It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daniel Fast: My 3-week Vegetarian Experiment - will this affect my body's "vibrational frequency"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

This reminds me of my grandma telling me to watch what grasses and weeds my dog eats because those are the ones that I could eat also. In short...I would take note defiantly what tomato the fruit flies seemed interested in!

I noticed the same things as what you said, tomatoes that dont have the deep red color. It is really scary these days buying food, you never know what is added or pumped into the food or seed. As well, these days, you may buy seeds for a garden and end up with some genetically enhanced seed.

During the winter, I buy the cherry tomatoes and make the best of them that I can. They might be hot boxed, IDK really, but they seem to be better then the bigger tomatoes the store offers in the winter time (such as juicier, tastier and better color). I bought some of those 'pinkish' color tomatoes one time and thought, 'well, if its a good tomato, it will darken with sitting in the sun'....right? Well I was wrong and learned to not buy those anymore....it darkened just a tad but basically kept the pick tint to it....it never softened up and got mushy like a real tomatoes should after sitting in the sun too long.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Just one more note on the 'spiritualism of fasting'.

My spirit is feeling very inclined that I note this-

Fasting is a personal practice between the being and God. Thee knows if your intention is for gratification from others (I know the OP's is not, but for my spirits content I am still posting this) or for a humble awareness.

Fasting for spiritual reasons is a message from you to your higher self (God, the Universe, The Holy Spirit). It is very personal because this shows the higher self what your honest intention is with life and the thanksgiving of life itself. It is a humbling practice that you know , your God knows, you are doing this because you respect life itself within all things.

Like the poster mentioned earlier....even plants have life. But!!! Plants dont have senses like we do....creatures smell, see, hear, ect....the creature can HEAR the shotgun....it can 'KNOW" the gun can kill....it can run for its life in fear of the shotgun. Plants and animals are not the same vibration....animals carry a higher vibration of life. We should always be thankful for anything we consume but dont get too over whelmed about eating life because our bodies are made to consume life, oddly enough. Does this mean life that holds blood...I dont think it does. Does it hurt us, I am not sure. But there is something deeply spiritual about being aware of the precious life force within all things. There is something magical about offering Mother Earth to keep her creatures alive.

A true spiritual practice will be very personal between the being and their higher self, maker, God, whatever you prefer to call Thee. Only Thee knows....your true intentions for what you do. The more personal the practice is, the deeper the wisdom will be.

From my spirit to many

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

furthermore, regarding the book, The Secret Life of Plants, i found a thread about it!

Secret Life of Plants

also, i found a documentary based on the book, from 1979! ...soundtrack by Stevie Wonder, by the way

Google Video Link

this is a *MUST SEE* if you have an hour-and-a-half to watch it!!!

...you won't regret this!!

[edit on 10-6-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Yeah thats the book. Just replying to confirm that.

I only read the first 2 chapters but that's all I needed. The rest is just a list of different experiments and I can't say I care. I'm more interested in the fact that any experiment yields a response.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

i've got the book, but i've yet to read it because i'm still reading another book now - Your Nostradamus Factor:Accessing Your Innate Ability to See Into the Future, by Ingo Swann...

anyhow, it's the end of day 3, and all i ate today was a peach, an apple, some grapes, wheat crackers, home-made mashed potatoes, and 2 salads

well, that's 3 days down, 18 to go!

i kinda feel guilty, though, because i'm fasting, but i'm also not even hungry because i ate enough...

shouldn't i be really hungry, or shouldn't i only eat small amounts all day, so as to constantly be hungry?

i mean, isn't that the point of a fast?? ...maybe a "Daniel Fast" is just a little different...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by fishneedh2o

That's amazing, I just tried a store bought kind (1st time trying it) and hated it. Maybe I will try your suggestion. Thanks!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Hey. I feel the same way you do on most of your points. I do give thanks to my food (and the devas and elementals) for their sacrifice for our nourishment. I believe the difference though between "taking the lives of the plants and animals, well one difference of many, is that most of the flesh consumed is factory-farmed. And we all know the misery and torture there. And I really do think the negative vibrations are held in the flesh

I want badly to go veg*n but it's so difficult for me. I have however stopped eating cow and pig. I like to call them what they are.

Anyway, a couple of great vegie recipe sites are vegsource.com vegweb.com fatfree.com and of course there's a zillion Googleable recipes. 

Peace, Love and Light

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lel1111

well, i very well just might turn this 3-week "fast" into the transition period of becoming vegetarian!!

