It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miranda Rights for Terrorists

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
the thread police.

what thread ever stays on topic. is that a rule?

possessive about our threads eh?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic
Way to keep up.

Thanks, but you should try the same.

Your sly comments just keep proving my point about you.

We are not at war.

Yes we are.

Meaning all that are being detained are being detained illegally.

That is your wrong opinion.

Meaning the miranda rights is really the moot point, because their detainment is illegal.

Again, you are entitled to your flawed wrong opinion.

Also, they are fighting on their own soil. You really think that defending THEIR HOME is a terrorist act?

Oh, good grief!

These people are NOT defending their home because it's not their own soil. Do you even know the basics? The answer is obviously no given your comment.

These terrorists are foreign fighters. Why do you think the governments of countries like Pakistan are also fighting them? Please try and think for yourself for once.

But again, we are going ignore that, arent we?

You are going to ignore that, arent you?

That, friend, is the definition of a troll.

And you fit that picture like a glove.

Heck, you attacked the very first person in this thread that said anything from even a slight liberal POV.

AGAIN, how is saying that a poster is basing their thoughts on emotion instead of logic an attack? Please stop with your faux outrage and stop trolling please.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
what about the geneva convention?

as a country, we should be following international law. as it seems... only as it applies to us.

i hope that obama will change the way america behaves throughout this realm of the universe.

they are already policy making off planet. like we have the moral high ground when it comes to "rules and regulations."

of course another "program"

another thread

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by miasria

as a country, we should be following international law. as it seems... only as it applies to us.

We do follow the Geneva Conventions. How do we not follow the Geneva Conventions?
Besides, the Geneva Conventions do not apply to terrorists anyway.
Also, please show me where the Taliban and AlQaeda signed the Geneva Conventions.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Way to keep up.

Thanks, but you should try the same.

Your sly comments just keep proving my point about you.

Yes we are.
That is your wrong opinion.

Again, you are entitled to your flawed wrong opinion.

Oh, good grief!

These people are NOT defending their home because it's not their own soil. Do you even know the basics? The answer is obviously no given your comment.

These terrorists are foreign fighters. Why do you think the governments of countries like Pakistan are also fighting them? Please try and think for yourself for once.

You are going to ignore that, arent you?

And you fit that picture like a glove.

AGAIN, how is saying that a poster is basing their thoughts on emotion instead of logic an attack? Please stop with your faux outrage and stop trolling please.

1)Who are we at war with? As of right now, the U.S. is in no declared war. We are involved with "a war on terror" which is not a declared war, same as the "war on drugs" is not a declared war.

2)Tell me how I'm wrong. Go on. Tell me. So far I have only seen you make false statments.

3)Tell me, where are all these detainees taken from? Where are they from? You can spin it however you want, we are occupying a foreign country and detaining those that oppose our occupation.

4)Pakistan is fighting the taliban because, the taliban is actually attacking them. And if you've done any research on the subject, you know that Pakistan harboured the taliban for a very long time, until the U.S. put pressure on them to remove them.

5)I am not outraged, I am simply pointing out your ignorance.

6) I'm still waiting for you to tell me why it is okay to a)capture foreigners on their soil; b)rendition those foreigners; c)detain them on U.S. soil(yes, gitmo is U.S. soil), d)accuse them under u.s. law; c)put them on trial per U.S. law; but they cant get U.S. legal defense.

Explain the logic.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

We do follow the Geneva Conventions. How do we not follow the Geneva Conventions?
Also, please show me where the Taliban and AlQaeda signed the Geneva Conventions.

Torturing is against geneva treaty.

Also, it doesnt matter if the taliban or anyone else signed the treaty-the U.S. did. Meaning we are held to it's standard.

That being said, we are not in a declared war, and therefore, the geneva treaty does not apply.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

i'm not going to argue your point on this matter. an easy look up on the geneva convention and how we have violated it.

hell, we violate our own laws for that matter. and that quantanimo bay prison using the term enemy combatant...

beautiful.

and before you jump me.. keep in mind that i voted for bush twice and thought cheney was attractive.. and i trusted my government.

they stripped this country of it's dignity and the constitution more than any other administration. then come of with all this mass hysteria and control garb.

i'm not buying it anymore.

oh, and while i'm on this matter.. i also used to state, "well, the patriot act is only for the "bad" people..."

what an idiot i was.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

You know, we should really elect somebody that agrees with isolationism. We'll just send a fleet B-2's or what ever our biggest plans are with a few hundred MOAB's and just bomb Afghanistan and Pakistan and be done with it.

I'm dumbfounded that people think our Military is a police force. They shouldn't even be Nation Building.

Having to appease all the bleeding hearts in Europe and having to rebuild countries after we destroy them is bull.

It's apparent that people care more about the people killing our troops than the troops themselves.

I just don't get it. They are our enemies they are trying to kill American's. They have rights under the Geneva Conventions what more do they want? The Progressive movement is killing this country.

