It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's Ahmadinejad lambasts opponents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Iran's Ahmadinejad lambasts opponents

news.bbc.co.uk

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has ended his re-election campaign with a TV appearance accusing his opponents of trading in lies and insults.

Mr Ahmadinejad said they had conspired with Israelis to falsify documents and graphs to discredit him.

His rivals boycotted the chance to appear on TV, after apparently not being offered equal airtime.

Earlier a former president and leading cleric urged Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei to rein in Mr Ahmadinejad.

Mr Ahmadinejad alleged in a TV debate last week that the cleric, Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani, and other politicians were co
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Hmm Ahmadinejad is bringing out the big guns .Right now with irans high unemployment rate and economic situation corruption is the last thing the other candidates would like to see coming out their closet(much like tensions here in the uk).Ive also got a couple of videos here from the bbc correspondent in Iran who has been following the election and it's interesting to say the least to see the different views and sides of Iran and the elections.I dont think you would see the President of America or PM of the UK mingling with the crowd like Ahmadinejad is! lol

news.bbc.co.uk...

news.bbc.co.uk...

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
We dabbled in their politics to the point of overthrowing a democratically elected leader.

Who's to say we aren't doing it again?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
You can rest assured some people are being paid lots of money for this.

This is going to be interesting to see how everything plays out.

My money is on our attempts to manipulate their politcs failing, and then us bringing out the 'big guns' to overthrow their current regime.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

We already are! www.telegraph.co.uk...
I would like to see what would happen if a person in the uk donated some money to a terrorist group,he would be in jail before his feet touched the ground..Do as i say not as i do! from the government as usual.Anyway,i personally dont think he will win the election but i think it will be a close call.As you can tell from the videos its quite a broad spectrum of supporters he has,its not just the old school folks but alot of young people too.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Well, let's see...

Iran is in the midst of an utter sham of an election where anyone opposing the incumbent has encountered vast difficulties.

Opponents were gaining traction with younger voters through social networking sites, so Iran, bastion of freedom that it is, banned social networking sites.

Opponents wanted televised debates, but the state controlled media wouldn't offer them equal time to put forth their ideas.

The Iranian economy is horrendous, civil liberties leave much to be desired.

Instead of allowing the citizens of Iran a fair election, their President has chosen to bully his opponents and keep the public from being educated.

Oh, and if all else fails, even with cutting off internet and tv access for opposition, just claim that they're in bed with Israel.

That should do it.

Anyone want to guess how this stacked election will turn out?

new topics

top topics

join