It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican Article On Aliens (May 2008)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Interesting read for those who haven't read it:

www.catholicnews.com...

"If aliens exist, they may be a different life form that does not need Christ's redemption, the Vatican's chief astronomer said."

"Christians should consider alien life as an "extraterrestrial brother" and a part of God's creation."

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
hmmmmm. very interesting.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I think it is an important statement. If their truely is going to be disclosure then this will certianly be a very important issue for many people. At least it didn't say that if there was aliens we need to convert them to christianity to save their souls!

Good Find!
-E-

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
I think it is an important statement. If their truely is going to be disclosure then this will certianly be a very important issue for many people. At least it didn't say that if there was aliens we need to convert them to christianity to save their souls!

Good Find!
-E-

hahaha space missionaries!

that would be awesome.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
If there were space missionaries I only hope the aliens set their phasers to kill and not to stun.

This is an interesting find - clearing the air of the religious implications of ET existence is a necessary step before disclosure as indicated by an above poster.

If anyone knows anything about ET's - you can bet the Catholic church knows as much or more than anyone else - they are in the heart of the banks and controllers circle of evil.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

hahaha space missionaries!

that would be awesome.

hahahahaha.
i think space missionaries would quickly become space lunch and / or airlock 'guinea pigs'.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by JScytale]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I wonder how our "space brothers" will feel when the new intergalactic space Vatican starts fiddling with their children? Pissed i bet like us here on Earth

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Master Shen long
I wonder how our "space brothers" will feel when the new intergalactic space Vatican starts fiddling with their children? Pissed i bet like us here on Earth

Maybe they're asexual.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Ha! Well, any last-ditch effort to save their floundering false faith will do.

"As an astronomer, I can say that from the observation of stars and galaxies there emerges a clear evolutionary process," he said.

Really?

"This is not in contrast with the faith, because we cannot place limits on the creative freedom of God," he said.

"God became man in Jesus in order to save us. So if there are also other intelligent beings, it's not a given that they need redemption. They might have remained in full friendship with their creator," he said.

Apparently they neglected for quite a long time God's creative freedom to create individual humans who don't follow the dogma of organized religions like sheep. Some never lost touch with the creator and The Bible and other so-called holy books don't apply to them either.

Edit: use the intended "ex" quote

[edit on 6/10/2009 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Master Shen long

No. You. Did. Not.

Seriously, THIS is the BIG SETUP to the "Strong Delusion" God will send in the last days.

How else would you make all religion doubtful in one fell swoop, than "space FATHERS" being the seed of life on this planet?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon
If there were space missionaries I only hope the aliens set their phasers to kill and not to stun.

I am not a Catholic, but I find your disregard for life appalling. I wonder what you would say if the 'aliens' were to set out to kill any other minority group?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking04

Originally posted by Amagnon

I am not a Catholic, but I find your disregard for life appalling. I wonder what you would say if the 'aliens' were to set out to kill any other minority group?

I second this. Shows the hypocrisy of some of the more militant people on the Left.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

"Christians should consider alien life as an "extraterrestrial brother" and a part of God's creation."

I think if alien life is real, the appropriate course of action to take here would be to consider all alien life as a threat and danger before we consider them brothers. Who's to say more advanced beings are peaceful, they may be warlike and want to enslave / exterminate us.
Assumptions and Ignorance is what gets people killed.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Of course the church is going to spin this around and make it look like their religion isn't a lie, that's what they do. I know back in the 15th or 16th century the church thought the universe revolved around Earth, yet when they were quickly disproven, they changed their story around completely to cover their asses.

And also, if these alien life forms don't look like humans, then what does that say about God creating us in his image? Surely he doesn't think we are more important than the other life forms (who are probably thousands of years more advanced than us) to make us in his image, or does he?

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Mookie89]

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Mookie89]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by fapython

Who's to say more advanced beings are peaceful, they may be warlike and want to enslave / exterminate us. Assumptions and Ignorance is what gets people killed.

I'm pretty sure that if they wanted to kill us they could have done that already. I'm not saying their friendly but apparantely whatever plan they have for us or earth we are more useful alive or maybe not worth the effort to kill.

Im sure they've grown to love us, like a galactic soap opera where everyone wants to know what crazy thing the earthlings are at now! LOL

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I don't think they're here to harm us, but I also don't think they're here to help us. They're here to serve their needs, perhaps exchange technology and other things with us, and leave....not to drop by the local pub and drink beer on Friday nights. But I don't think they want to take over our planet. I think if provoked they do defend themselves. They aren't perfect. While they are more technologically advanced than we are, their crafts do crash from time to time.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by ufo reality]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
While they are more technologically advanced than we are, their crafts do crash from time to time.

Yea I remember reading once that this is supposedly due to our unstable gravity pull or something. Not a fault of the craft but false readings from our planet, blah blah blah.

Could be a load of crap though. Hey UFO's could be a load crap for all I know if we want to get technical.

Hope that answers the question you never asked! LOL (Keep em comin' I'm here all night!)

[edit on 10/6/09 by hey1212]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Remember, Revelations speaks of FALSE prophet. The Antichrist is a false prophet meant to deceive.
So if aliens do come around and claim to have seeded this planet and look nothing like us, DONT BUY IT.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Willing to accept the fact that them stars and galaxies are millions, billions and trillions of light years away and yet still believe the Earth is 6k years old. They will say anything and do anything to keep their flip flop religion going.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
Interesting read for those who haven't read it:

www.catholicnews.com...

"If aliens exist, they may be a different life form that does not need Christ's redemption, the Vatican's chief astronomer said."

The Vatican keeps pouring out ignorance to the millions of people so they don't lose control over their memebers. Eventually, they'll preach that god created aliens but god is still made man in his image.

More bogus claims self serving institution trying to keep it's stronghold on the mis-informed population.

Personally, I don't need some guy in a pointy white hat speaking on behalf of the world. All Religions will eventually go away and will be looked upon 100 years from now as "superstition".

People in the future who'll look back on us now "will be how we looked at how people sacrificed animals/people to the gods by throwing them in a volcano." In the future we will see how wrong we were to believe in the superstitious beliefs that are not tangible. These beliefs stops people in their tracks to search for knowledge or education. Why? Because they go by the notion if we can't have an answer for a question, then they'll pass it off as "god did not mean us to know".

I wish the Vatican would spend more time on how Mary got pregnant (They seem to have a hard time with that one.) and less time on a subject they know nothing about. If they do know anything, then they are far worse than the United States when it comes to cover-ups. An Institution like the Vatican will withhold information as such to keep their power.

Or in other words, they are "organizing" truth to benefit their institution of ignorance.

Wake up sleepy heads.

[edit on 10/6/2009 by TheInfamousOne]

[edit on 10/6/2009 by TheInfamousOne]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join