It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Wearing Woman's Bathing Suit Arrested

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

SUGARCREEK TOWNSHIP, Ohio -- He not only violated the laws of fashion, but a man in Ohio also broke the law when he allegedly harassed several people while wearing a woman's bathing suit.

Officers say the man never threatened anyone, but was scaring some people.

This story enrages me if he was only arrested because people were scared that he was wearing a bathing suit. Even asking people how he looked in it isn't a crime.

www.ktla.com...

Youtube News Story

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Yetichi

Well it looks like he has boobs, so he would have to wear a woman's suit or be arrested for nudity.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The story says he was arrested/charged for:

he allegedly harassed several people while wearing a woman's bathing suit.

He's charged with public indecency and menacing, both misdemeanors.

Sounds like he was a public nuisance - no matter what he was wearing.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 6/10/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

AAAAAAAHAHAHA.

Here's my thing though-
Crossdressing isn't illegal. So. I mean, girls go topless at the beach and it's not really an issue, technically this ... well... he would be overdressed, wouldn't he? And sometimes men and women look very similar. What if he was really a women? He could have sued the police department.

But if he was harassing people, that's not okay. But it's different from people being "scared" because of how he dressed.

[edit on 6/10/2009 by ravenshadow13]

CX

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Depends on how he was harrassing them.

Put it this way, if a grown man kept walking up to my daughters whilst dressed in a womens swim suit, i'm not going to think everythings ok despite his strange fashion sense.

No matter what you say, that is odd behaviour and someone will eventually complain.

IMO the police arresting him, stopped him getting beaten by someone. It would of happened in the end.

CX.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
That is ridiculous, he should be allowed to wear whatever he chooses as long as it covers the vital areas.
Not to long ago there was pictures of jim carey running around on the beach in his girlfriends suit.I sure did not hear about him be hauled off to jail for it and from the pictures it looked like a violation on all of humanity

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
A perfect example of wasting the taxpayers money. So a guy in a swimsuit is asking people how he looks in it and is arrested for harrassment? Public nuisance? How sad and stupid.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Ok, he wasn't arrested for what he was wearing, but for harrassment. I guess he shouldn't have bothered the women, really any guy these days can scare women, he is obviously mentally ill and maybe he will get some help. But most likely he will spend a few days in jail and be let go.

link   

At no point did he threaten physical harm, but what he was doing made witnesses very uncomfortable, police said.

he was arrested for making people uncomfortable.

link   

Another link to the story:

www.whiotv.com...
But police said that was the problem. Witnesses said Miller exposed himself on several occasions and approached many walkers and canoers prompting calls to 9-1-1. One caller said, "This guy wearing a blue bathing suit is following the girls. He came up and beat on his chest and then started following them."

Nuisance.

PS. Its always a good idea to do a search for other sources on a story. Often times, you will find additional information

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Yetichi

This is ridiculous. Why didn't the cops tazer him? Doesn't make any sense. I guess they couldn't have told him to take off the bathing suit, that would make matters worse.

What kind of world do we live in when a people aren't immediately tazered for noncompliance? I want out.

Snarkiness off.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Apparently from the news clip people have been calling about him for a couple of weeks complaining that he was harrassing people. Something had to be done.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

hahahahaha that's like a troll response by you saying he is mentally ill. i don't think that is even worth responding to. I guess a court will have to decide his guilt or innoncence but asking people how you look in a bathing suit doesn't seem like harassment. None of the stories say he was using foul language either. if that is discovered then i agree he should have been arrested, especially, if he used the language in the prescence of children.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yetichi
reply to post by Bombeni

hahahahaha that's like a troll response by you saying he is mentally ill. i don't think that is even worth responding to. I guess a court will have to decide his guilt or innoncence but asking people how you look in a bathing suit doesn't seem like harassment. None of the stories say he was using foul language either. if that is discovered then i agree he should have been arrested, especially, if he used the language in the prescence of children.

He was not asking people how he looked in his bathing suit.

He was 1. exposing himself and 2. harassing people 3. following girls (www.whiotv.com...)

His arrest was justified. He probably needs mental health help. But he needed to be taken off the streets because he was a nuisance to all those he felt like following and harassing.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I do agree that if he was exposing himself and doing other crazy things then he most certainly should be jailed.It seems though that their more interested because he was wearing a womans suit then the actions that lead to the arrest.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I see a guy almost daily, probably 6'2" 300 lbs, riding a ridiculous bike in a thong, flip flops, and an orange hunter's vest!

I don't know much about him, but everyone at my work, and in my neighborhood sees him. One day he was in line behind me in the check out of Wal-Mart.

At first I as disgusted, but now I look forward to it! He cracks my wife up. He goes everywhere that way, I've seen him in Taco Bell, Burger King, etc. No one throws him out, because he technically has a shirt and shoes on. I think the thong is illegal, but it may not really be a thong; it may just look that way on his big ol' rear end!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Xenia Prosecutor Ron Lewis says Miller swam into the Little Miami River chasing two women who were canoeing, and chased two juveniles who had visited an ice cream shop.

AP Story

With that info I agree something had to be done. It seems that every news site i visit about this has some less or more info included.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Yetichi]

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Yetichi]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dee132423
That is ridiculous, he should be allowed to wear whatever he chooses as long as it covers the vital areas.
Not to long ago there was pictures of jim carey running around on the beach in his girlfriends suit.I sure did not hear about him be hauled off to jail for it and from the pictures it looked like a violation on all of humanity

Did you read the story?

I don't think Jim Carry was running around asking teenage girls and people about how he looked in the swim suit or was he?

If i had a teenage daughter and some old dude comes to her asking how he looks and dress like that i certainly would do something about it.

There's a difference there you know?

Just noticed there was more to the story, nevermind, but really, something had to be done, and yes he was harassing teenage girls and women, not just dressed like that, so anyway...

Kai

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Kaifan]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yetichi
reply to post by Bombeni

Are you a young female, or, do you have some young daughters? If so why not contact this guy in jail and invite him to your neighborhood to expose himself to you and ask your opinion on his bathing suits.

My point was that although this person certainly needs professional psychiatric help, he won't get it. He'll be turned loose to harrass other females and likely cross the line to physical assault eventually.

I am not saying all transvestites need mental help, in case you are a cross dresser. But most of them don't harass girls at the beach.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
I see a guy almost daily, probably 6'2" 300 lbs, riding a ridiculous bike in a thong, flip flops, and an orange hunter's vest!

I don't know much about him, but everyone at my work, and in my neighborhood sees him. One day he was in line behind me in the check out of Wal-Mart.

At first I as disgusted, but now I look forward to it! He cracks my wife up. He goes everywhere that way, I've seen him in Taco Bell, Burger King, etc. No one throws him out, because he technically has a shirt and shoes on. I think the thong is illegal, but it may not really be a thong; it may just look that way on his big ol' rear end!

FOr those who have been to New Orleans, there is a guy there that wears a pair of really tight tighty whiteys and jogging shoes, and that is all. He is there everytime we go, just walking the French Quarter and yeah, we always expect to see him. The difference is he minds his own business.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join