It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daniel Fast: My 3-week Vegetarian Experiment - will this affect my body's "vibrational frequency"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
the church my wife attends is doing a Daniel Fast for the next 3 weeks, and i became very interested in this idea for more reasons than one...

not only is this healthy for you, but i've heard, from more than a few people, that going vegetarian or vegan helps to raise your "vibrational frequency"...

i know, it sounds far-fetched, but here're some examples of what i'm talking about:

I was never a full vegetarian, but I will explain to people that best I can why eating meat may cause problems in the energy field.

We are all energy correct?

Anyhow when an animal is killed or suffers the energy is imprinted on the meat, flesh or body of the animal, kind of like a magnetic tape recorder, when you ingest the meat you or your bodies' energy field gets a strong dose of the pain, suffering and whatever was recorded on the flesh.

You don't have to take my word for it just do a little of you own research or maybe even try eating less meat for a while. Rest assured we are all energy and have senses beyond our 5.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I bought a juicer as soon as I could. Within 24 hours of fresh fruit and vegetable juices, joy and love surged through me! It turns out that daily brown rice was bringing my personal vibrations down. Now I have more love and Light than ever before! The world actually seems more colorful and alive than a year ago!

I know that when I eat meat, I feel more disconnected with the Earth.
Lately when I have been eating more fresh fruits and vegetables, and
I am having more dreams and synchronicities again.

I have read David Wilcock's diet suggestions, and I think he is right on!

www.divinecosmos.com...

also, from David Wilcock himself, including a list of diet "Do's" and "Dont's":

...The Edgar Cayce Readings had extensive information about diet that have become the subject of several books. It is amazing how few Cayce people here in VB actually follow those guidelines, though. Whitley Strieber was strongly told by his ET contacts to quit all refined sugar. Gordon Michael Scallion couldn't eat junk food once his mystical experiences began without getting sick. I have an ongoing acne condition with my skin that prevents me from eating other than an outrageously strict diet. The Law of One series has dietary guidelines as well.

If you're obese / overweight, smoke or get intoxicated regularly, you DO
have a problem. Period. Recognize that, and then accept and forgive
yourself, making a commitment to try for a new goal. You can still Ascend
with this problem, but allowing poor dietary habits to fall away can cause
tremendous acceleration of your vibratory level. People who have made a
transition to this diet have awakened into a whole new life they never
imagined was possible - a life where there is no concern about loss of
energy, fatigue, poor memory and concentration, boredness, weight gain, and
health problems. I know for a fact that I would physically not have been
capable of putting my books together, or of contacting higher intelligence,
without this diet in place.

www.divinecosmos.com...

The flesh of an animal is usually harder to penetrate, than that of vegetation...

It is harder to penetrate because it has a higher density...

The increase in density is cause by the molecules moving at a slower rate...

So maybe there is something to be said about vegetarians vibrating at a high frequency than those that consume meat...

They consume energy from sources that are vibrating at a higher frequency...

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Just to point out.. Did you see my recent topic on visions? And do you know when they started to look like visions? Try and guess

Yes, after I stopped eating meat! Coincidence? I don't think so. I think I really cleansed my astral body by making that move, and believe it or not, It's only a month since I become a vegetarian! It helped my body finally start using its full potential.

So it DEFINETLY is not the same.

Now, another reason. Animals are MORE spiritualy evolved than plants, therefore, they couse more bad karma! So its like choosing the lesser evil, since we can't be karmicaly uninvolved.

HOWEVER, there is a theory that plants ARE MEANT to be eaten, and therefore LIKE to be eaten, since, believe it or not, IT IS THEIR LIVES PURPOSE . Grass likes to be walked on, so does apple likes to be eaten, and David mentions that in one of his recent audioblogs.

So, there you have it. Hope this helps.

