It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FACTBOX-Emerging BRIC powers and the new world order

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

June 10 (Reuters) - Brazil, Russia, India and China -- the so-called BRIC group of emerging powers -- have gained clout over the past decade as their economies grew faster than those of developed countries.

BRIC leaders will hold their first summit meeting in the Russian city of Yekaterinburg on June 16 to discuss the global financial crisis and reforms to the world's financial and trade institutions

The term BRICs was coined by U.S. investment bank Goldman Sachs to describe the four key emerging economic powers, which the bank predicted would account for an increasingly greater share of the global economy.

The BRICs want to reduce the world's reliance on a weak U.S. dollar as a global
reserve currency; among the options are a basket of currencies or a system of drawing rates. Brazil is pursuing trade in local currency with China, but analysts caution that Beijing is wary of rocking the boat because of its $1.95 trillion in reserves, of which two-thirds are in U.S. dollars.

www.reuters.com...

Come on! The BRIC’s want to control the NWO. These emerging Countries can decide the US and other Countries are worthless and proceed without us.

Everywhere we turn we see “The New World Order” What’s the deal, if we cant beat them, join them I don’t think so. I don’t mean to bombard ATS with NWO but they are putting it on the table daily! Almost throwing it in our face. Can you see how the G20 has shifted the Global Power?

China, a global manufacturing center

Brazil is already an agricultural and mining powerhouse

Russia is the world's second-largest oil exporter

India is the only other large economy besides China that is on track to post robust growth this year, in part due to its vast domestic market

The formula must be B=Brazil, R=Russia, I=India, C=China forming BRIC, where the heck does that leave the rest of us?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
China is a major human rights violator, India is socially backwards, Russia is cold, and Brazil has major human rights problems.

All other countries are no better.

Difficult times we live in

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

I couldnt agree with you more. It's a nightmare! Think of what the next gereration must face. Very sad.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld
It's ridiculous to think of what the future generation, including those who are at least 40 years old now, will go up against in the coming decades.

It's going to get messy when these countries want a big slice of our pie.

One day we might indeed wake up slaves in our own homelands.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
To paraphrase the late CIA director Richard "reptile" Helms, power manifests as an "organic phenomenon" rather than in the form of tightly organized tactical moves. Power grows, changes...the things develop "appetites," as Helms put it. Almost like a living Beast.

The BRIC leaders certainly will take on increasing clout. They will also have to deal with various internal problems. The record for dealing with internal problems over the broad sweep of history is miserable, to be frank, but who knows, "things might be different" this time. Every leader must balance external and internal needs. This probably shapes actions more than what any given leader actually wants or believes. Watch the tectonic forces that swirl around the office of a leader, rather than what the leader says or does himself. That's the key.

I certainly agree, at any rate, that they will play an increasing role in the world and they are NOT down with the old Anglo-American NWO Bund.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I am concerned that there is only room for one Global Dictator, if this is the case the EU will have great clout, as well.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Yes I think they already have half 9/10 of our pie. We cant pay so to a dgree we could wake up, as slaves in our own homeland. Fighting on our soil will then be appropriate!

The thought of the massive amount of Chinese trrops is a bit intimidating.
Our government wont fight them, we've been sold out.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I love to see american portrait the BRIC group as the new evil in the block. Someone must tell them change is the only constant. The fear against the imaginary NWO is the fear of change of status quo. Or anyone has the illusion that USA will be the most powerful nation forever?

[edit on 10/6/09 by blackcube]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by blackcube

No we screwed up. We're toast but didnt twist any arms to buy our debt.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

The formula must be B=Brazil, R=Russia, I=India, C=China forming BRIC, where the heck does that leave the rest of us?

What would have saved US and the West in general would have been an advanced space program. This option growth would be ideal because it would not have to depend on military expansionism and would not interfere with other Nations major economies at least in the way any other options would. Plus you/we would be able to control prices of the most valued materials on the Planet because if you introduce enough of this material with resources outside of the Global planetary resource pool, simply you control the prices, or even you can introduce new valuable materials to the Global markets, simply because you had the technology and knowhow to harvest them and went there first to claim those rights for that, giving you an unprecedented control over the Global economy. Not just control of valuables prices but also creation of new valuables markets.
Nobody has ever thought that, nobody tried this and now it's too late because the scales are shifting and there is not enough money for projects.

It leaves You/Us US/EU with only one option and that is a "disclosure" carefully fabricated and strategically thought out to begin a chain of events that would slowly attempt to restore back the power and allow new strategies to be developed for restoring control over Global resources.
Plans and resources stored for a future Global superiority now must be called in to action.

A leap forward would be the only option.

The idea is crazy enough that it might actually work.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
What makes everyone think that those four countries can unite as a superpower alliance?

Let's assume that the US continues to slip economically and with overall political power, so what? We aren't the leader of the world anymore, well we did okay when we were an isolationist country after WWI and the Great Depression. We will start to grow our own crops again, local communities will become dependent on each other again.

No, we won't all have super iphones and the 52" super HD TV's but in many ways things will be better.

So power goes to BRIC's head, but maybe Russia and Brazil don't see eye to eye on a few issues, or maybe India decides to take on Pakistan which creates a refuge crisis of Pakistanis flooding into China.

My point is, sure they get along now, because they have to, to have the resources to match the EU and US.

Power is fleeting. I say let them run the world, it's not as fun as it looks.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I didn't see any Russian Brazilian Chinese or Indian innovations lately, did anyone else?
Why should we want to live in a world that our technological levels would start going backwards?
There was a reason why West was always in the frontlines of the human civilization with inventions, social rights movements and general innovation. Letting that go would only cater to a slow future, while current times demand an increased pace.
Maybe TPTB would be happy if there is a way that we would actually be forced to innovate less and took raw models from the more authoritarian establishments of this planet. Less pay, more work, fewer questions, its all good for the Boss, less effort to please, less dangers of the balance being shifted over to the masses and of course more profits.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Here is a video that explains more about BRIC.

Lots of graphs and charts.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

The four of the together don't even add up to 2/3 of the GDP of the US.. not to mention the EU.. we have nothing to worry about with the BRIC nations..

World GDP in millions of USD.
European Union 18,394,115
United States 14,264,600
People's Republic of China 4,401,614
Russia 1,676,586
Brazil 1,572,839
India 1,209,686

We should be looking at this as an extremely good thing.. as these economies develop and begin to create free market opportunities for our advanced business and exports to creep in, the world economy will become bigger and bigger while we all become wealthier and more advanced instead of relying on the US/EU as we do now, the US as we did after WW2 and the British empire as we did before WW1.

This financial crises will give these countries an opportunity to expand while we sort out our debts.. then the fun begins. In 5-10 years time, there will be a global economic boom unlike anything ever seen before.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
You also need to calculate our down trend which is currently unknown and their up trends, also put in the equation that all this time they had to tag EU and US along in every decision they made to keep competitive. What if when comes a time that they can just put demands and shift global markets lifestyles etc around for their convenience? Well, not actually the countries themselves but the corrupted elites that can stay away from the arm of the law and the hand of Justice, at least much much longer than they could in the economies of the West.
Lets also not forget innovation that is a primary driver of the tech market and also the internet economy.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by spacebot

I think it boils down to the US dollar being worth very little. China and Russia have always wanted Global dominence and have the Super Country title.

If the truth was known I'm sure that both China and Russia would like to see the US dissapear. They liked us when we were the goose laying the golden egg but when things changed look what happens.

new topics

top topics

join