...finally!

i've been meaning to for so long, but i haven't really thought of how to start, unless i just quit meat cold-turkey...

i don't think my body would enjoy that very well, though. i do plan on eating fish once in a while, like i already mentioned

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I am doing cigarettes cold turkey rite now. Can not be harder than that,lol

I eat meat but not a lot. Only on the weekend. It is so expensive and I feel crappy when I eat a lot of it, but when I cut it out all together I also feel bad.
I think moderation.

Ama

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

you gotta point about that!

and, i've actually considered only eating meat on weekends before, to get into a routine, but never really started it...

i really think i'm gonna try going vegetarian after this!!

...then again, this is only the very beginning of the 4th day!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Good on you for trying this and I hope you stick with it.

I'm transferring to a vegetarian only diet. At the moment, I have phased out beef, pork, lamb, and the only meat I consume is chicken and fish. I hope to stop with these two some time soon. Something you will notice is a couple of weeks off that meat, you will loose the desire to eat it and it won't look appealing to you. When I look at a meat loaf I think, gross, that doesn't look nice at all.

As well as feeling better by excluding meat, do you feel better that an animal has not been killed just to feed you? That's how I feel about it.

Good luck

Oh by the way - if you love lasagna, don't worry! You can buy vegetarian lasagna which looks exactly the same, but tastes so much better! It's also so much more healthy!

[edit on 11/6/09 by dmorgan]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Alrighty bud. NOT TO pee in your cheerios too badly here, but honestly, do you have a giggle filter at all when reading this tripe? mine went off as soon as i saw daniel fast.

Ok, first off, if you're going to be going all veggie and such, yeah, you'll get a bit of a rush since you're carb loading. When people go on these so called fasts, one of the first things you see is they start reaching for the sugary fruits in mass quantities, but hey, its fine to get jacked up on sugar highs all day as long as its 'all natural' right?

Ok secondly, now that you're eating veggies and grains and all that, you're not consuming as much fiber as if you ate a wicker swing set daily, prepare to poop! hey colon cleanses can be good for you, ill give you that. Its good to try to clear out some of the leftover crap in our system, no pun intended. Remember the days as a kid and many times you'd complain to mom that you didnt feel good an d(as many moms do) they say you just need to have a good poop, and oddly, you did feel good after one? Welcome to the basic unbalanced american diet where chronic constipation reigns.

Didi it ever occur to yu that we're as humans, omnivores for a reason? Basic nutritional health there. Not all protein is equal just like not all carbs (simple vs complex) are really equal. Yep, we need meat to run well, not just exist.

I'm sure that many will post all kinds of anecdotal evidence that they lost so much weight going veg, then again, look at the numbers.. you subsist on a bunch of calorie poor foods, then you radically lower your caloric intake, welcome to starvation diets, but with all the water you're consuming from the liquid content of the veggies, your hunger mechanism gets short circuited.

Now, I'll give some credit where credit is due. I'll preface it tho with some basic assumptions. I'm assuming you're a male, over 25, with a mostly sedentary job. By sedentary, I mean that unless you have something working you into a moderate sweat for a good 4-6 hours a day that doesn't involve stress at office meetings or working in a place that doesn't require long bouts of physical labor then your nutrient needs aren't high at all. That hour every other day in the gym doesn't count either. We don't eat enough veggies in our diet in general. They're the bulk fillers that give some nutrient value, but are mostly valuable for their fiber content.

Like anything, you can believe what you want, or you can just be real and take things for what they are, but realize what they are and how it ends at that. Also, do notice how full of crap the vegetarian propaganda is, and worse, the rhetoric they use. Look into your own quotes and see how they even contradict themselves. We ingest pain and suffering when we eat meat, but then later, we see how experiemnts show that veggies are 'aliev' and possibly eve aware or sentient or perceiving.. oh wait, we yank them out of the ground an dstarve them to death before we mutilate them as eat them as well. but hey, veggies don't moo or bark or any of that, so what we don't see won't trigger the guilt that others would lay upon us.

Deny Ignorance

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder

Didi it ever occur to yu that we're as humans, omnivores for a reason? Basic nutritional health there. Not all protein is equal just like not all carbs (simple vs complex) are really equal. Yep, we need meat to run well, not just exist.

We are? Then why can't we eat raw meat without becoming ill? We also don't have the teeth to rip raw flesh from an animal.

