It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti-Christ and His New World Order Revealed

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic

Originally posted by helen670
Hi/
Kiriaki means SUNDAY....translates to LordsDAY!.not House of the Lord!

I thought you were Greek. "Lord's day" is writen Kyriakos. Kyriake means "Lord's House".

It is Greek!
I speak Greek!
It has always been the Lord day!''KIRIAKI''
It was done for the New Covenant!
This WAS CHANGED by many western Christian Practices,although in other languages it is still The Lords day...in their own language!

Modern Greek is not the same as NT Konie Greek. Just as Old English is not similar to modern English. The word Kyriakos appears in Revelation and refers to the "Day of the [Roman Cæsar] Lord". In Rome Sunday was rest day, a tradition the Church adopted together with just about everything else Roman.

www.etymonline.com...
www.biblestudytools.com...
www.vatican.va...

[edit on 15/6/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

The early Church ''One Holy, Catholic(universal)and Apostolic church was ONE in all the world.
The Schism happened in 1054,there were many factors besides theological ones which led to the schism of the one Christian Church.The Western church and the Eastern church............. the infallibility of the Pope of Rome on matters of Church doctrine, the universal jurisdictional authority of the Pope of Rome, the doctrine of Purgatory, the immaculate conception of the Virgin Mary, the unauthorized addition of "and the Son" to the eighth article of the Nicene Creed,many others that are not taught in the Eastern Church.
BY the Fifteenth century almost all Orthodox lands fell to the Moslems (i.e., the Ottoman Turks)
This gave the Western church time to spread their truth to the rest of the world...........
The Eastern Church see this as a BLESSING(theologically speaking) because the true faith was kept along with teachings and traditions of their ancestors, the teachings of the Apostles who in turn had received them unchanged and in complete harmony with the faith and teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The early church began at Pentecost.
The Orthodox recognize the Old Testament, New Testament and the Deuterocanonical books, as a source of her doctrine. The worship services and prayers are based on the Holy Scriptures.
Everything that is in the Church is done for the Lord Jesus Christ our God.
Even the BUILDING is constructed that way.
The church building has many symbolic meanings; perhaps the oldest and most prominent is the concept that the Church is the Ark (as in Noah's) in which the world is saved from the flood of temptations; therefore, most Eastern Orthodox Churches are rectangular in design.Why the Church has symbolic meanings

Everything that you see in the building has meaning!
Jesus Christ said ''"He is not the God of the dead but of the living, for all live to Him" (Luke 20:38)
And I have the keys of Hades and death" (Revelation 1:18)
"whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord" (Romans 14:8).
A history of the Orthodox Church~

Just as the Apostles in the Book of Acts, Chapter 15 asked for the guidance of the Holy Spirit in addressing issues regarding the teachings of Christ, their successors-the bishops-held councils in order to decide what is true and what is false. It was within these councils that the Orthodox Church began to form its doctrine; always guided by the Holy Spirit.

It was in the early centuries of the Church's existence, while fighting to safeguard the true doctrines of Christ, that the Christian Church officially took on the name "Orthodox." The word Orthodox literally means "straight teaching" or "straight worship," being derived from two Greek words: orthos, "straight," and doxa, "teaching" or "worship."

IX
helen

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by helen670

Jesus said, "For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." Matt 18:20
and he said: "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." Matt 19:21

Now which of the above statements demands buildings costing billions of dollars to rise and much more to maintain? Wouldn't it have been better if we could simply just come together? The Vatican loves their buildings and worldly possessions more than their followers and more than Jesus. How many millions of poor people would have had a better life if the Pope had sold all his posessions and given the money to the poor.... And also, had he done that, what do you believe would have been the reactions around the world?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Jesus said, "For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." Matt 18:20
and he said: "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." Matt 19:21

Now which of the above statements demands buildings costing billions of dollars to rise and much more to maintain? Wouldn't it have been better if we could simply just come together? The Vatican loves their buildings and worldly possessions more than their followers and more than Jesus. How many millions of poor people would have had a better life if the Pope had sold all his posessions and given the money to the poor.... And also, had he done that, what do you believe would have been the reactions around the world?

Hi/
what is up with you and the Vatican?
Who cares about the Vatican?
I sure dont!
Now,Of-course we must have buildings so that people can come to the Lords House!
Agreed?
As I explained in previously,the Church is a place where all the faithfull meet and there they Worship God.
Symbolism in the church is all taken from the Old Testament and the New Testament.
The Church BELONGS to the people.
It should not be in any ONE's name.
Please dont mention the Vatican.......As much as they are big.....Prophecy says they will FALL.

