It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NJ Man beaten and arrested for having an unzipped jacket

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
NJ Man beaten and arrested for having an unzipped jacket

The guy may have been seen as suspicious, but it is clear to me there was no exchange requesting his compliance in an arrest.

Rather, one officer jumps him down and lays some hard blows with his stick.

Was it neccessary?
I doubt it, but I'm sure that "it was" will be their position.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

unfortunately this is becoming way too common, I wonder what their excuse will be this time.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
To be fair, we will need to get the cops side of this.

I can't imagine, having watched the video, what their defense could be.

Still, we much wait to see what defense the cops have, then having seen both sides we can make an informed decision.

He did look drunk in the video and he may have been mouthing off to the cops.

That would still not justify what they did, but again, lets hear the cops side first.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
In another news site's video report they mention that the female officer asked him to zip up his sweatshirt because he wasn't wearing any shirt underneath. Whaaa... since when is that unlawful, disorderly, public disturbance, etc. (???)

According to Officer Rios the man, Ronny Holloway, acted in an aggressive manner towards them. mmm'kay!?

Here's what the officer's attorney had to say after his client had been suspended without pay...

source

Iacullo, while declining to give specifics because of an ongoing investigation by the Passaic County Prosecutor’s Office, said the security video that captured the May 29 incident does not show the whole picture.

“The segment of that video that has been shown throughout the media is not the total and complete story of the events that took place that day,” Iacullo said.

Iacullo said Rios stands by his police report that he filed following the incident, which stated that Ronnie Holloway acted in an aggressive and threatening manner toward his client.

“Officer Rios, on that particular night, on that particular day, did what was necessary to effectuate an arrest,” Iacullo said.

“It was not a beating,” he added.

Rios' partner, Erica Rivera was also suspended without pay...

In the video, Rivera keeps her distance from the altercation between Rios and Holloway. She was suspended without pay after she filed a report alleging that she was “struck several times about the head, neck, shoulder and chest by a baton” during the incident, Blanco said.

I'm not seeing where she was struck during the altercation. (?)

[edit on 11-6-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

I seen this and also say wtf?
The scary thing is it could be you or me next. S&F
What gives them the right to even say that? is what I wanna know!
This is amerika, its frankly none of their freaky business!
Now if the guy was naked, then I could understand it somewhat...

The paranoia runs deep in this country. Never ceases to amaze.
(check signature)

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Come on people this is OOOOOLLLLLLDDDD NEWS, been beaten to death. Get some current news. Tell us something we don't know!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyeyes
Come on people this is OOOOOLLLLLLDDDD NEWS, been beaten to death. Get some current news. Tell us something we don't know!

Husband calls police - thinks wife's lovemaking is burglar torturing her

what a slap in the face...salting wounds....will this satisfy your request?

maybe the cops should take their sticks to this infidel for her moral crime rather than to a guy with clothes that give reason for a beat-down.

new topics

top topics

join