Oh another point.. Some guy once said:

THE ANIMALS ARE MY FRIENDS, AND I DON'T EAT MY FRIENDS.

www.divinecosmos.com...

ok, i don't know if any of these statements are remotely true or not, so i wish to obtain an understanding with personal experience by experimenting with this myself.

i'm actually writing this on the 3rd day of the fast, and so far i'm ok with only fruits, veggies, wheat bread, some nuts, milk, natural juice, water, some cheese, and white rice.

also, being a Daniel Fast, prayer and meditation go hand in hand, so i'm doing a good amount of them - especially meditation! on top of that, the church has given a Bible passage for each day, so i'll also be posting those each day if anyone's interested...

so far, Day 1 was:
Mark 9:14-29

Day 2:
Acts 1:8

Day 3:
Philippians 4:1

moreover, they've listed, along with the Bible passages, some prayers to say... however, i find some of them slightly corny
, so, so far i've thought of my own ones that have more meaning to me, and work for me better personally. ...if anyone's interested in the prayers, though, i can post those as well...

SO, is any of this "vibrational frequency" talk true when it comes to the human body?

i'll keep you updated daily so you all can find out!

also, to anyone who's ever experimented with this, please let me know how it went for you - that includes any and all who've completed a Daniel Fast before!

on a minor note, i just received my Companion Bible (by E. W. Bullinger) in the mail, and the Bible has never been more interesting!!
so for anyone who's got a question on one of the daily passages, i'll be more than happy to tell you what Mr. Bullinger says about each one!

LET THE JOURNEY BEGIN!!

[edit on 10-6-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
On a whim I did a 3 day raw fruits and vegetable "fast" a few weeks ago. Felt as good as I have in years! On exactly the 36th hour I snapped and ate like a junky. I start again Sunday. This time there is not a 3 day timeline attached. I really hope to make the lifestyle changes permanent.

I think you might be surprised how many people are doing some of these things. The idea is sort of "in the air" right now if you know what I mean.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
After the first few days of going all vegan, you will get "strong" urges for meat, if you overcome those urges and continue on, you will notice yourself feeling "lighter", that's the best word I can use to describe it, you may not be physically lighter, but don't be surprised if you notice you've lost a few lbs on the scale either.

I'm not a full fledged vegetarian, I still eat poultry and seafood, and I do practice fasting and vegan days. Good luck and have fun trying out new recipes.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Have you ever read the Gospels of Peace?

If you are getting ready to do what you say....I think you will find much inspiration from them. They are what lead me to fast last year and again this year at the start of spring time.

Here is a link to the 4 pages of the gospels and I will pull a few tid bits from the writings and posts them

www.thenazareneway.com...

Jesus answered: "Be it so according to your faith," and he sat down among them, saying: "It was said to them of old time, 'Honor thy Heavenly Father and thy Earthly Mother, and do their commandments, that thy days may be long upon the earth.' And next afterward was given this commandment, 'Thou shalt not kill,' for life is given to all by God, and that which God has given, let not man take away. For-I tell you truly, from one Mother proceeds all that lives upon the earth. Therefore, he who kills, kills his brother. And from him will the Earthly Mother turn away, and will pluck from him her quickening breasts. And he will be shunned by her angels, and Satan will have his dwelling in his body. And the flesh of slain beasts in his body will become his own tomb. For I tell you truly, he who kills, kills himself, and whoso eats the flesh of slain beasts, eats of the body of death. For in his blood every drop of their blood turns to poison; in his breath their breath to stink; in his flesh their flesh to boils; in his bones their bones to chalk; in his bowels their bowels t o decay; in his eyes their eyes to scales; in his ears their ears to waxy issue. And their death will become his death. For only in the service of your Heavenly Father are your debts of seven years forgiven in seven clays. But Satan forgives you nothing and you must pay him for all. 'Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot; burning for burning, wound for wound; life for life, death for death.' For the wages of sin is death. Kill not, neither eat the flesh of your innocent prey, lest you become the slaves of Satan. For that is the path of sufferings, and it leads unto death. But do the will of God, that his angels may serve you on the way of life. Obey, therefore, the words of God: 'Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to everything that creepeth upon th e earth, wherein there is breath of life, I give every green herb for meat. Also the milk of every thing that moveth and liveth upon earth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given unto them, so I give their milk unto you. But flesh, and the blood which quickens it, shall ye not eat. And, surely, your spurting blood will I require, your blood wherein is your soul; I will require all slain beasts, and the souls of all slain men. For I the Lord thy God am a God strong and jealous, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; and showing mercy unto thousands -of them that love me, and keep my commandments. Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength: this is the first and greatest commandment.' And the second is like unto it: 'Love thy neighbor as thyself' There is none other commandment greater than these."