IX
helen

EDIT....added www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=272473

[edit on 6/15/2009 by helen670]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Now,Of-course we must have buildings so that people can come to the Lords House!
Agreed?

Well, if we must. But Jesus didn't need it, why would the Pope want them? A couple of good friends gathered by the sea in the Sun is better. And if it rained we could move under a bridge or home to one of us. Why would we need cathedrals in every city? Well, most of them have great accoustic properties, and they are beautiful pieces of architecture, maybe we could turn the cathedrals into concert halls instead.

As I explained in previously,the Church is a place where all the faithfull meet and there they Worship God.
Symbolism in the church is all taken from the Old Testament and the New Testament.
Please dont mention the Vatican.......As much as they are big.....Prophecy says they will FALL.

Had not the churches been so fun to design and build, and beautiful to look at, I would see no point in them, they are way too expensive to be justified. And where does it say we should worship God? Should we not rather do his will? But I guess we have to have churches, one way or the other, atleast when you say it in Norwegian, then it's very true, and funny too

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Agreed?

Well, if we must. But Jesus didn't need it, why would the Pope want them? A couple of good friends gathered by the sea in the Sun is better. And if it rained we could move under a bridge or home to one of us. Why would we need cathedrals in every city? Well, most of them have great accoustic properties, and they are beautiful pieces of architecture, maybe we could turn the cathedrals into concert halls instead.

Had not the churches been so fun to design and build, and beautiful to look at, I would see no point in them, they are way too expensive to be justified. And where does it say we should worship God? Should we not rather do his will? But I guess we have to have churches, one way or the other, atleast when you say it in Norwegian, then it's very true, and funny too

Hi/

Have you not read my previous posts?
The Churches are built by the People,and therefore belong to the people...it is a Place of Worship!
Why does Jesus Christ say ''do this in remembrance of me?
Jesus Christ came for ALL mankind!
He came as He was Prophesied He would!
His Ministery began at the age of 30 and only lasted 3 and half years.
Im sure He didnt want to be stuck in the house all day.
If you had only 3 and half years to tell the world, would you stay in one place?
No you would not!
Although Christ came for all, not ALL accepted Him.

The Church..........is the way it is because it is called ''Heaven On Earth'' and there people worship God and learn about Him.
The Church is filled with displays of Angels and Saints of teh Old and New Testament...everything in IT gives us a 'Glimpse' of the heavenly realms!
Our Eyes see this and remember!

IX
helen

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   

If it works for you I guess it won't hurt. And beautiful architecture please the eye. The accoustics and grandness of these buildings may be awestriking and give an illusion of divine presence, but God doesn't dwell in churches, priests and people do. When Jesus use the sentance "in my name" he refers to how his name means "God is Salvation", so instead pleasing yourself inside the church, take a walk outside and see if anyone needs salvation. It's a duty for Christians to learn how to heal, not like miracles which tempt God, but with knowledge like first aid, cleaning wounds and being a friend who listens and brings sound advise. Some times helping a cold turkey heroin addict to get a fix can do more good than the alternative, not to. Who benefits from you when you sit on a bench in a church listening to the same old same old. And you can't buy yourself love through tithe or money offerings. If you want to receive God's love you better be found doing his werk, and not pleasing and satisfying your own ego in a church.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

If it works for you I guess it won't hurt. And beautiful architecture please the eye. The accoustics and grandness of these buildings may be awestriking and give an illusion of divine presence, but God doesn't dwell in churches, priests and people do. When Jesus use the sentance "in my name" he refers to how his name means "God is Salvation", so instead pleasing yourself inside the church, take a walk outside and see if anyone needs salvation. It's a duty for Christians to learn how to heal, not like miracles which tempt God, but with knowledge like first aid, cleaning wounds and being a friend who listens and brings sound advise. Some times helping a cold turkey heroin addict to get a fix can do more good than the alternative, not to. Who benefits from you when you sit on a bench in a church listening to the same old same old. And you can't buy yourself love through tithe or money offerings. If you want to receive God's love you better be found doing his werk, and not pleasing and satisfying your own ego in a church.

