It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neb. doc plans to offer 3rd-term abortions in Kan.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Neb. doc plans to offer 3rd-term abortions in Kan.

hosted.ap.org

OMAHA, Neb. (AP) -- A Nebraska doctor said Wednesday that he will perform third-term abortions in Kansas after the slaying of abortion provider George Tiller, but would not say whether he will open a new facility or offer the procedure at an existing practice.
Tiller's clinic was one of the only facilities in the country that performed third-trimester abortions.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
This is a sick abomination of a man. How could a person see those images on a daily basis and still sleep at night knowing he is the one killing the child? I feel that no one could possible say that this is not the killing of an innocent life.

The main point to be made is in cases where a pregnant woman is murdered, the state usually press charges for the unborn child as well. So that must make these 3rd trimester abortions murder that is punishable by law.

I think that this man is sick. Though it is not my place to punish this man, I do think that the world would be better off without people like him.

As far as I am concerned he is just a glorified and "legal" serial killer, and should be treated like one in a court of law.

hosted.ap.org (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Yes what a evil man!Maybe karma will knock on his door also?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
In certain limited cases this is necessary. While it is a heartbreaking thing and never an easy choice someone has to do it. I applaud this man for his courage and can only hope the pro choice people can see the value of live people, killing a live person is as much murder as what they claim the doctors do.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
is this what we are talking about
?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

Give me one justification that a mom would if in her right mind not at least try to make it to full term. I understand that there is complications in some pregnancies but when the child can be C sec'ed out and kept alive, to me it becomes murder. This doctor is not trying to save lives. He is killing babies for a profit. If he was doing it for the right reasons then there would be a NeoNatal unit on hand and they would try to keep the baby alive.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

I suggest this doctor purchase a kevlar helmet and armored vest. Oh, yeah, and wear them. Apparantly this doc feels believes strongly in late-term abortions, so much that he will put his own life in danger to perform them in Kansas.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
This quote below is from the American Pregnancy Association.

Weeks 24 thru 26 - Gestational Age (Fetal Age - Weeks 22 thru 24)- Beginning the third trimester:
If your baby was delivered now, it could survive with the assistance of medical technology. The fetus has developed sleeping and waking cycles and mom will begin to notice when each of these takes place. The fetus has a startle reflex, and the air sacs in the lungs have begun formation. The brain will be developing rapidly over the next few weeks. The nervous system has developed enough to control some functions. The fetus has reached about 14 inches in length and weighs about 2 ¼ poinds.

American Pregnancy Association source link.

With this data alone it goes to prove that there is no need in 3rd trimester abortions. How many people who want a child so bad would be willing to pay for the NeoNatal care needed to keep a child alive at that age? I would be willing to bet more than what would not.

It is murder of an innocent life. PERIOD.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Alright, as much as I agree that women have the right to choose, this is just wrong to me.

3rd term? Come on now, that's far too late. You had your chance honey, have the baby at this point, and if you don't want to be a mother, put it up for adoption.

That is murdering a child as far as I am concerned, that will be the only time I say this, as I have another view for 1st term or earlier, but after that, suck it up sista, you're a mom now.

~Keeper

top topics

join