It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama VS Bush: HATRED on ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I don't think the people on the boards really changed there beliefs at all. What i think obamma is being attacked for is he was promoting change but were not seeing change just more of the same. Every issue he was going to change were getting more of the same.
can anyone name one campaign promise hes managed to keep? My favorite is more transparency i was going great its about time the government lets the people back in the process. All hes proved to me by his appointments is hes still hiding things trying to rush bills through and giving away posts to the highest bidder. Well i guess theres all ways the next election maybe?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf
Lately, I've noticed a lot of individual posts on ATS about how "Conservatives" have recently taken over the website. They complain that the Obama-bashing is getting out of hand. They pop-off with name calling and short indignant replies whenever someone "criticizes" President Obama's policies/actions in office. I've even seen "newbies" arrive to this website under the impression that ATS leans to the Right.

ATS does not, I repeat, DOES NOT lean to the Right. When I first came to this website in 2005, I thought it was a Left-leaning garbage collector (at least in the Political Forums). Bashing George W. Bush seemed to be a promoted behavior. Now, it seems to have taken a different direction.

Well, just a reminder.....

ATS IS A CONSPIRACY WEBSITE!

Everyone trying to give other ATS members the impression that this forum leans Right is full of crap. It does not. The pendulum has swung the other way and the Democrats are in power. It makes PERFECT SENSE that a CONSPIRACY WEBSITE is going to focus on possible CONSPIRACIES involving the CURRENT POWERS THAT BE!

ATS seems to be one of the most neautral forums around when it comes to political and social differences. While being politically correct, I hate to see it being accused of leaning one way or another. Do you agree?

really???? so where are all the posts about bashing palin, newt, limbaugh, hannity and all the others. the only critizism there is about these people is IN RESPONSE to some type of liberal bashing posts.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
I agree and it's ridiculous to assume that everyone against Bush is on the left and everyone against Obama is on the right.

Hahaha exactly!

I'm against the lot (apart from perhaps Ron Paul and a few others..). I'm against Bush(es), the Obama zombies and the rest. The US govt needs to be cleaned the hell out and re-elected with constitutionalists before the cancer it wreaks upon the world spreads any further.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CreeWolf

Although I am a "Newbee" I can't help but agree with your comments, I have been viewing (reading) ATS for a couple of years now without comitting myself to registering and voicing my opinions but seeing how it was not a left-right wing political website kept me coming back to enjoy ATS. I have to say you nailed it dead on!

Keep on believ'n

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

really???? so where are all the posts about bashing palin, newt, limbaugh, hannity and all the others. the only critizism there is about these people is IN RESPONSE to some type of liberal bashing posts.

Did post that by mistake?

36 page Rush bash fest:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

another

How about Palin-

want some hannity fun?

That search button sure is handy.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by nicholaswa

Right , there we go again, we are all fear and hate mongering neocon racist hmm?

thats a little hypocritical considering the tone of your post dont you think?
Not very objective?

Ive seen you many times lose it when someone wants to have an honest debate.....case in point yesterday when you told me you would provide me evidence of something and I challenged you to do so....

So in your next post you proceeded to call me names and won yourself an extreme TNC violation....

Sir i think you need to take a breath and learn to see things from both sides.....

Things are heated now, it will go one of two ways.......it will taper off or it will get worse....

I agree tho, when bush was in office i saw just as many bashing him as i see on obama now, its common sense , and anyone with brain can figure out that.

The other theory might be , that its NOT a right leaning sight....its simply the fact that the right AND left are getting pissed with what the POTUS is doing, hence the influx of posts.

It seems to me the only ones being left out in the cold are his staunch supporters.....

[edit on 11-6-2009 by ManBehindTheMask]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

There are very few because none of those people are the President. The President is the one the people hear about most, so they are the ones who get talked about most. None of the ones you listed are really in powerful positions, so what they say and do doesn't really affect the nation. Palin is the only one still in the government and her actions only affect Alaska, not the whole country. The rest can talk all they want, but nothing they say or do really changes anything. Few threads here are about things that only affect one state when it comes to politics, aside from threads on new/proposed state laws. So that's where the posts bashing them are. In the grand scheme of things none of the four you listed really have an affect on anything, so no one really discusses them much.

