It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daniel Fast: My 3-week Vegetarian Experiment - will this affect my body's "vibrational frequency"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Thank you, I'm just doing what others have done for me. That experience of expanded self-awareness becomes increasingly important to share with other people. It's a group effort, and no answers are self derived but higher SELF derived, at least to me anyway... the information just flows if you let it, and its a culmination of different view points from different sources.. bits and pieces that I like to think are like keys to an infinite amount of doors, where little by little truth trickles out of these doors.

We all have each other to thank for our personal evolution, and our personal evolution also effects everyone, and we all thank each other for making our experience here better and more meaningful.

Collaboration is a beautiful thing.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by contemplator

that's an interesting way of putting it, which, actually, seems quote true...

reply to post by ledhead

i know exactly what you mean!! i swear they orchestrate it like that for a reason, knowing how little time Americans have these days! also, keep in mind that everything "vibrates" at an atomic level, but it's more accurate to say that everything is really spinning with it's own resonant, harmonic frequency...

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

that's not the first time i've been recommended the book, The Prophet, so i think i'm gonna add it to my amazon.com wish list!

i've heard good and bad reviews from the book, but everything i've read from it, i liked! thanks for filling me in with a passage!

also, i've hardly heard of goji berries before, and now i'm determined to find them! if i can get some raw ones, i'll let you know how they are!

.................................................................................................................................

anyhow, tonight marks the end of the first week of this "fast", and i feel pretty good!

i've got a little more energy than usual, and last night i had a vivid dream where i was interacting with this little furry creature that i've never seen before! lol

sure, could have just been a weird dream, but i seem to be able to focus a little better, and i realized i was dreaming last night in my dream, which i've only done a few times before...

ANYONE - feel free to perform this same experiment with me, and let me know how it goes for you!

...so far, i'm having no trouble at all fighting the temptation of going back to my normal eating habits - i like to eat healthy, and like i said, i do feel "lighter" now like many have proclaimed

i really wish someone would try what i'm doing, too!! ...i'm very curious to see how it goes for them!

EDIT:
by the way, i've been forgetting to add the recommended Bible passages to read for each day - is anyone interested in me listing those?

[edit on 14-6-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

I would love to sign up..with this endeavor, but I'm little, I guess the word is fearful? I don't want to lose anymore weight. Plus a friend of mine, a man, said he went on a vegetarian diet, and after two weeks he was so weak he could barely function. So, I guess I'm reluctant. Have you noticed any weakness?

Can you eat ice cream? I like ice cream. I do have days that I don't eat meat. Actually, I probably only eat it maybe three times a week. I will think on this some more.

Re: Goji berries. I googled these and numerous sites to order them from China are given. I'm not sure about fresh ones. They are described as dried,like raisins. I checked a health food store the other day, and they didn't have any, but said he would order some.

I like your ideas.

OH, here's a recipe for you:

*Tomato Pie.*
Get one of those pre-made crusts and layer it with sliced tomato's, and whatever veggies you want. (mushrooms, onions, capers. etc.) I like it a little on the spicey side, so I'll layer in some jalapeno's, Italian breadcrumbs, whatever is in the fridge. You can layer- in either mayo or yogurt to keep it juicy, and top it off with cheese. Bake.
Something different and easy. No mess.

It's nice to meet you. I see you everywhere on ATS and enjoy your posts. (Hm. This is turning into chat; I have to watch myself for that.)

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

thank you for the kind words!

as for ice cream, i'm pretty sure i can't eat it during the fast. if i was a vegetarian, though, i'd probably include it into my diet!

also, i still have to check around my area for goji berries - i was going to do it today, but i was sick all day from some 24-hour bug i got from my wife...

i feel much better now though, but i hardly ate anything at all...

...thanks for the recipe, by the way - i'll have to try it!

i'll see you guys tomorrow!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
well here i am on Day 10!

i haven't even eaten yet today, and it's about 12:30pm, but i'm about to chow down on some vegetable soup, and after a while, some cherries and blueberries.

any changes yet? you bet!

i feel better on average, i feel even "lighter" than i already did, and dreams seem to come more frequently to me, like if i take a nap, i'll have a dream, even if i only sleep for half an hour!

one thing i haven't been doing as often as i should lately, is meditating... i'm going to do that later this afternoon when i'm done with the To-Do list for the day!

also, i'd like everyone to check out this thread if they haven't seen it already, by my good ATS friend, "mopusvindictus":
Detoxification, Amazing Results

...he's got the right idea!!

