It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New GM chairman: 'I don't know anything about cars'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I don't think it really matters honestly. His statement about it being a "public service" tells us the government will dictate every decision, more specifically, the auto task force. Which is lead by a pre-law 30 year old that was a campaign volunteer for Obama.

It doesn't matter, Obama doesn't know nothing about nothing, and his administration will fail ultimately in the end. Eventually the light from the torches will keep him awake at night.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Good points you rase , but how will you feel when the government sells these companies to foreign national countries / companies ? such as we have seen with China Buying Hummer ?

I new this was coming and I have stated on more then one occasion that these bailed out companies will in turn be sold , the people buying these companies will in many cases use US. debt owed to them as the means for payment .

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO

Good points you rase , but how will you feel when the government sells these companies to foreign national countries / companies ? such as we have seen with China Buying Hummer ?

I new this was coming and I have stated on more then one occasion that these bailed out companies will in turn be sold , the people buying these companies will in many cases use US. debt owed to them as the means for payment .

It's all smoke and mirrors. What are bailout money is being used for is to position American Banks, and American Companies like General Motors to dominate exploding Asian markets.

On paper it might look like a Chinese company that is buying Hummer, get a gander at the preferred stock holders not the common ones mind you but who really owns the preferred stock, and who all sits on the Board of Directors and you will see the usual suspects!

The American Market is over saturated.

Redistribution of wealth is not to poor black people and disenfranchised minorities and the working poor.

Redistribution of wealth is to countries where no one had a flat screen TV, SUV or a Microwave and needed YOUR job to afford one, and since you already have a flat screen TV, a SUV and a Microwave, the American company that used to employ Americans to that now end is now the American company masquerading as an Asian company employing Asians convincing them to buy all those things which is a lot easier sale since so many of those people don't have them.

General Motors is the number one selling car in China, and GM China is it's own seperate division. Ford is the number one selling car in Russia.

America needs to wake up to what 'Redistribution' of wealth really means friend.

While there is still an America to wake up in!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Once again , that could very well be the problem .

I see this " redistribution " , as you correctly call it , is the problem .

This " redistribution " is being bought and payed for under false pretense buy the American public .

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Max_TO]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Once again , that could very well be the problem .

I see this " redistribution " , as you correctly call it , is the problem .

This " redistribution " is being bought and payed for under false pretense buy the American public .

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Max_TO]

That's exactly what is happening, now I don't know what you know about 9-11 but a handful of individuals bet big and won big on highly speculative stock options called 'put' options that day. A handful of companies bet that AMR and United and their insurers stock would take a huge hit, those stock gambles paid 50 billion dollars!

GM was one of the five companies that had an inside track on that. I wonder what would have made GM make such a speculative stock gamble on airlines and insurance companies like that?

GM has been a huge part of the corporate government practically since it's inception. Up until a couple years ago General Motors was only surpased by the Federal Government in the number of people it employed.

Now think, tanks, military vehicles, engines...war machine.

Are we going to drive Toyotas into the next war?

The American tax payer is getting suckered but believe me the cost in lost jobs, and lost taxes, and our own manufacturing ability to transport large numbers of ground troops and build engines and tanks and such....

Would all take a huge hit if the Government let GM go out of business.

Facism is basically Corporate Government, the State and big business are one in the same and the Powers that Be have been pushing for Facism since the early 1930's and were the ones who financed it in Europe.

The Corporate Government has made China and Asia as much a hostage to us and we are to it, and for all intents and purposes they own China and the Asian markets now.

If we took all that Candy away from them tomorrow and sent them back to rolling dice in alleyways and peddling rickshaws, the governments there would topple. They line up in Beijing in lines hours long to get gasoline friend.

They are now slaves to American toys, just like we are.

How the media and government spins this for us, versus how it really is are two different things.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Excellent point you rase with regards to car companies and the roll they play in war . One of the reasons China bought Hummer .

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Excellent point you rase with regards to car companies and the roll they play in war . One of the reasons China bought Hummer .

China is going to be the darling of the New World Order. No religion, total subservience to the State, a State that for all intents and purposes American business interests own.

When the Christians, Jews and Muslims finish killing each other off over Israel it's going to be China that steps in and cleans up who is left. A China owned by Rockefellers and Rothschilds.

The Chinese Central Bank is yet another Rothschild Reserve, just like our Fed and the Bank of England and just about every other printing entity of religious ceremonial legal tender fiat instrument of debt flat paper currency.

The last act of any government is to loot the treasury friend and there is no denying our treasury is being looted.

That doesn't mean we won't be governed when this government falls to the bankruptcy that the Powers that be are orchestrating.

If you plan on living to a ripe old age you might want to learn Chinese...me I hate duck sauce, so I am just going to keep ducking as long as I can.

One thing is for sure, we aren't going to dodge this bullet though if the people of this country don't wake up fast to the true reality of what's going on.

The last act of any government is to loot the treasury, so it's not far off friend.

It really isn't.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

agree totally .

One other thing that " they " like to do is flaunt it in our face and this whole story with GM is a fine example of that .

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

agree totally .

One other thing that " they " like to do is flaunt it in our face and this whole story with GM is a fine example of that .

The most clever lie is one with a grain of truth in it. The reality is that Americans are so frustrated right now the Car Manufactures make a great target to vent public frustration on.

Even though the banks are the ones who have really robbed us blind along with the insurers, you walk in to a bank and there is usually some pretty, bright faced teller there smiling at you, how mean can you be to her, especially since half of them are behind bullet proof glass!

Car salespeople though are less liked than dentists!

Everyone more or less hates shopping for and buying a car, and the negotiating tactics, so really they couldn't have hardly served up a more attractive target to take peoples attentions off the banks and insurance companies.

Typical misdirecetion.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Everyone more or less hates shopping for and buying a car, and the negotiating tactics, so really they couldn't have hardly served up a more attractive target to take peoples attentions off the banks and insurance companies.

Typical misdirecetion.

Right again , but when will the people finally say , enough is enough ?

Seems that the American people also currently have the perfect leadership to assist in the goal of misdirection . Current American leadership has a great deal of political dollars that they are spending big time . Will the star hood of the current leadership have enough political dollars to defer attention indefinitely ?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Each division of General Motors, Chevrolet, Buick, Pontiac, GMC Truck, Saturn, Cadillac, GMAC Financial, Onstar, XM Radio, GM Parts, has their own President that basically runs their division as a stand alone company.

Those are the people who are really tasked in getting the job done at GM.

The President of GM itself might say, yeah or nay to a car they want to take from concept to production, or say yeah or nay to trimming staff or adding staff etc, etc, but it's mostly a figure head job.

The most famous head of a GM division was John DeLorean who was an engineer and could design cars that would really sell.

Having a someone at the helm of GM who doesn't know anything about cars is a blessing. The worst scenario has always been that you have a President of a company who knows "something" about the product just to nix good projects.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I'm not the one who put his mystery guy in the White House.

It's not my fault.

Let's see. He's drastically increased our debt, tanked our dollar, none of the home mortgages he promised to save have been saved, record numbers of people foreclosed on, records numbers of people out of work, and that's going to only get worse.

He's seen by our enemies as clueless and gutless.

Gee.

What's not to like?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by stander

Each division of General Motors, Chevrolet, Buick, Pontiac, GMC Truck, Saturn, Cadillac, GMAC Financial, Onstar, XM Radio, GM Parts, has their own President that basically runs their division as a stand alone company.

Those are the people who are really tasked in getting the job done at GM.

The President of GM itself might say, yeah or nay to a car they want to take from concept to production, or say yeah or nay to trimming staff or adding staff etc, etc, but it's mostly a figure head job.

The most famous head of a GM division was John DeLorean who was an engineer and could design cars that would really sell.

Having a someone at the helm of GM who doesn't know anything about cars is a blessing. The worst scenario has always been that you have a President of a company who knows "something" about the product just to nix good projects.

John was a great designer, a terrible businessman and the world's stupidest drug smuggler.

100 pounds of Cocaine at LAX in his luggage at the ticket counter?

Come one John it's a 2 bag limit 40 pounds a piece what the heck were you thinking, don't you ever read your Airline tickets?

I spoke with John a few times following that incident, we used to both frequently eat at the same restaurant in Beverly Hills.

John was such an exceptional designer the 1993 Pontiac Firebird that got rave revues when it came out for it's sculpted contoured composite body pannels had actually been designed as the Pontiac Banshee in 1963 by John Delorian but the technology did not exist at the time to manufacture it.

This is something people don't understand about General Motors. They are like the Vatican in that the stuff they have stored away in archives and vaults is practically limitless. A good idea in 1993 was a good future idea in 1963. How many companies are there really that could hold on to a concept that long, and just wait for technology to match vision?

General Motors writes a 100 year business plan every year to go along with the standard 1 year business plan most companies write.

Thats really how far ahead they think, and Americans in general are pretty silly to not pay better attention to what American companies are really producing.

5 of the top 10 selling vehicles in the United States are GM and Fords. Now think of how many other countries export autos to the U.S., Japan, German, Italy, France, Korea, England, and that doesn't factor in engines made in Brazil, and vehicles put together in Canada and Mexico.

From a reliabilty standpoint and cost of maintenance standpoint several U.S. vehicles really hold up great and hold their value too. U.S. Consumers often driven simply by opinion don't care.

They will point to a 16,000 Dodge and say I bought one and it wasn't anywhere near as good as the 21,000 dollar Toyota I replaced it with.

They never stop to ask, would the 21,000 GM that was comprable have been even better?

Yet they all complain about the economy, yet every chance they get, they decry people making a living union wage that's in excess of their own, and spend every penny they can earn borrow or steal on something made in China or Japan or India without even the slightest notion that hey...most of that money is going to that country now to stay.

John DeLorean was a great car guy, and honestly I think GM might have had something to do with setting him up for that arrest, do you know how long a stainless steel Delorean would take to rust through?

Why in Back to the Future I, II, and III that car saw three centuries of service, Michael J. Fox has not held up as well as a Deloreon does!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

I'm not the one who put his mystery guy in the White House.

It's not my fault.

Let's see. He's drastically increased our debt, tanked our dollar, none of the home mortgages he promised to save have been saved, record numbers of people foreclosed on, records numbers of people out of work, and that's going to only get worse.

He's seen by our enemies as clueless and gutless.

Gee.

What's not to like?

Yeah but he's planted a vegetable garden in the White House...I wonder what else he grows in there?

Ah Mr. Obama we have noticed the White House electric bill has gone way up!

Now if you were planning on looting the nations treasury, and you wanted to give the people someone to hang afterwards...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Typical misdirecetion.

Right again , but when will the people finally say , enough is enough ?

Seems that the American people also currently have the perfect leadership to assist in the goal of misdirection . Current American leadership has a great deal of political dollars that they are spending big time . Will the star hood of the current leadership have enough political dollars to defer attention indefinitely ?

The Powers that Be didn't spend 2 billion dollars running him because he couldn't play the part.

The beauty of it is...is he even told people...there needs to be a redistribution of wealth (oh he means me, he is going to give money to me yeah!) he even told people...the Constitution is outdated (Oh he means me, he's going to gaurantee the money he gives to me! yeah) where do I vote for this guy?

People are so dumb.

I would be worried but we have Dooper on our side! When the SHTF he is going to save us...

Right Dooper? right...buddy? Help!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

New GM chairman: 'I don't know anything about cars' That's got to be the funniest thing Ive seen for a long time. Go figure.

It reminds me of Congress asking all bankers who loan money to please raise their hands. Wow

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld New GM chairman: 'I don't know anything about cars' That's got to be the funniest thing Ive seen for a long time. Go figure.

Well, ultimately, I don't want the know-it-all with the head full of stuff who forgets one detail and everything folds...I want the guy who knows how to hire the best...all down the line...and knows where to get what he needs.

A good salesman can sell anything, right? A good manager can manage anything. And in this global economy, I think an MBA trumps a mechanic's certificate in terms of running a multinational corporation.

Unless you wanna throw Frank Stronach in my face...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

This turd we have in the White House is not worth my respect, not worth my deference, and he sure as hell isn't worth my allegiance.

So far, he's done everything possible to bring this country to its knees.

You want him? You take him!

Pride in the US? We have an entire culture who have made a profession out of sucking off the public tit. They are ignorant, useless, the greater source of crime, and yet they vote.

I have more respect for a leech. At least when the leech gets full, he has the courtesy to drop off.

how is it that every thread you're a part of becomes a tirade about Obama? Seriously. Shut up already.

The head of GM not knowing anything about cars? That's typical with every business in America. Thats why they hire experts to work for them. They understand business, and the experts understand cars.

This thread was created to simply pander to the moronic masses and get the crap pot stirring again.

There is no news here. Just more of the same old tireless argument.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join