It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should ATS start monitoring members with extremist views?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
With so many members of this community sharing the views of the latest right wing terrorists to have committed murder, should ATS start monitoring and reporting users to the FBI? How many more innocent people must be killed before we start taking these home grown terrorists seriously? I wouldn't be surprised if these latest terrorists were members of this community.

In essence ATS is providing these terrorists with a base of operations, they can recruit new members here so easily without being challenged at all. All their propaganda gets glorified here and ATS is allowing this small fringe group to go mainstream. Combine ATS with Fox News and extremists like Rush Limbaugh and these terrorists have access to millions of potential recruits.

If a civil war is to break out it will be between these right wing terrorists and everyone else. These individuals should be taken seriously and should not be allowed to spread their hate and propaganda. If Muslim terrorists came on here talking as much nonsense and hate as the right wing terrorists do then ATS wouldn't hesitate to shut them down. But why do they give right wing terrorists a free pass? Free speech does not apply when you are advocating murder, even in subtle ways.

If ATS and the MSM don't start clamping down and stop glorifying these terrorists then I am certain that a severe right wing attack will take place. This group is growing stronger and angrier by the hour, it only takes a few well armed thugs to kill many people. Throw in a few well placed bombs and you have potentially hundreds of casualties.

Many of these right wing extremists are on the edge with a black president being elected. If they visit ATS, watch Fox News and listen to Rush Limbaugh then they are certain their world is falling apart. Make someone feel that desperate and they will lash out violently. We have only begun to see the beginning of a very troublesome future.

ATS is a great place but since Obama has become president it has been flooded with right wing extremists posting nonsense about him being the Anti-Christ and such. All these threads do is foster hate and they could potentially cause someone to go out and kill the president. Now that someone has gone overboard and the media is glorifying him another has jumped over the edge today and killed someone. Like sheep the rest of the heard will follow.

ATS should have a meeting and allow everyone to have their say and come up with a plan to help ease the tension in the right. ATS is normally the solution but is slowly being turned into part of the problem. This must not happen.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by DraconianKing]

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Since you started this proposition I'm thinking you consider yourself the most qualified to delineate the following:

1. What areas will qualify for determination of "extremism".
2. For each of the above, please provide the borders that delineate extremism in the given area.
3. Will the list be fixed, or will we add areas and borders for future safety?
4. Are you immovable (i.e. since you're the one determining all this, are you going to stay the same, or are we going to see areas and border drop off, be added, etc. according to who pisses you off?)

5. Are you okay with the fact I find your idea extremist? And what do we do about that?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
lol that depends..will it include all of Obama supporters?If so then I am for them keeping an eye on those kool aid drinkers.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DraconianKing

ATS is normally the solution but is slowly being turned into part of the problem. This must not happen.

I think ATS does a perfectly fine job by having Terms & Conditions that would cover this issue.

Anything against T&C can be alerted/complained about and dealt with.

[edit on 6/10/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
While I deplore the Right wing violence directed at Abortion providers myself, I do not see you deploring the violence of the PETA inspired eco terrorists who routinely demolish the homes and businesses of people they diagree with. There have been many reported cases in even the liberal press about that. I do mot feel, in my opinion, that ATS was set up to become an agent for the FBI or other law enforcement agency. However, I would applaud it if ATS would provide information to the proper authorities armed with the appropriate warrants signed by judges where it would serve a legitimate law enforcement purpose. And ATS has policies against ATS becoming a recruiting area for other groups. I do applaud your at6tempt here, but feel that it could have been made as a suggestion to the ATS staff instead.

+24 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Reply to post by DraconianKing

The answer is simple... No. Never.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Took the words right out of my mouth

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Absolutely not.
Censorship of any kind is inherently wrong in my book.
And who deems what's extreme, especially on a site like this?

I have every faith that any violations of T&C will be capable dealt with by ATS staff.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
In all honesty and seriousness, I don't think they really have to do any EXTRA monitoring. I seriously feel that it's all being monitored anyway.

There's a pretty fine line there..there are terms and conditions, so legally, ATS has covered it's expectations...I don't think that blatant hate should be tolerated by anyone.

Some might think this a place where a person could vent, relieving some potentially deadly pressure, and I'm sure just as many would feel that if they ARE allowed to vent, it just fuels the fire.

Collectively, I don't think we can tolerate militant behavior, threats of violence, bigotry, racism or even bad manners and those are covered already as not acceptable in the T&C.