edit for clarity

[edit on 11-6-2009 by Jenna]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
i'm anti-bush and anti-obama,,, in fact i guess anti gov't

i believe in follow2ng the constitution,,,,limited gov't, checks and balances
and basically the gov't interfering in my life as little as possible, personal freedom and personal responsibilty
if that's conservative so be it

but there all crooks,,, it was bush hating during his term,,,, and with obama continuing in a seemingly bush third term,,,, screwing all us little guys,,, well it's his turn to be bashed

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

36 page Rush bash fest:

another

How about Palin-

want some hannity fun?

amen for your reply,,,,, i thought and laughed to myself,,,, where's the palin threads,,,,where do you wanna begin, geez

apparently the search query musn't be quite understood,,,,, although frequently it is tough to find what your looking for,,,,, i'm sure you could easily put palin + any verb +any adjective,, + any slang term and get a ton of hits

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I couldnt agree with you anymore Creewolf. It seems when people have accounts or go through unnatural events people here seem to be having a problem with others sharing their experiences with such.

I thought this website was for anything thats out of the ordinary?? Deny Ignorance? What does it mean??

People can be so close minded these days, youd think theyd have other forums to go troll through & bash on other peoples incidents than ours.

S&F!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

36 page Rush bash fest:

another

How about Palin-

want some hannity fun?

yeah...the "search" button reveals over 400 individual posts JUST on the subject...."obama is a muslim" ....just this one obama subject

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
lol left -right, republican-democrat,crip-blood all the same

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
You are trying to drive your fellow crazies to kill Obama. What must a religious nutjob think when you are telling them that Obama is the anti Christ, anti American, a secret Muslim, a Jew hater, and a non American? To them that means he is somebody that needs to be killed. You are trying to justify this kind of hate and assassination plotting because some other idiot liberals did similar things to Bush? It is wrong no matter who is doing it.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Myself, I think "Two Party System-you are all brainwashed"

Has no one has ever even heard of Winston Smith?

Instead of One big brother you have Two that take turns every 4-8 years.

I feel so alone in a sea of political bickering. Left or Right. Left or Right. Left or Right. Left or Right. Left or Right. Left or Right.

Mission Accomplished! Hope and Change! Lets Roll! Yes we Can!

Left or Right. Left or Right. Left or Right..............

Please wake up. Please! WAKE UP! Do you not SEE? You are so busy arguing about the other guy that you do not have time to stop and question the system that sets this up in the first place!

"Wake up Mr. Freeman......Time to choose."

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Totally Agree. A lot of conspiracies and people's concerns are about government spending & fiscal responsibility and the federal reserve, which could be considered "Conservative" I suppose. In my opinion it just makes sense that a Government should be fiscally responsible and you know balance the budget every once in a while, Democrat or Republican.
Really if anything ATS is moderate or libertarian for the most part. Most people in the world don't really like Government lies, trampling of rights, and un-welcomed interference in their lives. Those aren't by any means limited as conservative ideas.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I don't think it matter what way it seems this website is "leaning" because uncovering the "TRUTH" is the point of a conspiracy website...is it not???

I mean we could write politically slanted posts to the left or right...but why the HELL would it matter, when both teams are different faces of the same system??

It only makes sense to try and write objective commentary instead of playing the stupid left and right game.
Being from NZ, I personally don't see where your coming from in the first place, as we here in NZ are not all mind washed to see everything from a left/right or blue and red point of view - when that is clearly a blatant manipulation of your critical thinking.

All issues are not as simple as black and white, blue or red.

Your response??

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by nicholaswa

Ok, wait a minute. Lets not get ahead of ourselves here... If you dont mind me saying, everything you have said contradicts what you say you believe in. If people want to believe that we are the children of the aliens, then let them. After all, if you had all the answers, you wouldnt have joined this site. As far as I can see, all theories are welcome here and If you dont like some of them, dont make a big scene. Its a discussion forum! People should be able to Discuss things without throwing their toys out the cot.

America is a great country if you look at how people stick together but no one can deny that your government seems to keep their own people in the dark especially when it comes to important knowledge.

They seem to want to controll every other countries desitions, only for their own interest, not for the good of the nation. which is wrong. People have the right to know the truth and the American Government does not live up to any of their promises. So, in my OPINION, they deserve every bit of critisism that comes their way, until they earn their nations trust.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I'm not the one that was naive enough to ask for them as if they didn't exist.

