z location"; I would expect someone to speak up, report me and lock my bum up.

My opinion. Mods- have I understood correctly?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Since you started this proposition I'm thinking you consider yourself the most qualified to delineate the following:

1. What areas will qualify for determination of "extremism".
2. For each of the above, please provide the borders that delineate extremism in the given area.
3. Will the list be fixed, or will we add areas and borders for future safety?
4. Are you immovable (i.e. since you're the one determining all this, are you going to stay the same, or are we going to see areas and border drop off, be added, etc. according to who pisses you off?)

5. Are you okay with the fact I find your idea extremist? And what do we do about that?

ROFLMAO!! awesome reply. And how about sopmeone mentioning free speech and censorship along with this. I dont agree with people wanting to kill and murder but who gets to decide what is extreme and what isnt. So way to go on this reply very well said.!!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

LOL you said sweetcheeks? ROFLMAO!!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   

What are you? A Left Wing Extremist who listens to another channel and popular radio host with a contrasting view that the world is just rosy and nothing to be concerned about?

Why are you labeling people with propaganda designed to incite fear and hatred?

I'm a middle of the road, common sense, independent thinker who wishes nothing more than people to stop being so afraid of other people with different perspectives. In my view, there is NO left or right, NO us or them, NO political divide, NO human divide except for stupidity. Deliberate, willful, arrogant stupidity that causes people to TAKE SIDES against each other.

Find some common ground and work from there. That is my advice and hope for all of us.

Besides, what makes you think that ATS or the internet in general isn't already monitoring every member?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
IF the do see it as necessary to snoop after me, or anyone else here, I can say: "Go Ahead......"

If anyone wants to take away my freedom or my freedom f speech, he will have to fight me for it.....

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Many of these right wing extremists are on the edge with a black president being elected.

Woah .. ok, most of the "right wing extremist" that the Government has apparently made you afraid of DON'T listen to that prick Rush, or support the Republican Party.. the vast majority being strict constitutionalists, Libertarians, Independents and Anarchist..

As someone with strong Constitutionalists views I can tell you I have never once heard Obama being black, or Muslim, or what ever being raised as an issue. Not once. That he is a Fascist, sure, Corrupt, sure, destroying our country, Sure... black, nope, not a problem.

Your views are rather ignorant. Hope you know that.

PS. Don't let the big bad scary Right Wing Terrrist Scer you now.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
LOOK WHAT HE WROTE!

Originally posted by DraconianKingThrow in a few well placed bombs and you have potentially hundreds of casualties.

TERRORIST!

GET HIM!

-

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

reply to post by Seekerof

I'd pay good money to have an on-site ATS interpreter decipher you self-righteous "not me,LOL" commentary.

Your perception of me as selfrighteous is misconceicved and innaccurate and I personally don't feel your a man of your word who is truly willing to pay "Good MONEY for an interpereter to translate. I believe this is just a snide remark form another spoiled arrogant American that our country has produced.

If you feel the need to pay someone to interperet it, feel free to pay me the fee for interperetaion so nothing is lost in translation.

I only accept tax free cash, under the table.

Our American society has taught us nothing but selfishness, arrogance and self praise. A majority of this country is blinded by the false realities which are overwhelmingly spewed at us on a daily basis. Most don't know how to think outside the box and follow their gut instinct or intuition. They need people,things and causes to make them feel as if their existence on this rock has meaning, yet their attempt is futile because all they are is a follower, a puppet, someone's brainwashed experiment and play toy who bitch whine and complain about nonsense and ineqaulity while there are tuly people living horrific realities.

4 basics to life and that's all that matters. Food, shelter, clothing and health. Instead everyone is so caught up in nonsense. NOT ME,because I have watched learned and grown and never wanted what most people want. I am able to see through the smoke screen that our false society has put up. I know the realities of life.

I'm a simple man who keeps his eyes and ears open and his mouth shut because I learn from everything around me. I'm humble enough to know I don't know everything and will always elevate my knowledge and wisdom.

Did you understand that or maybe you need to make another inadequate and untrue request for another interpereter for which you have ansolutely no intention of paying for?

[edit on 12/6/2009 by Revealation]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

The doctor who killed over 40,000 babies performing what is described as late term abortions has been hailed a hero by certain left wing media pundits. Many of his partners were proud of the fact they performed the same atrocities along with him. Is it an extreme right ring view to be against that procedure? These same media outlets are now interviewing the mentally ill man who killed the doctor. They are giving him all the attention, then they scream about the terrorist type tactics he used.

I am pro-life. Does that make me a right wing zealot?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
as far as i am concerned, every human on earth is an extremist in some form or fashion

it really is all a matter of perspective

and thank you ATS Leadership for having such powerful T+C

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Well im going to leave the city. Im tired of people arguing. Right-left/left-right-ignore the centrist in the corner.

Theres no real rational its all been conditioned by stupid people on every angle. violence is stupid and solves nothing. force and fear only lead to a false and waisted life. So that leaves sitting around..talking.

Right wing and left wing are what I call Reactionaries. They react to each other or others and manipulate for dominance over control. While centrists want normalcy back. Bars, nights out on the town..etc. Right wing/left wing are so stuck that their idea of life is sooo correct that violence must be undertaken to get what they want or like a baby cry and throw a fit if failure is the case.

And religion does not help. On top of government being soiled, isolating a large populace of hateful people away from it, there is a potential for a reaction. Well I do remember the ol:

Problem:Reaction:Solution

And this right wing stir up is a stir up. Its both sides childishly playing each other to see who can get whos goat going first.

Left and anarchists and right wingers are all the same ironicly. THey are flesh and blood. And in any future battle if so, they would be forgetting the main thing that made them who they are, each other. FIghting in any capacity is human futility.

"uh-giggity"

[edit on 14-6-2009 by mastermind77]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Nah, I don't think so.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

You make some valid points. There are real dangers posed by extremists at both ends of the spectrum. And leftists have been portrayed as bomb-throwing communist maniacs who will lead us down the path of hellfire and perdition so much and so often it feels kind of good to have the shoe on the other foot for a change.

I have to note that while I see some hatred of the left (even including liberals) on this thread, and some vehement exhortations by centrists, the left is strangely silent. So as a lefty I will put in my 2 cents.

When I am at a gathering and people start talking about "taking the revolution to the streets" and the violent overthrow of the government--coming from either the left or the right (and yes the left does do it sometimes too)-- I get very uncomfortable and usually leave. In the first place a revolution has a snowball's chance in hell of ever really happening, and if it did it would likely leave the country worse off than it was before, no matter who started it.

Still, I think it is probably healthy for people to voice their fears and anxieties and anger sometimes. In that way ATS is a useful outlet for all points on the political spectrum.

If ATS were to monitor the right more than it does now I would likely take up their cause and defend their right to freedom of speech. I know Great Britain and Canada have laws banning hate speech, and I sympathize with their dilemma, but I think suppression of free expression will only cause more hatred to ferment and grow.

We hate it when people do it to us, and God knows it's been done to us often. That does not justify doing it back to them.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by Sestias]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join