And after these words they all remained silent, save one, who called out: "What am I to do, Master, if I see a wild beast rend my brother in the forest? Shall I let my brother perish, or kill the wild beast? Shall not I thus transgress the law?" And Jesus answered: "It was said to them of old time: "All beasts that move upon the earth, all the fish of the sea, and all the fowl of the air are given into thy power." I tell you truly, of all creatures living upon the earth, God created only man after his image. Wherefore beasts are for man, and not man for beasts. You do not, therefore, transgress the law if you kill the wild beast to save your brother's life. For I tell you truly, man is more than the beast. But he who kills the beast without a cause, though the beast attack him not, through lust for slaughter, or for its flesh, or for its hide, or yet for its tusks, evil is the deed which he does, for he is turned into a wild beast himself. Wherefore is his end also as the end of the wild beasts." Then another said: "Moses, the greatest in Israel, suffered our forefathers to eat the flesh of clean beasts, and forbade only the flesh of unclean beasts. Why, therefore, do you forbid us the flesh of all beasts? Which law comes from God? That of Moses, or your law?" And Jesus answered: "God gave, by Moses, ten commandments to your forefathers. 'These commandments are hard,' said your forefathers, and they could not keep them. When Moses saw this, he had compassion on his people, and would not that they perish. And then he gave them ten times ten commandments. For he whose feet are strong as the mountain of Zion, needs no crutches; but he whose limbs do shake, gets further having crutches, than without them. And Moses said to the Lord: 'My heart is filled with sorrow, for my people will be lost. For they are without knowledge, and are not able to understand thy commandments. They are as little children who cannot yet understand their father's words. Suffer, Lord, that I give them other laws, that they may not perish. if they may not be with thee, Lord, let them not be against thee; that they may sustain themselves, and when the time has come, and they are ripe for thy words, reveal to hem thy laws.' For that did Moses break the two tablets of s tone whereon were written the ten commandments, and he gave them ten times ten in their stead. And of these ten times ten the Scribes and Pharisees have made a hundred times ten commandments. And they have laid unbearable burdens on your shoulders, that they themselves do not carry. For the more nigh are the commandments to God, the less do we need; and the farther they are from God, then the more do we need. Wherefore are the laws of the Pharisees and Scribes innumerable; the laws of the Son of Man seven; of the angels three; and of God one.

And all were astonished at his wisdom, and asked him: "Continue, Master, and teach us all the laws which we can receive." And Jesus continued: "God commanded your forefathers: 'Thou shalt not kill.' But their heart was hardened and they killed. Then Moses desired that at least they should not kill men, and he suffered them to kill beasts. And then the heart of your forefathers was hardened yet more, and they killed men and beasts likewise. But I do say to you: Kill neither men, nor beasts, nor yet the food which goes into your mouth. For if you eat living food, the same will quicken you, but if you kill your food, the dead food will kill you also. For life comes only from life, and from death comes always death. For everything which kills your foods, kills your bodies also. And everything which kills your bodies kills your souls also. And your bodies become what your foods are, even as your spirits, likewise, become what your thoughts are. Therefore, eat not anything which fire, or frost, or water has destroyed. For burned, frozen and rotted foods will burn, freeze and rot your body also. Be not like the foolish husbandman who sowed in his ground cooked, and frozen, and rotten seeds. And the autumn came, and his fields bore nothing. And great was his distress. But be like that husbandman who sowed in his field living seed, and whose field bore living ears of wheat, paying a hundredfold for the seeds which he planted. For I tell you truly, live only by the fire of life, and prepare not your foods with the fire of death, which kills your foods, your bodies and your souls also."

