It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin: Russia might abandon nukes if others do

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Putin: Russia might abandon nukes if others do

hosted.ap.org

MOSCOW (AP) -- Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said Wednesday that Russia is willing to abandon nuclear weapons, if the United States and all other countries that have them do the same.

"If those who made the atomic bomb and used it are ready to abandon it - like, I hope, other nuclear powers officially and unofficially owning them - of course we will welcome and facilitate this process in all ways," Putin said, according to state-owned RIA Novosti news agency.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Is this a setup to remove the US from world power? Maybe it is a chance to further isolate the US in the world theater. Or it could just be a good faith move with honest intentions.

With every nation knowing the other nation holds secrets, how could there ever be a nuclear disarmarment? Seriously, do the people of the world honestly think that the world powers will give up the one thing that gives them such power?

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

Come on now, that is nothing more than propaganda.

Even if Russia did agree to get rid of their nukes, we all know they would hold on to several.

Russia is just trying to look like the good guy internationally.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
As much as i hate Nucleuar weapons, i think the world should hang on to a few, and draw up a worlwide treaty to not use them to attack fellow humans on earth.

But for them to be only used against a threat from Extra Terrestial beings.

Getting rid of nukes, could break down earth defences too far, and leave us prone to attack from higher technologys.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Who cares about nukes? This the New Millenium ..... we have lasers that reach into space.

Only problem is HOW to dismantle them and what to do with the nuclear waste?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I'm sure everyone will get rid of their nukes...lol.

Yeah right.

They'll never dismantle them....although they will say they did.

top topics

join