Who's ego?
You haven't read one post I wrote, have you?
Yes, you find all that God created outside!
Yes God created the World.
Yes giving ALMS is part of all Gods work!
How are we to know this if it was NOT told to us?
In Church the SAME is not READ every Sunday......Have you been in an Orthodox Church?
How does one have an opinion if one does not see or listen?
You do 'google''?
Yep!
Then you surely can't go wrong!

IX
helen

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Hi/ I cant understand why all this Astrology nonsense should be in the same category as Scripture?\

Perhaps that is because if the category is "Nonsense" then both are equality nonsensical.

Xtian scripture is no more valid than astrology both are claims of the supernatural based on bronze age superstitions .

However it would appear that there are many astrological references built into xtian scriptural myth, and there are those that would propose that they both share earlier origins.

We have to grow up and accept the fact that the apostle john or the jesusyahwhe god, are no more credible than the prophets Nostradamus, Edgar Cayce.
Well aprt from the fact that the latter are proven to have actually lived and breathed actually.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Yes, you find all that God created outside!

You seem to be terribly confused here, let's see what the jesusyahweh god has to say about it --

"--------Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and itis outside of you. When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known, and you will realize that you are the sons of the living Father. But if you will not know yourselves, then you dwell in poverty, and it is you who are the poverty."

It is interesting to note what jesus has to say about the "end times" that keeps xtians running around like Chicken Little.

" His disciples said to him, "When will the new world come ?" He said to them, " What you look forward to is already come, but you do not recognize it --- His disciples said to him, "When will the kingdom come ?" (Jesus said) "It will not come by waiting for it. It will not be a matter of saying"Here it is" or " there it is". rather, the kingdom of the Father is spread out upon the earth and men do not see it."

So there you go nothing to worry about after all, the kingdom of god is already here, about you and within you.
So xtains can now go back to taking out life cover on lengthy mortgages and start saving for their retirements after 2012 again.

Stick with medical insurance though as there doesn't appear to be any evidence that praying to jesusyawhe cures illnesses.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Hi/
Gospel reading for June 15th///

Romans 2:28-3:18
For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh;
but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God.
What advantage then has the Jew, or what is the profit of circumcision?
Much in every way! Chiefly because to them were committed the oracles of God.
For what if some did not believe? Will their unbelief make the faithfulness of God without effect?
Certainly not! Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar. As it is written:"That You may be justified in Your words, And may overcome when You are judged."
And also

Matthew 6:31-34; 7:9-11
Therefore do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'
For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone?
Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent?
If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!

ICXC
helen

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

It's just that I don't understand why you have to worship with all those priests in fancy dresses and hats with their monotone voices with the occuring ba-bu interval reading the exact same text as the year before. Worshipping dead saints, angels, flashing occult symbology infront of the altar where a picture of a fairhaired, blueeyed, bloody dude being tormented being nailed to a cross. Your happy go lucky death cult is immoral, blasphemous, awful and you all believe it is how it should be. The only organised thing I like in our church is how we can buy a candle or two and light them for loved ones.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Just to let you guys know the Sabbath is actually Saturday not Sunday. Listen to that. SUN day. Let's all worship the sun. That was the first day of creation, not the last. These days it must fit the work week.

Catholic publications, popes, cardinals, bishops, theologians, historians, professors, and the Vatican itself, have candidly admitted there is no biblical basis—whatsoever!—for Sunday observance. This article includes many quotations from them. You will be astonished at the extraordinary candor with which Catholic leaders address this subject. It is critically important to take the time to read what those who keep Sunday say about their authority—or lack of authority—for doing this. Using their own words, we must first establish why 1.2 billion Roman Catholics believe they are no longer obligated to observe the seventh-day Sabbath. They tell the whole world openly! The Bible plainly states that Christ is the Head of the Church (Eph. 1:22-23; Col. 1:18). Rome, supposing that Christ, in effect, delegated away His authority over the Church to Peter—who they proclaim was the first pope—speaks plainly of how they have used this “authority.” Just as God’s statements about the Sabbath were shocking to me, so should the following statements be shocking to you! (Many are included for emphasis.) “For example, nowhere in the Bible do we find that Christ or the Apostles ordered that the Sabbath be changed from Saturday to Sunday. We have the commandment of God given to Moses to keep holy the Sabbath day, that is the 7th day of the week, Saturday. Today most Christians keep Sunday because it has been revealed to us by the [Roman Catholic] church outside the Bible” (Catholic Virginian, “To Tell You the Truth,” p. 9, Oct. 3, 1947).

