It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Ship They Just Couldn’t Sink

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

A Photographic Essay of Israel’s Treachery The USS Liberty, June 8, 1967

www.uruknet.de...

Some never seen before photos of the USS Liberty.

[edit on 033030p://pm3047 by masonwatcher]

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread Page):
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

[edit on 10/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher
Wow, they were even planning on dropping commandos on board the Liberty to liquate the crew ?!

I wonder if the crewmen were armed enough to lay waste to the Israeli commandos.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

I don't think Israeli commandos would have been very good at dealing with an able seaman with a rifle. They are only good for taking out civilians or making a hit against a lone and unarmed individual.

Everything else they do is at long distance using American weapons.

[edit on 043030p://pm3044 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

Amazingly, the USS liberty never fired back, as far as I know. The sounds of gunfire that came from the Liberty was probably ammuniton that exploded from the fires, and the Captain refused to return fire

I know for sure I would be blasting away at them with whatever I had

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
AFAIK the USS Liberty was armed with only 2 Browning M2 .50 machine guns plus the small arms available for the crew (ex. rifles, pistols, shotguns, etc).

I believe their was a USMC detachment onboard the ship as well but I am not sure if they were for the crypto stuff or as part of a security detachment as was common on US Navy vessels from the 1770s until the 1990s.

top topics

join