It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada frosts the most widespread in recent memory

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I drove through a mix of rain snow and below freezing temps in Colorado yesterday.

They are going to try to convince the citizens of the world that man made climate change is the cause now, whether the weather is cold or hot.

It is all getting silly, it is actually comical.

It would be good for a laugh if it all wasn't so pathetic.

Some people want to believe that mankind is more powerful than nature itself. What is even more pathetic is that they expect everyone to believe in it to, and will lie and fraudulently fabricate evidence to support their personal beliefs.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

What's pathetic is people who don't think what they do has any impact on their world.

Do you realize how many civilizations were wiped out because of their ecologic effects on their world?

I'm not talking globally here, I'm simply talking locally... mankind has a full history of wiping themselves out ecologically...

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
(c&p from my post in another thread, too lazy to re-type it..)

OK folks, I have a theory.

We've had several hot summers over the past couple of years. This corresponds with a very deep solar minimum.

Now that the sun is starting to* wake up and becomes more active, we're experiencing increase solar wind with increased particle flux and densities.

This causes polar ionospheric convection in the Earth's atmosphere. The super cold polar air masses are pushed toward the equator and into the jetstream where they encounter all of the extra water that's been vaporized and voila! Storms and cold.

I fear we are to have a very cold winter a.. Buy your winter gear in the summer when it's cheap, folks!

Only one of the many effects that our Sun has on our little planet!

Notice that on Sunday afternoon, it was beautiful and clear skied? (I will use Ontario Canada and KC, MO as my reference points here), and then all of a sudden, clouds and winds whipped up? That was due to a little burp of solar wind!

*- I put an asterisk next to "starting to" because it doesn't seem like the Sun has really decided if she's going to wake up, or stay quiet..

(S&F!)

<< 1   >>

join