"We need meat to run well" - That comment is wrong, in my opinion. The vegetarians I know are the healthiest people I've met. We don't need meat, we just don't. The nutrients found in meat can't be substituted by various other plant based foods.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CoffinFeeder

you may be right in all of that, but that's why i'm running this whole "experiment" in the first place - to see how i feel..

also, i'm barely paying attention to the fact that this is a "Daniel Fast", as i still barely know what that is...

and yes, i do plan on becoming more "regular", so to speak, after cutting meat from my diet, and eating not much more than "roughage"!

i don't exactly know for sure though, if we're truly omnivores - i mean, that's what we were taught in school, but how can you prove it?

it seems like many people are doing fine as vegetarians - it's not like i'm going vegan here...

i'm doing it to see what it's like, and to see how it affects my body and mind

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CoffinFeeder

by the way, have you watched this video yet??

www.abovetopsecret.com...

PLEASE tell me what you think of it!!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

well that's what i've sort of been doing lately anyway - just eating chicken, turkey, and fish, so i'm hoping i won't miss the red meats too much anyhow!

well, time for dinner - more mashed potatoes, a big salad, and lots of broccoli!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I just want to say to those who assume veggie diets are for the weaklings

I have a 3 yr old that chooses to not eat meat. Why, I have no idea. But he is in the 99% for his height and age....he is a tall 3 yr old and he is thick also. He drinks alot of milk and I believe this is what has helped all my children have good thick bones!

My 3 yr old wears 5-6 toddler cloths. He is not fat and would be happy to post a pic of my vegetarian Zeus! He is anything but skinny minnie and he has loads of energy. The only meats he has ever even tried was a chicken nugget and a hot dog....he is just very picky, prefers finger foods like breads and fruits and he loves his dairy. He has refused any meat for the past yr and has never consumed enough meat for it to effect him in a large way. Has mabey filled up on meat 5 -7 times in his 3 yrs of life. I in no way have influenced his refusing meat. I have 3 children and cook meat regularly for the family even though at times I do not partake in the meat. I dont force my own practices apone anyone, even my children.

People are in awe all the time of the size of my 3 yr old. Football coaches already asking about him (we live in Alabama so go figure). I myself am often amazed at his size considering how little he eats.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

well i've heard before that all milk is, is "liquid meat" - check out what i just came across...

"Dr. John A. McDougall calls dairy foods “liquid meat” because they are as bad for you as the solid stuff. Loaded with fat and cholesterol, dairy products contribute to heart disease, cancer, stroke, diabetes, allergies, asthma, and even osteoporosis, the bone-weakening disease that the dairy industry pretends it prevents."

“There’s no reason to drink cow’s milk at any time in your life. It was designed for calves, not humans, and we should all stop drinking it today.” - Dr. Frank A. Oski, former director of pediatrics, Johns Hopkins University.

“Dairy foods are the most harmful of the traditional four food groups.”- Dr. John McDougall

“I sometimes challenge milk-drinkers by asking them if they would drink a glass of milk containing 1,000 pus cells. The average 12-ounce glass of milk in America contains 112,899,408 pus cells.” - Robert Cohen (The NotMilkMan)

“Billions of people on Earth who do not consume dairy products live healthy lives with a perfectly healthy calcium balance.” - Dr. Charles Attwood

soulveggie.blogs.com...

hmmmmmmm...

[edit on 12-6-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Other than including religious brain washing, Fasts are a great thing.

There are a variety of fasts that can be done, not many of them are actually starvation. Most are liquid diets, some call all veggies a fast.

Regardless, they are great for your body, and gives your organs a chance to relax and cleanse, instead of constantly battling.

Additionally, it's important to do some for of bowel cleanse, they say death begins in the bowels and its true. Some people store upto 10 pounds of trash in their ass and it's terribly bad for your head. Any sort of bowel cleanse will yield black tar like flakes and solid entrails days after the consumption of solid foods has ended. Most people report many benefits, including but not limited to, more energy, less aches and pains, reduced head aches, lower dependencies on prescription medication etc.

King gives fasting a

King gives bible thumping while on a fast

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by king9072

i totally agree!

when it comes to the Bible, though, i don't just read it blindly... i guess the best way to describe it is, is that i don't claim to be religious - i'm just spiritual.

i do believe, however, that if everyone sought to act more like Jesus, then the world would be a much better place!

if you're interested, check out my thread on this very subject:
www.belowtopsecret.com...

see you all tomorrow! ...well, later today!

...i'll inform you of my dreams, because i'm sure to have some, as i get to sleep-in today!

[edit on 12-6-2009 by adrenochrome]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join