It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting in Washington DC (Updated)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Shooting in Washington DC

There has been a shooting at the Holocaust Museum and roads are currently blocked off as police investigate the scene.

Shots have been fired at the Holocaust Museum in Washington D.C., which is only a few blocks from the White House, according to the WTOP.
(visit the link for the full news article)

UPDATED LIST OF TODAYS EVENTS

• At 12.50pm Officers responded to the sound of gun shots heard around the Holocaust Museum
  • 2 men where found with gun shots at the entrance of the Museum when they arrived at the scene,
  • A press briefing took place with a Spokesman for the Metropolitan police department informing us that the gun man had walked in to the museum armed with a rifle; He then opened fire at a security guard,
  • Two other security guears returned fire in response,
  • Both the Gun man and 1 security guard where taken to hospital in Critical condition.
  • Later we where informed that the Security guard had died in hospital,
  • An official said that the shooter was an older man named James Von Brunn who reportedly has links to white supremacist websites,
  • The Museum was evacuated and is thought to be reopening on Friday,
  • A spokeswomen for the museum said "Our thoughts and prayers go out to the officer and his family,"
  • Israel condemned the shooting and stated that they where "shocked and saddened"
  • President Obama and DC mayor Ferty who briefed the president both also stated they where "saddened" by the events that took place,
  • Jerusalem Mayor Barkat said he was "disheartened" by the attack.

UPDATE: 11th June

U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum shooter charged with first degree murder, officials release shocking statements:

James Wenneker Von Brunn, the Neo-Nazi gunman who opened fire at the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington D.C. on Wednesday, has been charged with first degree murder, prosecutors said on Thursday.

Metropolitan Police Department took fingerprints of the suspect and confirmed they matched with known prints of James W. Von Brunn.

Related and updated news:

US Holocaust Museum Shooting: Guard Killed

'White supremacist', 89, opens fire in crowded U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum
www.postchronicle.com...

murder charge

[edit on 10-6-2009 by asala]

[edit on 11-6-2009 by asala]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
At 12.50pm a gun man walked in to the Holocaust museum at Washington and opened fire, Its thought that he walked just inside the doors first shooting at a security guard.

Police and emergancy services are at the scene now
The area has been brought to a standstill With police blocking of roads

2 people are believed to have been shot,

1 subject thought to have been killed with a shot to the head. this could be the gun man,

Other info says that 3 may have been shot,

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Bummer...these stories are always sad an disheartening to see...:shk:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Here is a live stream of it:

interactive.foxnews.com...

(sorry, didnt realize there were commericals in the beginning)

[edit on 6/10/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
CBS Link

(CBS) Gun shots were fired at the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington, D.C. Wednesday, FBI officials confirmed to CBS News.

D.C. police were at the scene responding to reports of gunfire, local authorities told CBS News.

Still very early as far as definitive information...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
How could this happen.

I thought that concealed handguns were banned in DC

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I don't know man..
what is thisss?????

What is this guy trying to prove?
that he knows how to be a complete idiot?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Latest:

Security Guard is one who was injured and the Gun man is in Custody

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Picture looking down at the scene

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/12deefa6305d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Another source:

www.breitbart.com...

WASHINGTON (AP) - Authorities say at least two people have been shot at the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington.
D.C. police spokeswoman Traci Hughes says a person walked into the museum with a rifle and shot a guard. Hughes says the shooter was also shot.

Hughes says the victims' conditions were not known. Both were being taken to a hospital.

U.S. Park Police gave slightly different information, saying three people had been shot.

[edit on 6/10/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

the media has their new story to play with for oh...a week?

let's see how long they can drag this one out while sidestepping real issues

[edit on 10-6-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
*SNIP*

There is absolutely nothing that says this is religiously motivated. For all we know the shooter had beef with the security guard.

How about waiting for more facts to come out before we start bringing religion into this

[edit on 10/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
*SNIP*

How is there any information presented that suggests that there is anything to do with the Jewish population?

I am truly puzzled by that comment...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
For all we know the shooter had beef with the security guard.

Then you'd think he'd have done something when he got off of work? But I guess you can never really tell what's going through the heads of people like this.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
*SNIP*

Ahhhh. Saw this coming.

I can almost hear the jack boots.

So far, no one has died....atleast according to CNN. www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Media reports in the area say that the 3rd person was injured by glass,

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
For all we know the shooter had beef with the security guard.

Then you'd think he'd have done something when he got off of work? But I guess you can never really tell what's going through the heads of people like this.

for all we know he had a death wish as well.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This is so awful. My grandma is in the records there... I've been there numerous times. Their security is generally very good.

I think people are just getting angry. So what a perfect place to open fire out of rage, right?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Some snippets of news

According to a spokesman for the Metropolitan Police Department, during a press briefing, a gunman walked into the building and opened fire at a security guard with "a long gun". One or two other security guards then returned fire at the gunman. It is unclear if the gunman was carrying a riffle or a shotgun.

Both the gunman as the security guard are believed to be in serious condition and, according to media reports, a third person was also injured from flying glass. Officials were not immediately able to confirm the reports of a third injury. The gunman and security guard have both been transferred to George Washington University Hospital.

The museum has been evacuated and it is unclear when it may re-open. Meanwhile, the Consulate General of Israel in New York City called the reported shooting "disturbing" and said it seemed "someone didn't internalize the message."

BNO news

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join