It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fed: Bankrupt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

"If the Fed examiners were set upon the Fed's own documents—unlabeled documents—to pass judgment on the Fed's capacity to survive the difficulties it faces in credit, it would shut this institution down," he said. "The Fed is undercapitalized in a way that Citicorp is undercapitalized."

The Federal Reserve's balance sheet is so out of whack that the central bank would be shut down if subjected to a conventional audit, Jim Grant, editor of Grant's Interest Rate Observer, told CNBC.
CNBC

Says it all right there.

This guy is not a "nobody" either - he's a major force in the bond market, editor of a very well-recognized publication since 1983. Ignore him at your peril.
Denninger

[edit on 6/10/2009 by Tentickles]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Corresponding video....

www.cnbc.com...

Ooops, sorry OP...you already had the link...good post!

[edit on 10-6-2009 by RolandBrichter]

[edit on 10-6-2009 by RolandBrichter]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Do I hint a small amount of pity that the biggest bank in our nation is so screw up that the powers behind it now wants to get that pity into those out there so they can get bailout like the rest?

I wonder if they are too big to fail

Sorry but this becoming hilarious, I wonder what this entity that doesn't answer to nobody is trying to accomplish.

First they wanted absolute power with the first bailout bill so congress could not get into their secrets.

Now they are opening to expose those secrets? I wonder what is the deception behind this.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Good to shine the light in the darkness...
End the Fed...
Audit the Fed...

My first and second choice! Of course the looting would have to stop, and so many are still lining thier pockets!

S&F!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Beware of what you wish for, perhaps now that the government is been taken over by the powers behind the fed they don't have to hide anymore so hey they will become the government themselves.

After all if the Obama administration decide to "socialized the fed" that is exactly what will happen, people are looking at all this take over by "government as socialization" but if the government is owned by this entities then this nothing but the actually final power grab, then they will not have to hide anymore.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
When fed chair Ben Bernanke's term runs out in early (jan?) 2010....the whispers are growing louder that LARRY Summers may replace him.....

this would = going from pretty bad.....to HELLISH.... MUCH WORSE

[edit on 10-6-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Where is any and all wealth that can be rightly said to be American?

We have none.

The Fed is a monopoly. It's charter renders it unaccountable in any meaningful sense.

We STILL to this very day HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE of the identity of the owners, nor the relationships the Fed has to the supranational banking cartel that is controlling the means of commerce over 9/10ths of the planet.

Are we ready to actually do something now for the benefit of the nation (and in turn the global community)? Our leaders say "No. We can do nothing."

Ever wonder why?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I think they are just telling you guys, that only corruption is keeping america afloat.

I wonder what all the smart arses at cnbc really think, about the economy?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

No wonder it was in the news an article that the America economy is the biggest ponzi scheme of the century.

The banking cartel behind the fed doesn't want to run things in shadow s anymore they want to run things from the government itself.

At least that is what I see happening, these people are powerful and they are not going anywhere.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Anyone else ready for the Fed to get thrown under the bus to make way for a one world central bank?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar
Anyone else ready for the Fed to get thrown under the bus to make way for a one world central bank?

Not to be overly conspiratorial but..., I suspect that we have been kept ignorant of the fact that there already is only one global banking authority under one cartel, who's distinct 'branches' maintain the illusion of separation.

The same can be said of many things, like organized media, and very nearly the entire legal/political bodies of many countries.

Somehow, no matter the company name, the banks all share the same unchallengeable fractional reserve lending scam, which leads to utter dependence on a third party "bank" to maintain a national economy.

I think the global bank already exists. They just need to come out from behind their masks now to further their dominion of human affairs. And our politicians are helping to make it so.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I think it is well known that all the Central Banks through out the world have the same owners including the IMF.

You can bet your arse that is the Fed is thrown under the bus it was part of the plan to let their One World Central Bank come in and take over.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Down with the FED..
!!
Audit it..end it..
Destroy it
Down with it!!! ..........

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
[[Please forgive the repetition, this is from another thread I just participated in, but I thought it pertains just as well to this thread]]

The political system of the United States of America has been, and continues to be, the single most culpable accomplice to the economic ruin of the nation. Each and every party member, the ideologues, the 'advisers', the haughty elite, are the people to whom we owe this reality.

Their proclaimed political affiliation is an expedient costume. Some may have recently noticed the 'ease' with which group members 're-brands' themselves.

This is not about politics.

It is about economic oppression of the highest order. This supranational bank cartel exists by the silent consent of a class of people who clearly owe their allegiance to anything or anyone except the constitutional Democratic Republic which I contend, would have done better without them and their partisan agenda

Sadly, we are convinced that our allegiance lies with these people, despite the very tangible detrimental effect they have on us and the world around us.

I won't digress into the history of the last century. But I can assure you that it's most relevant. The political environment was as irrelevant as the bought and paid for press could make it.

One century later, they are abandoned by their grateful beneficiaries, except for the owners, of course.

The Fed is just one doorway into the true nature of the powers behind the governments. The cartel has imposed the maxim that only IT can 'save' us. Meanwhile those of us who researched their direct complicity in the degradation of economies world-wide, are demonized as 'nut jobs' or mentally atrophied. These people have fomented war, encouraged want and despair, capitalizing on it at every turn. They are entrenched between virtually all supply and all demand. They neither toil, nor produce. Yet they are richer than everyone else and will not tolerate any social order that threatens that condition.

It's like having a doctor who keeps you sick, so he can continually apply his 'treatment.'

The Fed can't just 'go away'. If WE don't replace it with some unbiased institution, THEY will replace it with another "black box" that we are not allowed to look into, because we are obviously to feeble-minded to comprehend it.

1 + 1 = 2.

Mathematics is supposed to be a pure language.

Yet through their mathe'magical' wisdom, they have brought us to the brink of economic self-destruction.

If it is not too late to threaten their agenda (whatever that could be) they surely will make use of their most effective tools* to control us, distract us, or somehow ensure that we revert to mob-mentality to achieve that end.

Who knows? Maybe we still can do something to at least reassert that the citizens of the United States are not a people with whom to "play". Perhaps we can endure this humiliating flimflamming and come away, isolated economically, but also FREE economically! Is there a price too high to pay for such freedom, I wonder? I think that is the face of the beast itself.

Good luck everybody. We ARE going to need some. The odds always favor the house.... But often, fortune favors the foolish, the prepared, and the brave... hey, we outnumber them!

(Don't look now folks, but we have ALWAYS outnumbered them by orders of magnitude!)

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Maxmars]

* - by tools I mean, fear, hate, terror, anger, vanity, pride, greed, shame, and guilt. Such are the tools that serve them.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
'' We, (as In the FED) have decided the best course of action for the United States is to propose a bailout for the Federal Reserve. This is a aspect of our economy critical to our way of life, allowing it to fail would be disasturous for the American nation and its people, and I will not allow it to happen. We understand there are rumours that the FED is a private entity at times operating for selfish needs, I assure you, the FED operates in the best interest of the United States, I know this because they told me ''

or something along those lines
hook line and sinker!

new topics

top topics

join