[edit on 6/15/2009 by watchtheashes]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by watchtheashes

So, could you do the word/math for 'Matthew Dark' please?
I'd love to see what comes up.
Please?
Pretty please?
And yes, I'm asking with all sincerity.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

It's just that I don't understand why you have to worship with all those priests in fancy dresses and hats with their monotone voices with the occuring ba-bu interval reading the exact same text as the year before. Worshipping dead saints, angels, flashing occult symbology infront of the altar where a picture of a fairhaired, blueeyed, bloody dude being tormented being nailed to a cross. Your happy go lucky death cult is immoral, blasphemous, awful and you all believe it is how it should be. The only organised thing I like in our church is how we can buy a candle or two and light them for loved ones.

We don't WORSHIP priests ???
Christ SAID...Do This IN HONOUR OF ME...And so it IS DONE!
People should stop ''Googling'' and start reading !(I wonder who owns google???
Priests are not worshipped but revered...Did not Christ sit with His Apostles?
Did not Christ say "do this in remembrance of Me" (1 Corinthians 11:24).
And also ''If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you. (John 13:14-15)
also we who are many are one body, for we all partake of the same loaf. (1 Corinthians 10:16-17)...The Body of Christ.
All, everything that is done, is done to Honor The Lord Jesus Christ.

for I tell you I shall not eat it until it is fulfilled in the Kingdom of God" (Luke 22:16).

The Passover Meal was a very important, annual event.
It was a meal of thanksgiving.
During the meal the Jews remembered their deliverance by God from Egyptian bondage.
The meal also pointed to the future fulfillment of the Lord's promise to deliver Israel from all its enemies.
During the meal a specially slaughtered passover lamb was eaten; bread broken and wine was distributed to everyone at ritually ordained moments.

It was precisely during this last Passover Meal with His disciples that Jesus revealed Himself as the Fulfillment of all that the Jews had both remembered and anticipated.
He was the final passover lamb, "the Lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world" (John 1:29).
The breaking of the bread pointed to the imminent breaking of His own body and the shedding of His own blood on the Cross, "for you and for many, for the remission of sins."

Jesus Christ was the ultimate deliverance from all bondage.
He was the new and final Passover, the Passover from death to life and from earth to heaven (Ode 1, Paschal Canon). To this day the Orthodox Church calls both Christ and Pascha(the Greek word) which is the Passover.

What was worn by the Priests of the Old Testament?
Why did they dress in such manner?
Why did they set up the tabernacle?
The conformity of the sequence of the making of the tabernacle with seven days of the creation of the world is apparent.
In Genesis each of seven God's commands begins with the words: "And God said" (Gen 1:3, 6, 9, 14, 20, 24, 26).
In Exodus, chapters 25-31, each of seven speeches of God devoted to the making of the tabernacle, begins with the words: "And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying," (Exo 25:1; 30:11, 17, 22, 34; 31:1, 12).
In Exodus chapter 40 seven stages of the making of the tabernacle are divided by the words: as the LORD commanded to Moses (Exo 40:19, 21, 23, 25, 27, 29, 32).
The Making of the Taberacle-Rite of Consecration~

The Symbol of Faith or Creed~where it comes from~is it in Scripture~

IX
helen

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheashes
Just to let you guys know the Sabbath is actually Saturday not Sunday. Listen to that. SUN day. Let's all worship the sun. That was the first day of creation, not the last. These days it must fit the work week.

Catholic publications, popes, cardinals, bishops, theologians, historians, professors, and the Vatican itself, have candidly admitted there is no biblical basis—whatsoever!—for Sunday observance. This article includes many quotations from them. You will be astonished at the extraordinary candor with which Catholic leaders address this subject. It is critically important to take the time to read what those who keep Sunday say about their authority—or lack of authority—for doing this. Using their own words, we must first establish why 1.2 billion Roman Catholics believe they are no longer obligated to observe the seventh-day Sabbath. They tell the whole world openly! The Bible plainly states that Christ is the Head of the Church (Eph. 1:22-23; Col. 1:18). Rome, supposing that Christ, in effect, delegated away His authority over the Church to Peter—who they proclaim was the first pope—speaks plainly of how they have used this “authority.” Just as God’s statements about the Sabbath were shocking to me, so should the following statements be shocking to you! (Many are included for emphasis.) “For example, nowhere in the Bible do we find that Christ or the Apostles ordered that the Sabbath be changed from Saturday to Sunday. We have the commandment of God given to Moses to keep holy the Sabbath day, that is the 7th day of the week, Saturday. Today most Christians keep Sunday because it has been revealed to us by the [Roman Catholic] church outside the Bible” (Catholic Virginian, “To Tell You the Truth,” p. 9, Oct. 3, 1947).

