It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miranda Rights for Terrorists

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I must be the only American that does not care if my country tortures terrorists.I believe we did and are torturing and I simply do not care.Now what I care about is our solders coming back with missing limbs and the fact that U.S. companys are selling the equipment the terrorists are making bombs with and killing our fine young men.It makes me sick.One of them got on t.v. and said it was perfectly legal.We are our own worst enemy.God bless our solders and keep them safe.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Not a threat to America? Really? That's interesting. Seems like "death to America" is the terrorists war-cry.

If you dont mind, and if you please, would you care to elaborate more about and/or define whom exactly these terrorists youre referring to are?

If its simply a matter of whether radicalism or extremism in any or all forms exist; then I have no contentions there and theres no doubt that such vile types indeed exist in this world. As a matter of fact, these types exist all around the world, even in America (capital A for your appeasement).

However I take issue with generalization, hence my original question regarding whom you and others are speaking against, exactly.

Regards,

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
Hmmm...are you asking me to define my terms? Cuz our English is surprisingly good up here...you know, considering we're foreigners and all...

Let me let you in on a secret. My grandmother was French Canadian, so I kinda know how they are. Her English was quite good, until she was pissed.

What I call a Keyboard Kommando (with Action Avatars!) is somebody who is just all manly and aggressive and testosterone-fueled as long as their martial art is the keyboard in front of them.

Well, I don't have to be all manly and aggressive here on ATS. I can go over to the AOR and do it and actually get paid!!

How about you?

Pajamahadeen? I have that word on loan...it's the variety of Keyboard Kommando (with Action Avatars!) that never even bothers to get dressed before they do battle with the Godless Liberal. They generally live in their parent's basement.

How is it down there?

And I'm sure you have a great reason to bring my mother into this...aside from the fact that she had her fill of the Right Wing in Nazi Germany. Nice call.

And I'm suppose to take away what from this statement?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Just a few things for the people that think this is such a gosh-darn good idea.

Conferring Miranda Rights on enemy combatants will open up a can of worms including turning the battlefield into a crime scene, requiring gathering of evidence and maintaining an evidence trail, putting an end to gathering of battlefield intelligence (no interrogation without an attorney), requiring U.S. soldiers to appear in court and defend their actions, and who knows what else.

Just wait until the guys who were detained before this and weren't marandized start showing up for trial in the US. Their lawyers are going to have a heyday pointing a finger at the fact that others have been given miranda rights.

Consider the humint mission finished...you know, the part we were so lacking that allowed 9/11 to happen.

Granted, we grant those rights to anyone on our soil...seems to me that should apply to citizens only; Our Constitution, our rules. You wanna live by those rules, you become a citizen like the rest of us. Sound elitist? Yes.

Taking away the ability to learn of future attacks leaves us with one avenue to prevent future attacks...leave none of them alive to press forward those attacks. Kill them all, leave them to rot in the sun, drive on.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Does the phrase ," All men are created equal" mean anything to anyone?
How about , "Liberty and justice for all"?
All americans as children were taught , The Declaration of Independence,
The Constitution, and the Bill of Rights, as adults we take them for granted,and we truley don't understand them. Try reading them again !
As far as I'm concerned America is still a great country, and America needs to set an example on how it treats it's prisoners of war, terrorists or otherwise. How we treat our prisoners is how we should expect our soldiers to be treated as prisoners. You lead by example.

As for Miranda Rights for Terrorists, try reading the Patriot Acts I and II
Check for the term "Terrorist" and then look to the latest shootings in America, by lone wolf shooters. These wackos are American citizens, that are being labeled by the MSM as "Terrorists" and WILL be tried as "Terrorists".
The War on Terror is coming home folks and ANY American can be labeled a"TERRORIST"

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
All are created equal in America.The Constitution is for Americans.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Also they kill Americans every chance they get.They don't care about your bleeding heart.If they did they would not be our enemy.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I am going to ask this question again to anyone who believes giving Miranda rights to terrorists is a good idea because nobody seems to want to tackle Obama's own words.

As the video clearly shows, Obama was NOT for miranda rights.

So is Obama all of a sudden deeply worried about their rights or did he purposefully lie or did he change his mind for political reasons?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by debz325
All are created equal in America.The Constitution is for Americans.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Read. . The. . Constitution. .
Preferably before you debate its meaning.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

Oh,
and lets add a Libertarian perspective to the whole "constitution only applies to citizens" premise:

Question:

Do you agree or disagree with the statement made by former Attorney General Gonzales in January 2007 that nothing in the Constitution confers an affirmative right to habeas corpus, separate from any statutory habeas rights Congress might grant or take away?

Answer:

Ron Paul
I strongly disagree with him because I think it was absurd. If we can’t deny habeas corpus it infers that you have habeas corpus. So I would strongly disagree with his whole interpretation of habeas corpus. ... [As for whether that extends to non US citizens in US custody overseas]. I think that might depend upon the circumstances of declared war, and what the circumstances might be. ... [In the case of Guantanamo detainees,] I would think then that we should, under those circumstances, follow the principles of habeas corpus.

www.boston.com...