[edit on 17-6-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
well i'm coming up on the end of Day 11, and i just wanted to say that i hardly ate much of anything today, and i haven't been hungry at all...

i usually get hungry every 5 or 6 hours, and today i had no desire to eat except for when my wife ate - all i ate was a banana, some granola cereal, some veggies, and wheat noodles, and i feel fine!

i also noticed i haven't had trouble with a lack of energy or anything, and that i feel nothing but great! i seem to be able to focus even better, and i feel as if my mind is a little sharper than usual.

has my "vibrational frequency" increased? ...i don't know

so far it seems that the only effects of this diet are physical, except for me being able to think a little clearer - i still need to meditate more frequently, and for longer periods of time, but its somewhat difficult to find the time right now...

maybe next time instead of jumping right on ATS i should meditate a half-hour or an hour beforehand and then share my experience!

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
well, it's my last day on this fast, and i actually don't even know if i wanna go vegetarian or not...

i really wanna sink my teeth into a big cheeseburger right now - i don't know if i'm mentally ready for this yet...

i also don't know if my frequency has increased either - how can one measure such a thing?? i do know, however, that i've had some really lucid dreams the last couple of weeks though...

last night, for example, i was taken up in something like a helicopter, and given the grand tour of some beautiful landscape, complete with mountains, rivers, and valleys, and it was at dusk, so there was a beautiful sunset!

and, about a week ago, i had a dream where i had recognized that i was dreaming, and i was therefore able to control my dream and my actions within! ...i can't describe how awesome that ability is!!!
i wanted to fly around, so i did, and if i wanted to walk through the wall in the room i was in in my dream, well, i did that too! i woke up thinking, "WOW!, that was frickin' cool!!"

what i might try to do, is continue eating very healthy like i have been, and see where it goes - if i wanna eat meat, then i'll eat it sparingly, maybe on the weekends or something...

is there anyone here that already practices that?? ...like, being vegetarian for 5 or 6 days a week, and eating meat on only one day?? also, is there anyone here who claims to be vegetarian, but still eats fish?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Did you feel a deeper love for nature?

To add personal thoughts on what and how I have managed to make fasting a 'practice'... is a seasonal thing for me more then anything else. Spring brings forth so much life and its a time to respect the womb that bore us and all things....this awareness reaches our inner divinity and the Divine One may reflect the awareness back to us. Summer time I eat more light foods and alot more fluids...winter time my diet seems to become heavier mainly because it is hard to find a variety of fresh foods. Winter is a time of hunting...summer is a time of allowing the hunted to grow and become. When a hunter hunts meat by the laws given, there are only certain times one can shoot certain animals and even certain genders of animals....this helps keep the maintenance of 'life' blooming. So far for me its been the time between the Spring Equinox and Summer Solstice for my respect to the life coming forth in this time. I always intend to try to go till the autumn equinox...but Im afraid my discipline wears out by then. I dont go eating what ever meat I can...but I do slowly introduce it back into my diet...and like you mentioned, it is alot of fish and white meats over the red (trying though to exclude pork all together but my weakness for bacon and ham over come me at times).

I think fasting is a spiritual practice....and is meant to be a temporary in ones life. If it works out in a weekly balance or a yearly balance....it should be for each and their own truly.

Ive had very lucid dreams during the winter in my days of meat eating also....so I cant say that the fasting is what brought on my dreams. It could be the state of awareness one is in and their world around them that brings the 'vibration' change.

So bottom line...I think the key is awareness. One can tap into this awareness through practices like fasting, meditating, even trying to save on energy and using less wasteful products. If one is aware they are trying to be better to their body, to other people and to the Earth...they can change their inner vibration.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I dont know why some of you find it hard, I really dont.

I woke up one day and decided I didnt want to eat meat anymore. That was two years ago and I havent looked back once. I have had seafood a couple times though, mostly while on holiday to some islands.

Anyway, going veg was pretty easy for me, I dont know why people find it so hard. Perhaps your body's have become addicted to the chemicals?

If youre having a hard time changing your cooking practices or eating habits, go down to your local Chinese supermarket and buy come veggie meat. Get the big logs of it and cut them up like pieces of meat and just replace the meat in your recipe with that. Or tofu, but if you dont like tofu, seriously, the veggie meat tastes almost like the real thing, often better. Im having the fake duck tonight for dinner. I gave some to my cousin once and he thought it was real duck, the taste, texture, etc.

Best choice I ever made, I feel so healthy

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I think the reason I find it hard after some time is because I dont have the mind set to become a vegetarian...I do it as a spiritual practice. Its more of a discipline in a way...working with my will I guess.

I know I wont ever go totally veggie...but that is just me. I wasnt trying to do it as a lifestyle change...but as a temporary cleansing physically and spiritually.

But that is just me...
LV

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join