It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REAL Truth: IMO Anyway

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

First of all I NEVER said I was upset. I am not believe me this will not upset me. Its a forum. Did you not read where I said I respect their opinion? Guess not. I am only wanting to go back and forth with ideas. It's not a debate on who is right and who isnt. I am interested in this persons opinion as that I have never heard this theory before and want to know more and share my opinions as well. Nothing else was meant by it.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jeddun

No problem friend.

I see alot of people on here to jump to conclusions are the first to wave their stick in the air and say NO YOUR WRONG, I HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS.

The above poster put it best, truth is ONLY your opinion. It's our best guess at the time just like science.

As humans we constantly blame things we don't understand on outside forces. The greeks did it, the Egyptians did it, cave men even did it.

The flavour of the century is Aliens. And now I am not saying I don't believe in UFO's and aliens in general, I think it's ridiculous to think that we are alone in the Universe. There is OBVIOUSLY intelligent life out there, even from just a statistical stand point.

But we have NO proof, don't act like you all do, you really don't. Just like we don't have any proof of the existance of God, or the big flying Spaghetti monster, but people believe.

And it's not about destroying one's belief, it's about looking at it from a subjective point of view, knowing the other person's feelings on the matter and reacting appropriately.

Play nice kids, there is no need to get angry and claim that we know things we do not. This is his opininon, and here at ATS, that is something of value, more so than proof.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeddun
reply to post by BaronVonGodzilla

Hmn see wrong again..no need to discredit my stance by eluding i am trolling due to the 'overwhelming' evidence presented to me to say otherwise...wheres the evidence? This is SO standard and typical a response to a very lucid skeptic who has SEEN, no stood RIGHT beneath something, that to me didn't look alien...nothing i saw screamed "that isnt possible here!' other than the floating and silence..i can see that being an emerging technology ..i mean look at what we've accomplished thus far in under 60 years!! And I'm the asshole? LOL. I am simply stating that its POSSIBLE there are NO aliens! I know its hard to imagine...and i'm certainly not the first one to say it.

That craft you described is one of dozens that have been described and documented across the globe by folks for decades. Could very-well be man-made. Doesn't mean all the others are.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Ok the very first images are definitely military to me....they look like flying wings...the one i stood beneath was like the first one (belgian image_) but smaller like a car.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Well then I apologize if I misread your reply to the OP. I just wanted to point out that everyone has an EQUAL right to their opinion regardless of whether we agree or not.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jeddun

Yeah that was the impression I got from looking at those same videos in the link that was posted. There was nothing that jumped out at me and said this could not be experimental military craft.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Elepheagle

yup totally...and for the record i want to believe...i just need a bit more than the usual media pandering.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I'll tell ya..here's a real mystery we can actually discuss:

Why is it that in the nations that foster Buddhism, the practice, no the very essence of Self-Control (this is really the extent of the whole philosophy)...do they have overpopulation problems stemming from an oversexed society? LOL why would a nation of Buddhists need to practice medical sterilization?

Now that's the REAL mystery.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

No problem

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I can't say I agree with you 100%, but you make your valid points, and I respect that. I don't know if you believe in ETs, and I don't really care; however, I've had a up-close encounter with a UFO, so I have enough proof to believe "they" are real. I actually don't really understand your point, to be honest. You keep going on and on about something and keep saying it's your opinion. Yeah, it is your opinion. But we have ours, too. And yours isn't any more right or mightier than ours. You don't have the "REAL" truth. Don't say you do.

I wish you the best.

EDIT: Grammar

[edit on 6/10/2009 by Cagalli]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Cagalli

That's right...the only difference is. is that the opinion is mine..that's all. Just tossin it up here for discussion not unlike anyone else..nothing strange about it. I could be dead wrong....just going with what makes the most sense.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jeddun

I mean for Christs sake just think and use your heads ....

Interesting turn of phrase, that. Freudian slip?

Here's the thing...... There are those that have had experiences that absolutely ruin or otherwise impair their abilities to their pursuit of happiness. I'm talking about abduction experiences.

For the lucky few, they claim a peaceful and serene, even insightful experience, full of nurturing and love and wonder. Sometimes they sell books and DVDs.

for others, it is a harrowing and frightening experience of complete loss of control, horribly intrusive, and leaves behind mental (and sometimes physical) scars....... the latter heal much more quickly.

Can I prove that? Nope. It's a subjective experience. I can provide evidence of the phenomenon.

I understand somewhat your feelings that this is all just a money-making hype, and perhaps there has been a real element of exactly that in the past few years.

I've seen a UFO three times in my life. One of them had a high probability of not being manmade. The other two..... I am absolutely certain they were not human made. I cannot prove that.

It's why I watch the sky every night. I'm drawn to it. I wish the same experience onto you, and then you'll have an idea of what others experience.

peace

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Elepheagle

yup totally...and for the record i want to believe...i just need a bit more than the usual media pandering.

I'm with you completely on this statement. I guess I can negate my previous statement in my first post here: I believe that there is overwhelming evidence there is something going on. What that something is, I have ideas. Whatever it is, it is significant. That much we can be sure of. Peace, and dropping out.

Going back to the thread where some respected ATS members put down the cases that confuse them.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Elepheagle]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Cagalli

That's right...the only difference is. is that the opinion is mine..that's all. Just tossin it up here for discussion not unlike anyone else..nothing strange about it. I could be dead wrong....just going with what makes the most sense.

Thanks for the reply. I respect your opinion and look forward to seeing you participate in the forum. Thanks again.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Couldn't agree more with you OP. There's absolutely no proof of alien visitation but people still want to believe and that's ok. I come to ATS for entertainment and that's also ok.

The only UFO's worthy of investigation I think are the glowing orbs/foo-fighters. They are most likely a natural phenomena but that doesn't make them any less interesting.

Project Hessdalen

[edit on 12-6-2009 by cripmeister]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The real problem with ufology is to seperate truth from false and unfortunatly ufology happends to be in a grey area. What we are seeing now is based almost entirely on 'believe' just like religion in general for example. There are people who believe cropcirkels are made by aliens. They believe this even thou humans demonstrated how crop cirkels can easily be made, they believe it even thou the symbols are in some cases clearly of human origin. They will defend it, but ultimatly their proof will not stick or merely create a possible alien link that might just as well be not.

Another one is the building on stories. Fr example, many experiances with alien contacat are based upon things like the existance of greys or reptillians. In other words, people base a story on things that have no solid proof.

The trouble on ATS is that the proof is almost always dubieus and doubtable in it's origin. At the same time dozens of new stories, mostly based upon issues still being debated are poured upon people that really want to research thus makeing it more difficult to do research.

If I would make a hypothetical esitmation I would say it as followed.

80% of the stories on ATS are not true, based on half turuths, fiction and fantasy or misinterpretation.
15% are truth but mistinterpreted. (e.g. experimental plane is mistaken for alien aircraft)
4% Is truth but still in research because proving it is to difficult. (circumstancial evidance, contemination by fictional stories resolving around the subject)
1% or less is true.

So when you read something on ATS you need to be a complete sceptic of the story. Go out from guidelines. For instance, if it's based on something that is not 100% certain proven, ignore it if it is follow-up based. Check the sources, the possibilities and presented evidence. The real hard part for the researchers here is that most cases end up fake or inconclusive and one can research years with no end and have not a single proven case.

Do not reach to high, do not go for the alien contact,s tay low. Stay at things that when you read them are plausible and seem solvable. Everyone wants to hit the jackpot and discover shure prove of alien life but most won't, are cons or mix up fantasy and fact.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join