You asked where are the palin, newt, hannity and limbaugh threads and I obliged you by showing them to you.

I really, really don't care how many Obama threads there are. So don't try and turn it around on me. If you didn't want a answer to your question you shouldn't have asked.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by nicholaswa
Whatever. This place leans so far to the right, it's about to fall over.

Political discussions are dominated by hatemongering racists who projectvehement, counter-factual arguments & thinly-veiled insults at their "opponents."

Discussions about alien life, or lost civilizations are dominated by Christian fundamentalists who usually employ the same, circular arguments popularized by Sitchin & Von Daaniken - that "we're the children of aliens" crap that people hold so near & dear.

And, the moderators do their best to ensure that this place remains a haven for the Freemen ilk. In fact, I'll probably receive a warning for this post, if not an outright ban.

I like ATS for its entertainment value, and for the occasional thought-provoking post, but the truth is, this is a place where ignorance is encouraged, never denied...

WOW! Thanks for saying what I have been thinking for so long.

I see from the archives there was a time before the lunatics completely took over the asylum.

There are some really fine intelligent insightful people around here. Increasingly becoming a persecuted minority. I've already seen a few just drop out of sight.

But the number of hostile adolescents of all ages have filled the gap and then some.

There are members Googling away day and night to find the most contentious, shocking, outrageous news and views out there in cyber land.

What a resource.

I think the well meaning staff sees the way thing are going, but the numbers are up, and if you aren't expecting critical thinking, it's entertaining.

Final not on Presidents. The position alone invokes hatred and resentment. The most powerful man in the world, how can you not hate him?

We get a blow by blow report of everything wrong in America and the interesting parts of the rest of the world. It's the US admin's fault for something they did or didn't do.

The guy at his computer knows what's right, and they put in some corrupted idiot.

Those with no power hate the ones who have the most.

Mike

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by CreeWolf

I don't think the Obama bashing is out of hand (although you may want to actually have a valid coherent point and not just "bash") it was much more intense during the campaign.

Most of the well prepared and presented critiques of the president are spot on yet in the minority. The majority are just trying to make some obscure tie-in to some sort of NWO-apocalyptic-Revelations-Muslim plot which on the surface seems a bit nutty but also pushes fear in a dangerous way.

Obama is secretly Osama Bin Laden video proof!
Obama is a Muslim terrorist!
Obama will send troops to defend Iran!
Obama is antichrist!

Real topics.
Or whatever variation on those themes.

One member even stated the possibility of a "brave patriot" assassinating Obama to test if he is God. Murderous terrorist acts against the Government is "patriotic"? I guess as long as you aren't a former Weatherman it's cool.

Most of that is the stuff of unsubstantiated paranoid fantasy and not really worth commenting on since the majority is simply opinion based speculation or outright fear mongering bigotry. It doesn't bother me really although I sometimes am inclined to try and bring my own perspective in, that I hope has some semblance of rationality but mostly it seems pointless.

That isn't the issue as I see it.

I think a lot of the OTHER topics that seem geared at slamming "liberal/cool-aid drinkers" are what is becoming annoying. It even seems that whatever current event is legitimately brought here to discuss openly, somehow ends up manipulated by the OP or the usual suspects into an evil liberal agenda. At the very least they may simply attempt to get some sort of "democrat dig" in there.

Most of the time it is unwarranted and not even relevant to the topic.

Isn't there something else to add to ATS other than how much you hate the opposite political party or their affiliates?

I never "hated" Bush.
I didn't like his policies.

I didn't vote for Obama.
I don't think he is change.

It's all just a game, really.

I just see that a lot of people are doing more irrational whining than making any relevant points. I've been PM'd by a few others that feel the same, even before I mentioned it. It's this silly partisan back and forth, when both sides are practically playing the same game to keep us at our throats while they gut us for everything we have.

During the campaign there was a large influx of conservative "freeperish" new members that came in to put up a lot of rumor and fear threads. Those types of political influxes/tactics are seasonally common. Especially to a popular website, so I am not surprised. I suppose it still has a lingering effect.

I may just stay out of those political bash-threads (or those that turn into them) all together and just let the people vent and freak themselves out over nonsensical connections because that is ultimately what I see usually happening.

- Lee

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join