Only take what resonates with you, always
LV

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Chemley

well they say that it takes about 2-3 weeks to form a habit!

...and, when you know that, it seems to take even less time to form one...

i've been strongly considering going vegetarian for quite a while now, and maybe this is the jump-start i need to get the ball rolling!

...i don't think i'll "snap" or anything like you did, because it's already the third day and i have no craving for meat whatsoever... i love fruits and vegetables, and i don't have a problem eating them for a while!

...but, that's the purpose of this thread - to provide a daily journal of how i'm doing, and possibly to list what i ate.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Make sure you eat nuts and sunflower seeds are good too. Depending on how strict you go with the diet, milk and eggs to me are ok. I look at it as the eggs are life yes, but as well, a gift to us from the animals same as their milk. But I know veg diets that do not accept eggs since they can be 'life'.

Some also say your blood type may not allow you to get enough energy WITHOUT eating meat at all. This is where the nuts and eggs may be needed to supply you with energy. Someone that works alot of hard labor may need to eat very smart to gain the energy needed for their work. I never noticed any less energy, in fact, I usually require less sleep and am in a state of feeling great during times of fasting from meats. I noticed when I phased out from my fasting last yr I didnt just jump right back to eating all meat. I allowed seafood and some white meats but never became real fond of red meat again. I do love the taste of steak ect....but the idea of it just never felt real right with me again.

I look at it as a offering back to the Earth....a offering of keeping life instead of taking life. I experienced great and crazy things no one will ever be able to explain to me last yr. Does it have anything to do with the mindset I developed and the offering of life....I do not know. But it did become a very spiritual practice for me. During the winter I had alot harder time because now a days, many fruits and veggies are hot house foods which to me taste like they have no 'filling' in them.

I think this is a great time of year to practice this. There may be gardens near you that you can even go pick your fruits and veggies yourself which I feel adds to the 'thanksgiving' mindset one needs for the spiritual practice-unless they have their own garden.

S&F because I really believe in this spiritual practice!

LV

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

trying out new recipes is kinda fun! i love trying new things, and variety in general, so i just find this whole excursion interesting!

also, i love seafood, and i told myself that if i ever went vegetarian, which i really want to do, i'd still eat fish occasionally but sparingly. this is precisely why i don't think i could go vegan!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Something I eat alot of is a stuffed tomato-

Get some real big red tomatoes, center them out placing the insides of the tomato in a bowl. Place your shells of your tomatoes in a cake pan dish.

On the side cook your favorite rice dish (I use broccoli and cheese rice and sometimes do a Mexican rice).

Cut up some fav. seasonings veggies like onion and green pepper for example.

Dice the inside of the tomatos you have in the bowl, dice your other veggies and mix them with the tomatos.

Place some shredded cheese or your choice of cheese in the bottom of the tomato shell. Spoon rice into the shell till about half full. Then spoon your veggies that are diced and mixed onto the rice till the tomato is full. Cover with foil and cook about 20 mins on about 350.

I like to get a little sinful a put a big slice of Velveeta cheese on the top during the last 5 mins of cooking time. This is really a meal in itself and it also good cold the next day.

These are really good and you can get creative with it! I would love some new ideas for cooking with veggies from others also!

LV

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

hummus
falafels
& stir fry's

I can't wait to have stuffed tomatoes, but alas they are small and green right now in the garden.

reply to post by adrenochrome

I am excited to see your experiment. Are you keeping a daily log on how you feel?

Going vegan was the best decision of my life.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

awesome, thanks for providing those!

i'm very interested in anything that has to do with Jesus being an Essene!!