[edit on 6/15/2009 by watchtheashes]

Hi watch/

When did the Resurrection of Christ happen?
Should not THIS day, being THE LORDS day, be of significance to man?
After all, He did come to Save man!

Do you have a birthday?
When do you celebrate it?
Why do you celebrate it?

Christ in His Resurrection conquered DEATH and gave us a NEW life with Him....New life that begins with the Lord!
Out with the Old, in with the New!(maybe not a good example, but you get it!)
This day being Kiriaki(in greek) is the LORDS DAY!
The Apostle Paul states: "But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the first fruits of them that slept..." (I Corinthians 15: 20)
What is first fruits of them that slept?
Adam was the first...he slept because he died without Christ, for he broke the commandment of God...there is no Heaven!
Jesus Christ is called the second Adam(Man)because He destroyed DEATH on the Cross.
And so ...Death is destroyed!...(Death is the last enemy)"last enemy" (1 Cor. 15:26)...For this reason the Devil told Adam to eat,for he shall not surely die!
Because the Devil fell away from God...he was jealous that God created man and made man like the Image of God...
Let US make man in OUR image and OUR likeness(Genesis....And through the Logos(Word)of God, man was created!

I dont call the Lords day SUN-DAY....For I do not worship the SUN(it gives one skin cancer-or haven't you heard?)
Kiriaki mera....The Lords Day.
The Apostles, by inspiration of the Holy Ghost, set apart the first day of the week, which is called the Lord’s Day or Sunday (Acts 20:26; 1 Cor. 16:2; Rev. 1:10), instead of Saturday, as a holy day to be dedicated to God.
The reason why the first day of the week was called the Lord’s Day is that Jesus Christ rose from the dead on that day,
and accordingly it was due and proper to offer Him that day.

The Resurrection of Christ is not only an undeniable evidence of His Divine mission, but it also is the fulfillment of our Christian hopes, and the day of our salvation...Judgment Day.

Saturday was in the Old Testament....the Old Laws.
Why else did God take flesh and become a servant of man?
Why did He not just magically APPEAR and tell everyone He was God?

He needed(did not have to do anything,but) to save man from the first Adam who broke the commandment of God.In order that man be saved from Sin(break away)Man was needed(again,not had to) to restore what was the falling away from God.
(Old Testament)The Tree in the garden of Eden....now becomes the life saving(New Testament)The Cross of Christ.
The

We all were babies once upon a time(past).....adult life(present)
One is the Past.....and one is the now.
We cannot live as babies as that was in the past.
There will come a time when we shall all be changed and live eternally,that is the future...which is to come.
The Old has passed away,and the New has come forth....that which has to come has not happened yet!

In special cases, for the accusation of heretics or to resolve various misunderstandings, on the order of the Saviour Himself (Matt. 18:17) and by the example of the Apostles (Apostolic Council in 51 A.D., Acts 15:1-35), councils assembled. Some of these were Ecumenical, at which were gathered from the entire known world as many pastors and teachers of the Church as was possible. Other councils were local, where just pastors and teachers of a particular region assembled.

The decision of an Ecumenical Council is the highest earthly authority of the Holy Church of Christ, guided by the Holy Spirit, as it was stated in the decision of the first Apostolic Council, "For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us" (Acts 15:28).

There were seven Ecumenical Councils. At the first and second councils the Orthodox Creed was formulated.

///the Old Testament is a promise of,
and a preparation for the coming of the Messiah,(Anointed)
of the Christ through whom the salvation of mankind will be effected; and in its proclamation of Jesus of Nazareth as the Christ.
The New Testament affirms the fulfillment of the Old Testament message of salvation: in and through Jesus Christ, God has saved mankind and the world.
Revelation....Apocalypse...of which is to come!
written by the holy Apostle and Evangelist John,
contains a vision of the future destiny of the Church of Christ and of the whole world.

