It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How has ATS changed over the years?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Hello. I've been positing here for almost a year and a half as a registered member, and I probably lurked here a year or two before that. So that takes me back to, what, '06 or so. But I know the board is older than that. I'd be interested in hearing impressions of how ATS "culture" has changed from people who have posted here since the earliest days. Thanks in advace.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Hello. I've been positing here for almost a year and a half as a registered member, and I probably lurked here a year or two before that. So that takes me back to, what, '06 or so. But I know the board is older than that. I'd be interested in hearing impressions of how ATS "culture" has changed from people who have posted here since the earliest days. Thanks in advace.

less news

more racism and fear mongering

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I found this link a while ago.

It will provide you with snapshots of ATS all the way back to the beginning.

You will be able to see the progression.

...History of ATS...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by The Utopian Penguin

Thanks for the link, some interesting reading "back then"

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I have seen changes even in the 2 years I have been here.

There seems to be more unsubstantiated 'out there' threads and definately more race and nationalistic threads, (quite noticeable to me as I tend to post a bit in these types of thread).

I have seen some really interesting and thought provoking members get banned and some high quality members become moderators etc, (and as a result they don't contribute as much).
In my opinion this has led to a slight overall deterioration to quality here on ATS.
However, there is definately still quality here and when allied with the great additions and improvements to the site by The Three Amigo's, ATS is still by far my favourite site.
I have learnt a lot, and hope to continue learning, and have made some friends along the way.

ATS has changed, but all things have to or they grow stale and die.
And it would be a sad, sad day for a lot of people if we allowed ATS to die.

top topics

join