It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Law Student Files Suit Against Gov. Sanford for South Carolina Stimulus Money

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Third-year law student Justin Williams loves his home state of South Carolina. It was that love that prompted him to file suit against Governor Mark Sanford.

"I love the state of South Carolina. I love it dearly," said Williams, a former USC student body president. "In my travels, I've always run into people who don't have very positive things to say about our state, especially about our educational system."

Williams was one plaintiff in the case that ultimately led to the South Carolina Supreme Court ordering Sanford to accept the $700 million stimulus package.

Because a significant portion of the $700 million is intended for education and because Williams is a student, he was concerned with Sanford's choice.

Source

Well, I must admit, when I read the headline I thought he was suing on order to get the money for himself.

Interesting idea he has here and he's taking action on it. I like it.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Wow! So basically anyone can bring suit to their states supreme court saying they need stimulus money, and then the supreme court can dictate whether or not the state has to take stimulus money! Very interesting, and kind of scary.

-E-

[edit on 10-6-2009 by MysterE]

join