It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burglar Held At Gunpoint By Homeowner

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

Hahaha. I have no idea why you were marked for the reply, instead of Now_and_Then. Oh well. Thanks for reading.

I am pro-gun. But I know guns are not the be-all solution against crime. Getting caught flatfooted, which most criminals try, puts you in such a sticky situation. Technical term is "bad".

Do your best to stack the odds in your favor. See a stranger following you -- head to the nearest public place and call for help. Don't feel embarrassed to cause a commotion. Hear a robber downstairs -- gather your family into one room, arm yourselves, and call the cops. Tell the burglar to take any possessions, but come into your room he will have to pay for it.

Your friend was smart. He didn't have a gun. Options didn't look great for him and his GF. Jumping out of the car was his gamble and they won. Both your friends were caught flatfooted. It would be hard to reach for a gun if it wasn't on you. There are a number of things you can plan for such events. But I'll leave that to the readers to decide how.

Life is chaos. Nothing ever goes according to plan. Plan and train. If you so desire. Most people think buying a gun, box full of ammo, and shoot 10 rounds on the range is enough to protect themselves. Its NOT. