It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing life forms on other planets........

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
huggies everyone...

Ive thought on life forms on other planets that may be quite disturbing in the way we look at it....
I know the odds are small but with the vastness of our galaxy its more than likely there MANY 1000's and more of planets with life on them..

I cant even imagine on different universes that could be as well....

but to keep it simple,,,I seen the movie "the mist" and a show on spiders on the history channel,,,,

the scientist said 99% of spiders wont get bigger than 8-10 inches becauseof the oxygen level thats available on how they breath ...
scary on also how some can be so venomious and tiny....

good thin black widows spiders dont grow wings and lay 1000's of eggs.....

but my point is that there would be some planets with huge bugs on them and with the right eco system they'd be the size of small cars....???
kinda like the movie "the mist".........

(but underwater life forms can grow big as well on how they use oxygen for the record),,,Im not an expert but the giant squid comes to mind.....

like our planet somewhat back in the dinasour age,,,,,Im sure there were some big creepy bugs around that would be scary enuff....

I hate to use the scientific example of "the mist" movie so please forgive me....
but that movie reminded me if we were say 1 cm tall and in the rain forest,,,,

that movie was scary!!!

well,,to sum it up I bet theres some real scary planets out there that would be deadly/scary to land upon even.....

say even if we had a planet close by that had simple plant/bug/animal life on it,,,it would take some+ years of study I assume to make sure b4 we take off our helmet and put our swimsuit or bikini on and take a dip/swim......

even poison pollen in the air,,,,,
this could goeither way as well on size,,,,there could be highly intelligent life thats millimetes in height and have space ships the size of a basketball only.....

sorry on my silly thread....

and pardon my typos,,,I am clever though,,,,

huggs everyone

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Well long time ago on Earth, everything was way bigger and better due to the Ozone layer being young and something with the oxygen being younger/cleaner.
Also the continents were not split up so far apart like today.

Plants, animals, dinosaurs possibly humans were much bigger than now.

Over time when contents split up the animals have less resources for food and water so over a long time the animals and plants themselves get smaller to adapt to the small amounts of resources.

Thats my theory that I go with anyways after watching a few professors talk about this.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I'd bee more afraid of the little ones that may infect us. Actually I'd be afraid that even if everything did check out that at some time in the future the local buggies may combine with ours and wipe out both earth and what ever planet we are dealing with.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
If Earth is made from a bunch of rocks/asteroids from all over the universe, and the early bacteria/living cells of the planet started evolving from the after effect of all these rocks from around the universe clumped into our Earth ball, then isnt every life form on earth kind of like aliens from all over?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by amyfriend

Oh yes......reminiscent of "Starship Troopers"! I agree with your logic in that other planetary life would be completely out of our realm of reality. Let's face it.....we truly have no concept of what could be out there. I shudder to think that super-dominant, hostile intelligence may be the least of our 'visitor' concerns!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Im sure that there are also "Class M " planets alot like ours with critters like the ones here on Earth. Really looking forward to the comming explorationg of univers around us and see what we find. Probably won't be anything worse than we have here. Hope they don't have Politicians.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

(but underwater life forms can grow big as well on how they use oxygen for the record),,,Im not an expert but the giant squid comes to mind.....

What you are referring to is called Abyssal Gigantism, it is where animals that live deeper in the sea tend to be much bigger than ones nearer the surface, like the Giant Squid for example.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Hello amyfriend,
Perhaps it's all about perception. There may also be stunningly beautiful planets with angelic beings! Of course bug ridden planets would be a bug lovers paradise! How do you think we humans would measure up on the universal scale of bugliness?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by midicon

Perhaps it's all about perception.

This is the secret of the universe I think.

I learned this when I was on psychedelic mushrooms.

The whole universe is about perspective, and size means nothing because relatively the universe has many HUGE things, think of how many Earths could fit inside the Sun and the Sun could fit inside of other huger stars many times as well.

What I am saying is, maybe there IS life on Mars, intelligent beings, but as Amyfriend said, maybe they are the size of ants, and their huge ass mothership is just the size of a basketball.

Mars is only an example of course but to SOMEONE on SOME PLANET we may very well be microscopic.

I think the whole universe is something and the stars in the universe are the nucleus and the planets are other molecules and all the universe is just a bunch of atoms that make up some space monster's big toe.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by midicon

Well, we behave like viruses in that we tend to destroy our natural habitat. And then we have "poly-ticks"-> "Many bloodsucking creatures".

That alone should speak volumes about our "bugliness"

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
We'll probably declared pretty ugly, weird creatures who look like we're always going to fall over when standing up. Either that, or we're declared 'cute', mainly bare and smooth animals with cute little movable eyes and facial expressions.

tvtropes.org...
tvtropes.org...
tvtropes.org...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
This reminds me of something I read once (it might have even been a post on ATS) that postulated along the lines that there are lifeforms in the universe so incredible and terrifying that we'd never be able to even ever approach them because the conditions we exist in are so radically different.

I'm sure the universe is full of creatures so bizarre (to us, at least) it'd be mindblowing in its scope. Still, I ain't afraid of no buglike aliens...as long as they aren't like the Zerg or Tyranids. (Even though both those races aren't entirely insectoid in their aspects...and now I've gotten sidetracked. Sigh.)

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I am disappointed with this thread. I tuned in hoping to see Beldar and Primat Conehead, and all I get is serious literal talk..........MIBs, MIBs, MIBs......
Guess they went back to France after all.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Maybe even creatures simular to what we imagine in movies, myths, stories and legends. I personally hope we never find anything like a Xenomorph *Aliens* and bring it home.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Or maybe we are the tallest known intelligent species in the universe!!! Someone has to be!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Huggies to you too !

Don't imagine "them" too scary.

Think about the beautiful entities in the film "The abyss" !

Think about the beautiful entities in the film "Cocoon" !
I love the scene when they play cards, and the "Visitors" are
NOT covered with their human-skin-disguise, and are
beautiful light-entities. . . B-)

And think about the famous "ET" ( phone home ) !
He is surely not beautiful, but he is not THAT ugly, too. . .
He is rather comic/cute/realistic, that can smile, in that film.

Blue skies.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Well in my humble opinion I think that the majority of unknown forms of life can be classified as the following:

* Extradimensional- Entities exist in dimensions of 1,2 (we are three),4, 5, 6, 7, ,8 ,9, 10, 11. I stopped at eleven because I support that particular String Theory (of extra-spatial dimensions)

* Extrauniversal- Not to be confused with extradimensional as these beings live in the same three dimensions as us (or any of the others for that matter) but simply exist in another reality or parallel universe.

* Extraterrestrial- These are beings that exist on our own dimensional plane, physical like us but simply evolved from another species than mammalian. This is likely the number one amount of ETs reported.

IMO it all comes down to what dimension, universe, and place in space you live in as far as creatures of non-human origin. For example; In a level 4 universe (according to current theoretical physics and cosmology) the laws of physics and math may be different than here, like 2 + 2 might equal 3.145^2 in some of these universes. But a creature existing in the same universe but different spatial dimension might be non-corporeal and something we can not even begin to grasp (ie; God). While the classic ETs exists in our same reality and dimension but are physically different (ie; the difference between a Grey and a Human). I do not foresee beings being as successful or more than us that exist in this reality but are say really small (like under a inch in height for example) because it is highly probable nature would have deselected them and if not early in evolution than definitely later on when they became an interstellar or type 2 civilization. So saying that there might be beings that appear very small to us (like a football sized mothership) and co-exist in our same universe think is not likely. Now it is HIGHLY possible that beings that we would VIEW RELTIVE to their dimensions of spacetime or laws of physics (level 4 universe) could appear and thrive in a very small state, or any state that is not readily included in mainstream discussions of intelligent ET life. IMO the universe ifs in fact an infinite multiverse consisting of multiple dimensions or phases (not matter phase but more of a vibrational phase) of existence.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I think there are a lot of lifeforms we'd consider hideous, but ultimately they're no different from the animals here on Earth.

P.S.
The mist is one of my favorite movies and the short story by stephen king is even better

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Nice! Giant skeeters and locsuts and bugs. Sounds like those Sci-Fi movies I love to hysterically laugh at when ppl get eaten by the killer locust. OMG giant insects are the most awesome thing. I know when the Earth had higher Oxygen that the insects here were a lot bigger. I'd love to think that somewhere out there that are humungous bugs like 3 foot long cockroaches or somethin. It makes it better somehow. Imagine a 6 foot tall praying mantis? I would love to go hunting for something like that. Thats a sport!

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by amyfriend
but my point is that there would be some planets with huge bugs on them and with the right eco system they'd be the size of small cars....???
kinda like the movie "the mist".........

Hi amy

Carl Sagan did a little piece about critters...

Carl Sagan's Cosmos: Life on Jupiter

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join