It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed Would Be Shut Down If It Were Audited, Expert Says

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Sovereignty is a Natural Right, not a privilege.
Slaves are made, not born.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Yeh thats a good point fly. I don't see animals paying money to live. Regarding the whole fed issue, correct me if im wrong, but from what ive read - any major political figure that has implemented or got close to implementing monetary reform policies, has ended up dead. Andrew Jackson and Lincoln being the prime examples.

The elite will remove anyone that genuinely has a chance of getting monetary reform policies through - the fractional reserve system is the source of their power, without it, they would quickly fade away. We have seen whats happens to the ministers of other countries that reject world bank loans. The chances of dying in a plane crash are extremely low, yet in the last 30 years, there have been a disturbing number of south american ministers coming a cropper courtesy of a downed plane. Far too many for it to be a coincidence.

It would need a large group of people within the political system, willing to die for the cause to get the job done. Don't apply unless you have major cojones.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The Fed audit bill is the only thing that can unravel the bands of hidden power.

Ron Paul is doing an excellent job - why isn't he dead?

I don't know how much or how effectively they may be watering down the bill - I hope it maintains its integrity and is passed. An audit will create a shooting match - the congress themselves need to participate in the audit for it to be fully effective I think.

If the bill goes through - and it looks like it is going to be effective in its aims - I would not put it past the NWO to dissolve congress and go straight to marshal law to avoid it. Failing that - they may start killing and threatening congress before the vote.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Anomen

I agree with your assertion that American's need to learn how to be fiscally responsible. However, the current crisis is the responsibility of the bankers who, instead of turning people who obviously should not have been given credit and loans away, gave it to them and then were in such trouble they demanded the tax payers pay for their mistakes.

It was a double whammy. The tax payers, being irresponsible as they are, couldn't pay their bills, then the banks went under (all this is assuming this was the real reason for the collapse, which it wasn't), and wanted the taxpayers, who were already in their own personal debt, to bail them out of a jam, putting the entire nation into a crap soot.

Where do you think the money came from that bailed the banks out? Absolutely nowhere! It didn't exist. but the Fed printed it, and charged the government interest on money it requested!

We should have let them fail. We should have let the people who don't even know how to be fiscally responsible fail, and we shouldn't have let the FED have a blank check without knowing where all that money went.

So, yeah, the FED is responsible because they are the reason the country has been in debt since it's very existence in 1913.

This site explains the process pretty well:

Here is how fractional reserve banking works in the United States, using the current approximate 10% fractional reserve ratio requirement:

1) A depositor deposits $100 with a bank. (This depositor could be a citizen, or another bank, even a receiver of the FED's open market operations which is described later.)

Total Reserves: $100, Total Loans: $0, Total Money Supply: $100

2) The bank holds $10 for its reserves and loans out the other $90 to other banks or citizens. If it is a citizen, this money is temporarily held outside the banking system until he/she decides to deposit the money into a bank.

Total Reserves: $10, Total Loans: $90, Total Money Supply: $100

3) Next, the second bank takes the $90 in deposits, holds $9 for its reserves, and loans out the other $81.

Total Reserves: $19,

Total Loans: $171, Total Money Supply: $190

4) Step 3 repeats. The third bank takes the $81 as a deposit, holds $8.10 for its reserves, and then loans out $72.90.

Total Reserves: $27.10,
Total Loans: $243.90,
Total Money Supply: $271

5) Step 3 repeats again. The fourth bank takes the $72.90 as a deposit, holds $7.29 for its reserves, and then loans out $65.61.

Total Reserves: $34.39,
Total Loans: $309.51,
Total Money Supply: $343.90

6) And so on. The bulk of the money creation is done after 15 repeats, but what is eventually left after 40 or 50 repeats is pretty much:

Total Reserves: $100,
Total Loans: $900,
Total Money Supply: $1000

So you can see that within a very short period of time, banks transferring to other banks within the system can CREATE $900 from the initial $100 deposit.

Here's how it works, step-by-step, when the FED buys Treasuries, although it is the same process for whatever asset they wish to purchase.

1) The FED's Open Market Committee (FOMC) decides expand the nation's money supply and purchases, for example, $10 billion in Treasury bonds.

Monetary Supply Expansion: $0

2) The FED writes a check on itself for $10 billion. [Where did it get the money? The answer is FROM NOWHERE!]

Monetary Supply Expansion: $10 billion

3) This $10 billion FED check then goes to one of the select government bond dealers (such as Secretary Paulson's Goldman Sachs) in exchange for the $10 billion in Treasuries.

4) Then the bond dealer deposits its $10 billion FED check at a commercial bank.

5) Go to the fractional reserve loop above. We just learned how this deposit will very quickly be "pyramided" and lead to $10 billion in deposits and $90 billion in loans within the banking system.

Monetary Supply Expansion: $100 billion

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
American's are stupid. Fact. Proof? The system they live in is one of the most criminally minded, corrupt and selfish in the world.

Fact: The rest of the world laughs at Americans.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by zorkthegreat]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by zorkthegreat

Nice to meet you, Rest of the World. If you can stop laughing long enough, tell me what your personal attack against an entire country has to do the topic of this thread.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

trueamerican stay the course. I consider you a realist not a defeatist.More of our countrymen need to wake up and understand who and what our real enemies are.They can vote,call,email and dream on.The truth is there to see if you choose to look.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I don't think it's a matter of being stupid as it is just having wishful thinking. We want to think we're being represented fairly but we're not. Sure the Feds may show up at your door. They'll bribe, scare, or kill to stop us because they're scared that we'll succeed at something we are about to be forced into, a revolution. If this happens, I DO have the cajones to join it and fight to the death if need be. You want our rights, our freedoms? Molon labe!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Genus

Americans are not stupid, just easily misguided and manipulated. And we have had a VERY potent system of this manipulation over the course of our history. It runs through the school curriculums starting at the earliest years, to virtually ALL media broadcasting. It is time not only to break from this system, but to start teaching our coming generations to as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join