The Bible plainly states that Christ is the Head of the Church (Eph. 1:22-23; Col. 1:18)
Yes, I agree!
Did I say otherwise?
Understandest thou what thou readest?
He replied, How can I except some man should guide me? (Acts 8:30-31).
What has happened here?
Let's say my car breaks down,Do I go to the doctor to get it fixed?
OR find someone who knows what they're doing?
In the same manner dealing with Scripture.....Get the proper interpretations of Scripture from where it is worthy to be found!

It is necessary to bear in mind that the Old Testament is the shadow of good things to come (Heb. 10:1.
If the reader forgets this, he may not receive the edification he should, as the Apostle Paul warns.
Concerning the Jews he writes that even unto this day, when Moses is read, the veil is upon their hearts: with them it remaineth untaken away in the reading of the Old Testament,
that is to say,
they are not spiritually enlightened unto faith.
Nevertheless, when they shall turn to the Lord, the Apostle concludes his thought, the veil shall be taken away (2 Cor. 3:14-16).
So we must also read these books from a Christian point of view. This means to read them while remembering the Lord's words: ... They [the Scriptures] are they which testify of Me.
as the Church has also called them, and that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away, as the Apostle expresses it (Heb. 8:13).
The Kingdom of the chosen people of old has come to an end, the Kingdom of Christ has come: the law and the prophets were until John; from henceforth the Kingdom of God is proclaimed (Luke 16:16).

Above quote/The Old Testament in the New~

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness (2 Tim. 3:16).

"O Lord, I have loved the beauty of Thy house, and the place where Thy glory dwelleth. ... I was glad because of them that said unto me: Let us go into the house of the Lord" (Psalms 26:8 [LXX 25:7]; 122:1 [LXX 121:1]).

IX
helen
(I may have accidently written in Neo's/ thread post -of what I had to write here-only because I had two posts open)

Well, hope it makes sense.

EDIT...left a big gap in the middle!

[edit on 6/15/2009 by helen670]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I will tell you that Christ was crucified on a Wednesday not a Friday. After all Christ is the King of the Sabbath. The King of the Jews. Simply because the woman was commanded to rest on the Sabbath does not mean he was crucified on a Friday.

The next collection of verses will explore the role of the women in preparing spices and perfumes with which they intended to anoint the body of Jesus. And they returned and prepared spices and perfumes. And on the Sabbath they rested according to the commandment. But on the first day of the week, at early dawn, they came to the tomb, bringing the spices which they had prepared. and they found the stone rolled away from the tomb. Luke 23:56, 24:1-2 Now late on the Sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to look at the grave. And behold a severe earthquake had occurred, for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven and came and rolled away the stone and sat upon it. And his appearance was like lightning, and his garment as white as snow; and the guards shook for fear of him, and became like dead men. Matthew 28:1-4 And when the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, bought spices, that they might anoint Him. And very early on the first day of the week, they came to the tomb when the sun had risen. And they were saying to one another, "Who will roll away the stone for us from the entrance of the tomb?" And looking up, they saw that the stone had been rolled away, although it was extremely large. Mark 16:1-4 Now on the first day of the week Mary Magdalene came early to the tomb, while it was still dark, and saw the stone already taken away from the tomb. And so she ran and came to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple whom Jesus loved, and said to them, "They have taken away the Lord out of the tomb, and we do not know where they have laid Him." John 20:1-2 You may have to reread the above verses to notice that the women who had watched Jesus' body being laid in the tomb, prepared perfumes and spices. The Mark 16 text says that Mary Magdalene and the other Mary bought spices AFTER the Sabbath and prepared them. While the Luke 23 text states that the women prepared spices and then rested on the Sabbath. This is consistent with an annual Sabbath on Thursday, the first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, and the weekly Sabbath on Saturday. We know that these are the same women because the Bible verses all relate that Mary Magdalene was involved in all these events. However, two other Mary's are mentioned, one the mother of James and Salome, and the other the mother of Joses. In all cases, Mary Magdalene was involved. Therefore, the women saw Jesus' body being laid in the tomb on a Wednesday afternoon, they rested on the annual Sabbath on Thursday, and bought spices on Friday. They prepared the spices on Friday and then rested according to the commandment on the weekly Sabbath on Saturday. After the weekly Sabbath, they intended to anoint Jesus' body with the perfumes and spices. Therefore both intuitively and by evidence, we have proven that Passover was on a Wednesday, and that Jesus did as He had said, which was to rise again after three days and three nights. What remains to determine, is whether Jesus rose as the weekly Sabbath was ending or at sunrise on Sunday? You'll notice through a comparison of the four gospels that Mary Magdalene and the disciples went to the tomb a number of times. In some it was still dark, and in some it was already light. It wasn't until it was light on Sunday that they actually discovered that He had risen, in the first visits the tomb was empty. The above text in John 20, tells us of the first visit by Mary Magdalene when it was dark, the tomb was empty, and she had not been told that Jesus was risen, and only saw the stone rolled away. I will leave it to the reader to compare the applicable verses in the four gospels to reconstruct the various visits to the tomb. However, there is one verse which seems to tell us that Jesus rose on the first day of the week. Now after He had risen early on the first day of the week, He first appeared to Mary Magdalene, from whom He had cast out seven demons. Mark 16:9 The above text would seem to conclusively prove that Jesus rose early in the evening on the first day of the week, what we would call Saturday night. Some commentators have speculated that verses 9-20 of this chapter were later added since they weren't in any of the early manuscripts. Whether or not that is true, the reader ought to know that the meaning of a verse may be altered by the addition of a comma or a deletion. The original text did not have these punctuation marks in the Greek text, so they were added later. If a comma is added after risen, the verse takes on an entirely different meaning. Now after He had risen, early on the first day of the week He first appeared to Mary Magdalene, from whom He had cast out seven demons. This change is not altering scripture since it was not written with punctuation marks. This makes the verse consistent with all the four gospels, where Mary Magdalene visited the grave, shortly after the Sabbath ended, and saw the empty grave with the stone rolled away, but did not see an angel or see Jesus. It was later, when the sun had risen on Sunday morning that she came with Mary the mother of James and Salome back to the tomb, saw an angel who told her that he had risen, and then saw Jesus. One can imagine that Mary asked Mary Magdalene, "Who would roll away the stone?" as they approached the tomb, since Mary Magdalene had not mentioned that she had been there earlier and saw the empty grave. Then she went and told the disciples that she saw the angel and saw Jesus. What any reader should realize is that the Holy Spirit gave us the four gospels with fragments of the story in each, and it takes a study of all together, to arrive at the complete picture. The following verse clearly shows us that Mary Magdalene came to the grave as the weekly Sabbath was ending. Now late on the Sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to look at the grave. Matthew 28:1 (NASB) Source ad2004.com

