It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need help to figure out a math equation.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by spy66

You would need a definite starting point or the equation would be infinite, which human existence is not. I would read some genealogy sites about the latest theories and finds regarding a 'Eve' of the human race. From there you can start, also I would use some computer program as the arithmetic will get extremely complex as the numbers increase, also a TI-83 calculator is good for help with equations and such. You might try putting it into a log rhythm format or something like that.

Yes i wanted to use my self as a definite starting point. I know i exist lol and my Mom and Dad and their parents and i know that they had different parents, because i asked my Mom lol.

Its not a problem to get the mathematical equation to go up if i start with Adam and Eve or Noah's family (8). The problem starts when i begin with me.

I can go from the top down to me with out a problem, but its not accurate because when i control the equation by starting with me, things don't add up. So my equation from the top down is not correct.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

I was referring more to the genetic and scientific 'Adam and Eve', also you may need to account for incest as well because that could disrupt your equation. Also yea you wouldn't want to start with you, you need to start at a singular point that everyone branched off from IMO.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by spy66

I was referring more to the genetic and scientific 'Adam and Eve', also you may need to account for incest as well because that could disrupt your equation. Also yea you wouldn't want to start with you, you need to start at a singular point that everyone branched off from IMO.

Yes i have used a factor for incests. But that becomes a bigger unknown the further down in the link i get from the beginning! ( Time of Noah).

It also becomes a unknown if i start with me. Because i can only trace my generation back to the 8th. Then there is no more records of my generation. My Dads generation is from Italy. My Mom's generation is from Norway.

I also tried to look at DNA. By counting the chart but i dont know my own or my parents DNA or my grand parents DNA. So that becomes quite hopeless to do.

But i replaced the DNA with numbers. But the equation will be just the same as if i used real people. Because you need energy and matter from two different people to make a copy = kid any way.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join