...and i forgot - eggs can be included into the "Fast" as well! although, i think i wanna stay away from all meat!

i should be able to do fine providing i find lots of fresh fruits and vegetables!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
These are really good and you can get creative with it! I would love some new ideas for cooking with veggies from others also!

i totally agree - anyone feel free to post a recipe, or at least post a link that has vegetarian recipes! ...and i thank you so much for your recipe contribution! i've got another 19 days in which to try it out, and i think i will!

also, aren't smaller tomatoes better? ...in the sense that the larger ones are usually made with growth hormones and the like?

i understand they're fine if you grow them out of your own garden, but all i have is a flower garden right now...

reply to post by fishneedh2o

i've never tried hummus or falafels - can i get those at any store??

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Ok here I posted it for ya.
. I was thinking of posting it or making a thread but I usually put more time into that then u2u's so I can back up what I'm saying with a reference or 2. But we'll just hope everyone here is open minded, lol... That also being said, don't believe everything you hear just because you trust the source of the info. We must make our decisions and judgements.

Ok so eating for frequency...

Love = higher
Bad karma, pain, etc (from an animal per say) = lower

So right there, there is an attachment of an experience to the object of consumption. I wouldn't doubt this is where these christians got into the practice of "saying grace" before dinner, no doubt it has farther roots in the past.

Sometimes when I eat something or drink water, I try and put an intention in it.

It sounds silly, but I burn this sage for its properties and I feel like I'm harming it when I pluck the leaves. I was on this wild and insightful *censored, sorry, lol* the other night and the plant was telling me not to get attached, and that everything in its nature has its use, everything is fair game in survival... lol wild times... but yeah... so I feel all food is fine as long as you put positive intent on it... maybe tell your food "thanks for your sacrifice" etc... and plants CAN feel..they CAN think... there is a great book about that... some guy did a test on plants using a lie detector and found plants could recognize danger and dangerous people, and they also respond to how their owner responds etc... i believe they must have more of a universal mind, like our subconscious... they don't understand language but after-all..language is just a way to try and express INTENT... of which all things understand if consciousness is everywhere and all things...

So at the same time what I'm saying is... plants.. meat... whats the difference? Your still harming both... if you can remember, just show your respect.

But there is also another aspect to the meat thing... meat is hard to break down.. it takes a lot of energy.. and astral projection and all spiritual things need energy... so the more the better... that's also why they say not to eat anything heavy before bed, no meat or dairy, and maybe just tea even or a light meal. Its easier to wake up and you feel more rested that's for sure.

Where there is love/respect/ good intentions there is higher vibration... as high vibration I believe is the natural state of things and one doesn't necessarily raise their vibration but instead..remove their current inhibitors that slow their vibration... that's another thing the *censored* told me.

And again... there is the structure of things.. and one thing I like to think about.. I tried this once for astral projections... I thought... hey... all things have a frequency...what if I ate certain things to stimulate certain energy centers?... I thought... purple drink = 3rd eye energy... well I had a projection that night but can't say if it was related or not.

Aside from meat being heavy (low earthly vibes).. its good for grounding..also interesting to note.. its NATURAL colour is RED... so I think of meat as = vitality.. grounding.. the root chakra = lower vibrations?

Its interesting to note that most vegetation of the world is GREEN.. the colour of the heart chakra and as you've no doubt read... heart chakra = love = vibrational increase.

Plants are also easy to break down.

I would recommend eating like a caveman... nuts and berries. Try to cut back on sugars and SALT.. find alternatives for foods with salt in them... you may notice how salt is used in many rituals.. apparently its a very natural and effect ENERGY DAMPENER. I've been getting very little salt these days and don't put sugar in my coffee (which I'd like to get off of entirely)..

I eat nuts and I also take mineral pills (one thing we lack are linked to many forms of bodily decay from aging and whatnot)..