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheashes
I will tell you that Christ was crucified on a Wednesday not a Friday. After all Christ is the King of the Sabbath. The King of the Jews. Simply because the woman was commanded to rest on the Sabbath does not mean he was crucified on a Friday.

Hi/

''After all Christ is the King of the Sabbath. The King of the Jews''. I say as My Lord says......

He who is perfect in love and has reached the summit of passionlessness knows no difference between his own people and strangers or between believer and infidel,
between bond and free,
or even male and female.
Being above the tyranny of passions and seeing one human nature,
he looks equally on all men and is equally disposed towards them all.
There is in him 'neither Jew nor Greek,
there is neither bond nor free,
there is neither male nor female,'
but all in all is Christ (Gal. 3:28). St. Mark the Ascetic, Second Century on Love

IX
helen

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
hi,
i have read thorugh most of this post but my 3 kids are makingn it hard for me to finish. I am not sure if this was brough up and it may be off topic but I don't think so. I was wondering if anyone could clarify
REV. chapter 20 for me.
I don't understand the 1000 year reign. How is satan in hell ( i assume) Then released then thrown back in with the anti christ and false phrophet?
Is he in hell when the anti christ and false phrophet are on earth then they go to hell then he comes back?
I am haveing a hard time grasping this chapter. Thanks for any help in advance.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I will reread the post - only had time to skim. However, you are aware that the History Channel put out some good documentaries on the Bible and interpretations and 666/ in Rev was a reference to NERO. Also, something that I find so very important. Jesus said you should not concern yourselves with these things or be deceived. You were suppose to be looking for God, not the anti-christ because in looking for it you will be deceived. Now in saying that, have you ever given any thought to 11:7-8? Suppose Obama is one of the last martyrs? What then? It's a shame to me that no one seems to think it odd that since Regan, people have been saying our presidents are the anti-christ. Suppose it is not one man but many (300/Bilderberg)? What then? Also, many supremacists use Hitler's Mein Kampf for inspiration - could it be the beliefs and not the man that is raised again? After all, you really cannot believe that Kennedy (injured in the head) is still walking around waiting to take his rightful place - another theory I've heard.
Just some food for thought tis all.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by concerned190
hi,
i have read thorugh most of this post but my 3 kids are makingn it hard for me to finish. I am not sure if this was brough up and it may be off topic but I don't think so. I was wondering if anyone could clarify
REV. chapter 20 for me.
I don't understand the 1000 year reign. How is satan in hell ( i assume) Then released then thrown back in with the anti christ and false phrophet?
Is he in hell when the anti christ and false phrophet are on earth then they go to hell then he comes back?
I am haveing a hard time grasping this chapter. Thanks for any help in advance.