Edit to add -

Then the freaking people saying we are a Nation of Laws meanwhile they are letting Obama destroy whats left of the constitution.

I don't get it. It makes me want to bang my head up against a brick wall because its like their brains have fallen out of their skulls.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
reply to post by WhatTheoryI just don't get it. They are our enemies they are trying to kill American's. They have rights under the Geneva Conventions what more do they want? The Progressive movement is killing this country.

who is "they" ?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

1)Who are we at war with?

The Taliban and AlQaeda. Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

2)Tell me how I'm wrong. Go on. Tell me. So far I have only seen you make false statments.

I already have numerous times.

Sorry, but you are the one making false statements. You do realize that just because you say something that it does not mean what you say is true.

3)Tell me, where are all these detainees taken from? Where are they from?

They are from many places and not one in particular. However someone you believe they are from the land in which they are fighting. This belief of yours only proves your ignorance regarding this subject.

4)Pakistan is fighting the taliban because, the taliban is actually attacking them.

So again, you prove yourself wrong. The Taliban fighters are not actually from Pakistan so your previous statement of these people fighting for their home is false. Thanks for proving my point with your flawed logic. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

BTW, Pakistan is fighting the Taliban because they are attacking them as we are attacking the Taliban because they attack us. Remember 9/11?

5)I am not outraged, I am simply pointing out your ignorance.

Sorry buddy, but you are the poster child of ignorance.
Your words to the talking.

6) I'm still waiting for you to tell me why it is okay to a)capture foreigners on their soil; b)rendition those foreigners; c)detain them on U.S. soil(yes, gitmo is U.S. soil), d)accuse them under u.s. law; c)put them on trial per U.S. law; but they cant get U.S. legal defense.

Explain the logic.

Because this what you do to the enemy. Good lord, we would never have won WWI or WWII with your flawed logic. In previous wars, we simply lined most of the prisoners up against a wall and shot them. Perhaps we need to start this policy again.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

le think our Military is a police force. They shouldn't even be Nation Building.

Having to appease all the bleeding hearts in Europe and having to rebuild countries after we destroy them is bull.

On this one, it can be fairly easily explained.

Go check out who profits from rebuilding after wars. Go check out who has profited. Who is currently profiting.

That's all the answer you need.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

A) The Geneva Conventions do not apply to terrorists.
B) We have not tortured anyone. Waterboarding is not torture.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by miasria

who is "they" ?

The non-politically correct but truthful answer, the Radical Islamo Fascist that chant Death to America out in the street by the millions.

That's who.

Bush started this war and now we have to finish it.

link   

i'm not going to argue your point on this matter. an easy look up on the geneva convention and how we have violated it.

If it is so obvious, please tell me exactly how we have violated it because I cannot find it.

link   

It's apparent that people care more about the people killing our troops than the troops themselves.

I just don't get it. They are our enemies they are trying to kill American's. They have rights under the Geneva Conventions what more do they want? The Progressive movement is killing this country.

that's not true hasta. here is a tribute video i did for our soldiers a few months ago. www.youtube.com...

just because i believe in rights doesn't mean that i believe in terrorism or disregard our soldiers. on the contrary.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Not at all. I don't suggest that such a monster should not be executed in a manner that he slew his victim, I just demand that it be done without barbarism and arbitrary injustice.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

A) The Geneva Conventions do not apply to terrorists.
B) We have not tortured anyone. Waterboarding is not torture.

1)The geneva treaty applies to the US, so it really doesnt matter if it doesnt specifically state terrorists. A nation signing into this treaty is expected to follow it, regardless of who the adversary is.

2)Waterboarding is torture. Sexual abuse is torture. Mental abuse is torture. Heck, incarceration without trial, representation, or a right to defend oneself is torture.

3)As I said before, the geneva convention does not apply here, because we are not in a declared war. Try reading the whole post next time.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

If it is so obvious, please tell me exactly how we have violated it because I cannot find it.

use those little fingers of yours and type the words:

geneva convention america on google.

i'm not doing your homework. especially when you started this thread. you did agree with me on the possible reason for obama's reasons for making this decision. i'll give you that.

i don't argue for the sake of arguing. i kinda think you do.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

Okay, so why you more worried about some freaking lunatics that are blowing up our troops, and not more concerned with fixing your own country?

I can care less about those people.

Maybe the MSM should start airing the videos of when they cut one of troops heads off on TV. Complete with sound.

Maybe that would change your mind. Having to read the enemy Miranda Rights has to be the best Jihadist recruitment tool in existence.

They are probably laughing their heads off at us right about now. Hey if they don't kill me I don't have to say anything and I get a lawyer.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Bottom line:
Is the President ignorant, stupid or just a liar since he clearly stated that these terrorists do not deserve to have miranda rights.

Which President do you agree with? The one who believes that they don't deserve miranda rights like the one in the video or the President who now believes they do since they are reading the terrorists miranda rights.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join