[edit on 6/14/2009 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
This moron is unbelievable, he is so ratical it scares me. Who cares about giving these people rights...... What rights do they give us? NONE, they want to kill us and he is concerned about reading them rights. This just shows he is an extremist muslim and he is running this country right into the ground because he has ratical views and wants to take us down. These libral morons have managed to put our biggest enemy into our highest office. He doesn't have ANY Americans interest at heart, He is making it easier for us to be attacked by breaking down our borders and military, he is bankrupting this country and telling the world how bad we are. What President does that? This one does, because he is AGAINST us! How stupid can people be to fall for his b&%#^*$t? I certainly didn't, but a little over half of this country did. Unbelievable!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPIE DUDE

Are you really that ignorant that you think reading rights will make any difference to our enemy's. This will only give them the impression that we are weak. So, if we "set an example" they will stop hating us? Give me a break, you voted for this moron didn't you.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
It seems the Obama admin has decided to follow the rule of law,and not deprive even SUSPECTED Terrorists of their rights.

NOTICE>>>>>SUSPECTED TERRORISTS.....

I am sure you would appreciate having your right to remain silent reserved for you too,even if you are dumb enough to think some people don't deserve any rights because they are a SUSPECTED Terrorist.

Our legal system may become something other than the criminal enterprise that it has in the past few administrations.

Once again,ignorance seems to rule in this site.

I laugh at you stupid american sheep.

I must escape this place,it's the smell.

Humans are a virus.

You spout off about them killing americans,but pay no attention to how much carnage we spread around the world to steal resources so you can remain lazy,fat and stupid.

Socrates was terrified of the same thing this is,where 51% of the population decides on policy against the 49% minority.

Democracy has NEVER worked in the history of the world for protecting the rights of the weak.

Nevermind your government,your country is run by corporations anyway,with the rights of a person under the 14th amendment,but no responsibility because they are not really a person...?...

Nevermind.

The Miranda act only informs you of your right not to incriminate yourself by saying ANYTHING,which is a really good idea when you are in contact with the most corrupt system of abuse and control in the entire world....

A few seconds of waterboarding,and most of you wimps would be waiving your right to remain silent anyway.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by chiponbothshoulders]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Hey Dude!,a battlefield IS a crime scene,it is the scene of one of the greatest crimes against humanity that has ever been committed.

Even worse than those who send others to do their fighting for them are those who think any of this is necessary or right.

War IS a terrorist act!.ar IS a terrorist act!.War IS a terrorist act!.War IS a terrorist act!.War IS a terrorist act!.War IS a terrorist act!.War IS a terrorist act!.War IS a terrorist act!.

If you think it is so right,go out of your way to get into the fray and prove your support through you loss of bodily fluids.

I did,and I was wrong,but I'm alright now.......

I guess......

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiponbothshoulders
The Miranda act only informs you of your right not to incriminate yourself by saying ANYTHING,which is a really good idea when you are in contact with the most corrupt system of abuse and control in the entire world....

A few seconds of waterboarding,and most of you wimps would be waiving your right to remain silent anyway.

good point chip, it's only the miranda rights we're talking about here. as i previously stated in another part of this topic... obama may know more than he is saying. this miranda rights issue comes on the tail of the failure to disclose the torture photos. some of these victims were also "suspected terrorists"

however... keep in mind... behind closed doors, they can make you talk.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
about this torture thing...

they say that you can't get the truth by torture... that they'll start saying anything to make the pain stop.

well, it sounds to me that when a person reaches this point, they've been tortured enough to say anything. the torturer has gone beyond the point of getting the truth and is now acting out sadistic tendancies... which they probably were all along anyways.

this is like ritualistic mind control and torture... you have to work beyond the point of torture until either the person shuts down... which they will... then you gain control... then perhaps they'll say anything you want by suggestion, coersion.. and maybe believe it.

then you can use this evidence and have them prosecuted under the law that everyone seems to be holding dear to them.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
Given the fact that we've wrongfully accused innocent people of being terrorists, and after all this Guantanamo nonsense... I'm going to go ahead as token liberal to say- this is a good idea.

Once the terrorists start wearing Uniforms, then they can have there rights.

Every other fighting force in the world has to wear a giant Bullseye on their chest, why do Ji-hadists get a free pass?

Whats next? our soldiers must fight with super-soakers and the enemy gets to keep their AK's?

I can see it now.

MARINE: KICK THE DOOR IN!!!
DOOR: BAM
MARINE: YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILE....
TERRORIST: ???
AK-47: KLACK KLACK KLACK
MARINE: NOOO, AHHHH, WHY OBAMA.

I'm glad im not in the Military, Its like the folks at home are TRYING to get you killed. Im disgusted.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by Mikeyy]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mikeyy

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
Given the fact that we've wrongfully accused innocent people of being terrorists, and after all this Guantanamo nonsense... I'm going to go ahead as token liberal to say- this is a good idea.

Once the terrorists start wearing Uniforms, then they can have there rights.

that defeats the purpose of a terrorist. this goes back to what is a terrorist? if you are a big terrorist with big power and run the neighborhood, then wearing red might not be a problem.

if you are a little guy, it's not cool to run the streets in blue shirts.

in the past 50 or so years... who all has been labled a terrorist? now the right wing groups... did you see the new ruling or whatever it is, being put out by homeland security on potential terrorist? they are american.

i'll go back to... who / what are terrorist? what is the criteria and who deems one a terrorist and who controls the mass communication and opinion? something to think about...

i personally don't like being termed a potential terrorist. it's not true, though some agencies may think otherwise. as evasive as the patriot act is, many of us can be labled potential terrorist.

think about it.... then think about which side of the fence you might be standing on when someone dicates that you do in fact fall under the patriot act. could it be obama, cheney... what about another group? who decides?

not too long ago, anti-war protestors were unpatriotic and targeted. do or will they fall under the patriot act? what if they are peaceful?

it's all open to interpretation. as with "classified", "national security"..... the word "terrorist" seems to be thrown around a bit too much.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join