Hell comes from Kel, which means Kill and also Cell....Hell. Keep "Cell" in mind especially when remembering "then God said, Let their be light". Gods creating the world in the womb, "dividing" light from dark. It starts with the smallest seed, like imagining what the stars in the sky actually are, the smallest seeds....all racing to be the first here. Soon enough.

hell Look up hell at Dictionary.com O.E. hel, helle "nether world, abode of the dead, infernal regions," from P.Gmc. *khaljo (cf. O.Fris. helle, O.N. hel, Ger. Hölle, Goth. halja "hell") "the underworld," lit. "concealed place," from PIE *kel- "to cover, conceal, save" (see cell).

The Eng. word may be in part from O.N. Hel (from P.Gmc. *khalija "one who covers up or hides something"), in Norse mythology Loki's daughter, who rules over the evil dead in Niflheim, the lowest of all worlds (nifl "mist"), a death aspect of the three-fold goddess.

Transfer of a pagan concept and word to a Christian idiom, used in the K.J.V. for O.T. Heb. Sheol, N.T. Gk. Hades, Gehenna.

Note: gehenna. It means Genesis or Generation...This is why Jesus says, "today you shall be with me in paradise"....in Generation, in CELL, HELL....again....for ever, because on the next go round, it's the same thing, folded, like origami.

Used figuratively for "any bad experience" since at least 1374. As an expression of disgust, etc., first recorded 1678. Hell-bent is from 1835. Hell-raiser is from 1914 (to raise hell is from 1896); hellacious is 1930s college slang.

Expression Hell in a handbasket is c.1941, perhaps a revision of earlier heaven in a handbasket (c.1913), with a sense of "easy passage" to whichever destination. Expression hell of a _____ is attested from 1776. Hell or high water is apparently a variation of between the devil and the deep blue sea. To wish someone would go to hell is in Shakespeare (1596). Snowball's chance in hell "no chance" is from 1931; till hell freezes over "never" is from 1919. To ride hell for leather is from 1889, originally with reference to riding on horseback. Hell on wheels is from 1843.

This is what it means to be scattered to the wind. Some will trip, most will be scattered. When you end the family line, which the life is carried forth in the blood of a new Generation, then you are scattered to the wind if you are not remembered by the living.

Did you know that Jew means "Celebrated". This is why Jesus says, "we know what we worship, for salvation is of the "celebrity"....Judah...the lions whelp (MGM ring any bells) Celebrated, Famous, Popular. Salvation is of the celebrities, they are the ones who are remembered by all. Not only that, they are remembered Iconically, even by a New Name. You were Norma Jean, now you shall be called marylin Monroe....just like momma...Mary.

At this point, all the iron in your blood, that retains the scroll of life, the generations of your family, "the tapehead of experience"...is erased. It's like shoots and ladders. It is really more like 10 generations...that is a true "1000" years. This is why it says, "when ever that thousand years should be ending. It is generations, that is all God counts...not years. Years are nothing, he is the ancient of days. The highest, the ever last, that is why the head must be struck. With out it, we are full.

This is why the first is last. The first of the family, the chief and the last in the line, the Eber (far away).

Also 1000 years is what seperates the Kohen from the gentile and jew. These secret societies every one fears, the Men of renown, The "Giants" and Tyrants who are devouring men out of their greed. By keeping the blood pure, that is the memory fault, that everyone has in them but don't know about, they do know and use it against you. This is where satan, the one destroying the body with vice, that works against the "healthy" spirit against the temple, finding himself to be god in the temple. Doing this one commits the "Abomination of Desolation". Desolate your family name, the one that took a thousand years to build. The house with many mansions.

Peace
All of this tech, they give it...it is nothing new....there are no cave men other then the ones who were sheltered for the last folding of time.

"Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives"

[edit on 15-6-2009 by letthereaderunderstand]

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join