Also, i STRONGLY recommend you get IRON PILLS... because without red meat, you'll no doubt be low on Iron.. and when you take Iron, you feel very energized.. its interesting that iron is stored in your spleen I think.. or that area.. either way.. its around the navel (the major energy vortex in us)... iron in the blood has been linked to increased psi activity and such. On another note, you'll be wide awake and find yourself not yawning as much as you might be.

Also.. get a nice organic..loaded fruit drink... get Bolthouse Farms C boost.. if you can, I love that one... totally loaded with vitamins... and a ridiculous amount of vitamin C.. which I've read is linked to the Pineal gland / 3rd eye = better Astral Projections no doubt. As well, Vit C helps Iron absorbtion.

Noni juice is good for cleaning out the pineal gland as well.

I'll tell you my standard diet:

Breakfast = egg + whatever - NO MEAT sandwich (whatever I can get at a cafeteria around work)

(take my iron pill, mineral pill )

Lunch = If anything, nuts and granola

I drink DISTILLED water..but its home brewed and filtered through...charcoal? ..which makes its PH level a little more alkalide...

You want balanced PH.. balance is everything right? If your body is imbalanced PH-wise, you might develop problems.

So this distilled water (has no flouride = no pineal gland damage thanks)... but also its good at removing foreign particles / unhealthy minerals in the body.

This is why I take mineral pills..since with the distilled water, I'm not getting the minerals you'd find in our crappy tap water.

And for dinner:

Rice... Broccoli (fresh) and Fish, usually salmon. I've read that halibut and salmon have useful minerals.

I flavour that up with some soy sauce that's just SOY and water... regular soy sauce is LOADED with salt... this other stuff I found at a health food store... if the taste still bores me.. I might try and put in a little mayonnaise but I try to keep that to a minimal.

Every day I drink a shot of noni juice, which you can find at certain health food stores (non-commercial crappy ones). Noni juice helps your pineal gland and your WHOLE endochrine system which equals your WHOLE chakra system! (the physical component)

I also drink half a bottle of bolthouse farms C boost, which gives me a ridiculous 2400% vitamin C from half the bottle, 40% vit A, and a bunch of other good stuff.

I drink the bolthouse chocolate one too, probably not great because its dairy (could be soy milk).. but its lots of protein which I need to repair my broken body from work lol... but nuts and fish are good for that too.

I hope that helps.

-steve.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I just wanted to note..

I had a meditation last week where I decided I'd ask my subconscious to bring forth memories of pain, guilt, embarassment, bad karma... etc.. all the blockage type stuff... surprising it seemed like 20 or so events came forward, stretching back many years and as they came up I "healed" them... i acknowledged the lesson, commanded that it be let go etc...

After that meditation I felt PHYSICALLY lighter... I found that quite interesting. I felt like a weight had been lifted from me.

Since then I noticed much less irritation and such would come out of me throughout the day.

So this little point isn't food related but I'm just pointing out how it felt like it affected my physically.

On this diet as well, its strange... well when I was in the amazon I was sick and lost alot of weight.. i think this was synchronus to the ceremony I took part in there, but since then I've felt great with all those toxins out of me.. I lost like 13 pounds and I gained it all back it eventually.

What I find interesting is I've maybe weighed 165 pounds at the most and I'm only maybe 153 right now but I've never been bigger and stronger. I feel very agile, energetic, and light as well. I try to bring stretching into this as well.

But it does feel like my body isn't a burden like it used to feel. I work hard but always get lots of protein so I never feel pains or aches...

its funny guys.. because I used to attribute back pain to work.. It started in the lower back... but i worked out problems in the chakra in that area, and the pain went away, and i felt pain higher... fixed that chakra there..the pain went higher.. etc.. you see what i'm getting at.

