It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting in Washington DC (Updated)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Neil Cavuto is doing his "Common Sense" statement at the end of his show and said what many people in this thread have stated. Had this not happened in Washington D.C. and at a Holocaust Museum, it would not have been as big of a news story. He then said "perhaps if it would have happened in Witchit?"

Glen Beck is on now and he said that "this is just the beginning".

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Yetichi]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

As far as I'm concerned, you can have your beliefs and your opinions and you can go to Hell. Straight to Hell. And you can join Adolf Hitler, George Lincoln Rockwell, Timothy McVeigh, Jorg Haider, and all the rest of your heroes and reminisce on all the violence and hatred you've brought upon us.

And how does your last paragraph set you apart from the people you're ranting against? It's not exactly devoid of hate when you tell people to go to hell, you know.

But I'm sure you will come up with some way to rationalize your own hateful behavior, now won't you?

[edit on 10-6-2009 by sos37]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I don't know how to get video of it but Glenn Beck just compared 9/11 truthers to the holocaust museum shooter. I put a thread in the 9/11 section also if anyone knows how to get that video clip.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Yetichi

If you are watching Glen Beck right now you must be shocked at the way they are linking 9/11 truthers to all sorts of violent terrorists. What a propaganda filled media day.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippy2012
reply to post by Yetichi

If you are watching Glen Beck right now you must be shocked at the way they are linking 9/11 truthers to all sorts of violent terrorists. What a propaganda filled media day.

he linked the shooter to the truthers and then mentioned jeremiah wright making his anti-semitic comment today and linked that to obama. I think people like Beck are including all kinds of rhetoric that makes people not know what to believe they stand for.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by hippy2012

Actually, I'm sure a large number of ATS members are not shocked by this.

That's how it's done.

Peace

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Dr Love]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Prayers in the heart for the lost guard Stephen Tyrone Johns.

First I was not so sure such sick sociopaths ( I won't dignify this sub-human with his name) could live so long with such hatred. I sort of wonder if it was a news bomb to catalyze opinion for coming issues with anti-semetic rhetoric from issues like Iran's Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Seems to echo such corrupted world historic reality.

I think the official response to this horrible event has been 360 degrees wrong.

We should double effort to clean up the investigation or re-route people attending the play tonight and DEFY the intent of the gunman and his supporters. Make all events go on as planned.

CELEBRATE in defiance of hatred! Do the opposite of the expected. Become stronger and not wounded.

And, the decision to close the museum in honor of the young officer Stephen Tyrone Johns, sends the wrong message.

Open the museum for all tomorrow in honor of the man. Honor the man with an honor! Don't turn off the museum meant to educate. Extend the hours!

Defy ignorance, hatred and racism by standing up, turning the cheek, and let them know all good people will become stronger in their resolve to become aware and educated in our respect for all peoples and their rights.

In the land of freedom we should all become stronger for such events. Not to cower and whimper in the shadows. WE THE PEOPLE are the strength of the nation. STAND against such ignorance.

Stand in honor of our freedom!

ZG

[edit on 6/10/2009 by ZeroGhost]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

To hate a group of people simply because of their race is just wrong. If he were to make the distinction that the Jews that are raging against the Palestinians or the Jewish Elite Banksters then fine, but to vilify all Jews is racist as is his attitude toward blacks.

He absolutely has every right to his beliefs, I don't agree but he has every right to publish and to speak his beliefs. My concern is this act of violence will be seen as some wonderful sacrifice and may spur others to imitate his actions.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Glenn Beck just lumped many people as people that needed to be watched...especially the 911 Truthers, who he says are dangerous.

It's getting very dangerous and the lines are being drawn. I never thought the people who strive for truth would be a threat to everyone else. Perhaps it's the people who have something to hide are the ones being threatened?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I bet it was some Nazi moron that went there to try and get rid of the jews and thought he would be some hero in the skinhead nation. Then again it could of been some disgruntled employee that went crazy.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
How can you carry around a rifle in Washington without security noticing,i thought such things were impossible these days.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Well this shooting along with Tiller will be used to "justify" the MAC report on "right wing extremists" and will be used to cast a blanket to trample on rights en mass. Things will get ugly if the government tries to go down this path. People will feel like their backed into a corner and just like a rattlesnake....