No matter how hard anyone tries, a violent head case will always find a way to be a violent head case.

I would certainly recommend that anyone be careful what they choose to share and quick to notice something that might be a danger to other people.

If I come on here and say "I'm gonna GET all them no good S.O.Bs" and I give some details, feel free to turn me in to whatever alphabet agency is appropriate.

I think that's our obligation to the rest of the world. The mods and owners of the site have no less responsibility and I feel they are probably very well aware of the implications of lax moderation and monitoring.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thank you.

I was sure hoping you would say that.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Now, It may just be me and the topic's I choose to visit but it always appeared to me most of these 'right wing' comments were coming from people who are watching various freedom's being spit on and taken away from them. You brought up 'Since Obama's become president' A lot of this is because of the various law's being presented, ideal's being expressed and his general leadership of the country. I see next to no post's attacking him over his color, I don't agree with him and anytime I try to argue points with people in person, I almost always get to hear the race card pulled and its tiring that so many people think its about color.

I think the big difference between 'muslim extremists' and 'right wing extremists' is that theirs is as far as I know, heavily influenced by a religous ordeal. The 'right wing extremists' are over whats being done and how it conflicts with freedom's outlined by the founding fathers in the constitution. Thing's such as Free Speech are becoming less and less apparent, right to bear arms being attacked constantly. Those are the two I see most prevalent on this forum about this topic.

I'm gonna be honest here and while I can see where your concern is coming from, You sound an awful like those DHS Reports that were passed around. By those I would be a terrorist too even though I've done nothing wrong, and I'm not planning some mass murder with pipe bomb's and automatic weapons. Many friends and family are military or former military and would be bunched together as possible extremists to be watched. You want to watch the people who the gov't is labeling as terrorists and broadening the term more and more when they would just as soon want the gov't to step back into the boundaries that it was never supposed to leave.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Hip hip horray! hip hip hooray! Unfortunately every time there is a shooting there will be legislation and before you know it it will be law to censor extremist views. I appreciate your personal stance on the issue because i for one love free speech and will be sad to see it go.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I find your over use of the words..''right wing extremists'' very disturbing

after looking into your past posts,one can see your a stout democrat,anti religion, stating you would burn bibles,anti military,claiming that they all rape and torture and every one who opposes Obama is a racist...

One could say you possibly should be on a watch list..

Remember,when you point a finger,there is three pointing back..

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I would like to believe this thread was just a button pusher...but i know its not.And im glad skepticoverlord chimed in.As the first poster asked...define *extremist* because i find your view quite extreme..but i wouldn't give your details to the FBI because of it!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Don't think I'd want to stay here if they did. After all extremism is a word just like any other and thusly subjective. It could be argued that staunch democrats and republicans are extremists, although not violently so *atm*. Which is my problem with the "Patriot Act" since scaring someone with your views on what the government is doing can be twisted into meaning "terrorism".

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Just get Santa Claus to do it, he has the best infrastructure I can think of...

Very unbiased...

Elves would be the only group of people I haven't seen yet come under attack as Racist or arrogant or imperialist etc, etc et al... here on ats to date

We could do this, but we'd have to leave it up to the Elves...

oh wait... that would make them elitist...

Dang!

nope can't be done

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
id like to start by saying its really cool that overlord made a reply to this

its cool seeing the big guys step in to share their views even when so eloquently put and even breaking their own rules with the one liners

but to speak honestly

ats needs to do nothing more then they do now

because

we're already being monitored

we're pretty much guaranteed some govt entity is already monitoring this site

and there are several "undercover groups" that keep a eye on everything we say for the most part

do i think every single post is monitored? nah i dont know if they really have that many resources available to do that

but i bet a large part of the site is monitored for the most part

i think what you suggest would just really cause a rift in ats members

what you talk of would sort of be like rome, destroy ats from the inside

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

ATS traffic would die real fast

Should ATS start monitoring members with fascist views?

ATS traffic would be barely notice a blip

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Matthew 24:21 "For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be."

Matthew 24:21 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

Joel 2:31 "The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the LORD come.

Revelation 17:13 "These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast."

Revelation 17:5 "And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.."

Revelation 17:2 "With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication."

Revelation 17:8 "And the woman which you saw is that great city, which reigns over the kings of the earth."

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
The only terror is Government sponsored. I'd have to wonder about the openly disclosed US, and Israeli paid bloggers. They pay these bloggers, and commentors to go in, and rile up hatred, and distrust of each other?

-Peace

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join