A lot of the work with the body can be done with the mind, intention / meditation.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I was on 5days fast (water only) just only because I was curious what can happen..Of course I've read some books about fast before.
It was quite hard (headaches, dizzines etc.) experience but after then I was feeling like I don't remember for years!!! It also healed some my chronical illness.
I've lost 25kg because spontaneous changing of the food to more vegetables, no fat, no synthetic sugar. In other words, I've started to think what I eat!
It's 3 years back and I'm keeping my 174/75 proportions

Peace

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
wanted to also add.. i get some fats from nuts as well as proteins, but the body needs fat to burn for energy, which is why the body stores fat instead of just getting rid of it.. as i'm told... thats why we're holding that baggage, because believe it or not, in moderation it's useful.

I'm very lean but try to get some fats so I don't wither away to nothing and so I have lots of energy at work. My job requires a lot of consistent fast-paced activity, so I try to compensate.

I've been told sugar is burned for energy but sort of in a bad way that seems to burn more energy just to GET the energy... something like that. I wonder if someone can explain that for us. I speak out of ignorance on that one.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

ohhh my, you have not lived till you tired hummus. It is a dip/spread made from chickpeas. It is quite easy to make and very delicious. Don't buy it in a store, larger grocery stores tend to have it in the deli section but it is full of chemicals and quite unappatizing.

en.wikipedia.org...

Falafels are little veg*n patties made from chickpeas, again. They are somewhat a pain in the rump to make. If you have a mediterian resturant in your town, they should have them on the menu.

en.wikipedia.org...

Some places to get you started with recipes.

www.vegan-food.net...
www.theppk.com...
eatair.blogspot.com...
vegandad.blogspot.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

thanks you so much for that thoughtful comment!

we need more people like you in this thread, who think, and live, outside the box!

...and is that book called The Secret Life of Plants perhaps??

Published in 1973, The Secret Life of Plants was written by Peter Tompkins and Christopher Bird. It is described as "A fascinating account of the physical, emotional, and spiritual relations between plants and man."

Essentially, the subject of the book is the idea that plants may be sentient, despite their lack of a nervous system and a brain. This sentience is observed primarily through changes in the plant's conductivity, as through a polygraph, as pioneered by Cleve Backster. The book also contains a summary of Goethe's theory of plant metamorphosis.

That said, this book is about much more than just plants; it delves quite deeply into such topics as the aura, psychophysics, orgone, radionics, kirlian photography, magnetism/magnetotropism, bioelectrics, dowsing, and the history of science.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
It is hard to know if a big tomato in the stores is without hormones ect. Small tomatoes can be used just the same for the recipe though. You can also do a stuffed green pepper without meat, just make a mix of veggies diced up and add the rice in the pepper just the same. Stuffed tomatoes is defiantly a seasonal item but I look forward to summer time just for them.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
This diet is a good idea. Usually the body has such a hard time dealing with all the crap were putting in it ... that its in a constant state of repair. lots of fruits and veg is almost like putting up a second layer of protection between you and the outside world. .... because what were actually doing is absorbing the immune system of the plants we eat ( antioxidants) when you eat right, ... you can do all sorts of things you couldnt before..... like missing a full nights sleep, no problem.

Though if anyone wants to stick to this diet full off. I can only give a couple tips. .. take essential fatty acids, like flax seed oil as their neccessary for health. Also, some type of animal protein is suggestible, as vegetable proteins are incomplete .... whens the last time u saw a muscular vegan ?? and last but not least, ...... enjoy it. you just might feel as a god among men.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

well, for example, one time in the grocery store, i see this table with the nice, red, small tomatoes on it, still attached to the vine, and sold in 3's and 4's together - they had a sign that said they were grown locally from someone's garden...

then i see with the rest of the produce - the grocery store's produce - their tomatoes: big, light red, almost pink...

well, that'd all be ok, except the homegrown ones on the table had fruit flies all over them, but the ones owned by the store didn't have a single fruit fly on them at all, and each type of tomato display wasn't far apart from one-another at all...

i was wondering why the fruit flies wouldn't touch the big, light red tomatoes, yet they were all over the fresh-looking, small, vine-ripe ones...

why weren't they wanting the store-owned ones??

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join