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

Don't you get it? It's not the people who strive for truth who make the truth movement a threat for everyone else, it's the extremists in the truth movement who go over the edge. In this case it's the extremist who took a gun to the holocaust musem and shot some people that caused the threat.

It's the extremists in any organization or belief that cause the threat, not those who simply believe.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Glenn just says whatever he can to make himself appear in the know. I find his emotional out bursts as comical as Alex Jones' little rants. I love it when people say that CT people are racist....I laugh right in their faces. There are a great number of people of all races that are waking up to the truth. This is just another media attempt to place us in an unfavorable light.

I really don't worry though, truth always comes out. Just like the vast majority of people are well aware that Oswald was not responsible for Kennedy today, in a few years the official story will be the joke and the truthers will be honored.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by reugen
How can you carry around a rifle in Washington without security noticing,i thought such things were impossible these days.

they said that he double parked in front of the museum and just stormed in. i'm not sure how much storming an 80+ year old could do but there is really no way to prevent this type of thing from happening. anyone can pull up anywhere with a weapon and do this. you can only minimize the damage as these alert guards did.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Unless the body count goes WAY up (is it still at 2? and that is just shot and not dead?) I just don't see what the big deal is.

Edit -- Oh I see! This is a "white supremacist" so of COURSE it is all over the national news! Go figure. Often mass killings don't make the national news but THIS does. How typical.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Sonya610]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Whoever this man is,
he is not a Christian,a Jew or a Muslim. None of those religions
advocate taking a life,and that what this man was about.
Deranged? maybe,already a threat to society? maybe.
Thing is he had a gun and they are pretty hard things to argue with
as are all deadly weapons.
Sanctity of life is a common thread in religion,and I don't see why
it should be any different for those without a religion and whatever
their race.
The whole world now is bristling with arms in street gangs and paramilitaries,
and private armies never mind the military itself,
and it's about time to put a stop to all this madness,
and get deadly weapons where they should be,
off the streets out of the woods,and out of reach of the madmen.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
the only people who this affects are this crazy man with the gun and the people who were endangered by him, and those who may be endangered by people like him in the future.

IMHO, it affects all of us. It spotlights hot-button issues already being debated like gun control, internet censorship, "homeland" security, anti-Semitism, Israeli relations, the ever-widening definition of a terrorist. Lots of things.

A crazy, hate-filled idiot like this can only serve to push an agenda to further curb our civil liberties. Whether it's conspiracy related or not, the effect will bethe same.

But I'm sure our fellow CT'ers will run wild with this - as they should. Exactly how did this man get inside a Federal building, especially one so vulnerable to legions of extremist, like the Holocaust deniers, anti-Semites and religious fanatics?

I feel so sorry for all of the people in the building, trying to reflect on the souls lost to man's inhumanity to fellow men and then something like this happens.

[edit on 10/6/2009 by kosmicjack]

best post of the thread everything was well said.......and a awful disgusting act..........distrubed extreme individual.....let's hope that nobody takes advantage of it to push legislaton so this pathetic act effects everyone....that would be equally disgusting to take advanage of a traumatc event to further existing attempts to take more freedoms away ( and yes that needs to be mentioned because they will take what we let them....and traumatic events bring our guard down)

[edit on 10-6-2009 by cpdaman]

link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
Unless the body count goes WAY up (is it still at 2? and that is just shot and not dead?) I just don't see what the big deal is.

Well it is a big deal just like it was a big deal for a day or two when the guy walked into a Missouri church a month ago and started shooting killing the pastor and himself. My spiel is murder is murder and this will be used to throw a terrorism blanket on people who aren't satisfied with the status quo. If this gets drawn out in the media over a period of time we know what the out come will be. Murder is murder and all murders have a motive whether its hate, vengeance, lust, and on and on. We can ALL be terrorists if this is the case.

link   
CNN is really talking this up as a true act of "domestic terrorism."

At what point this this presidential adminstration and DHS make a more stern effort to ban guns outright, citing all random acts of violence with a firearm as acts of terrorism?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join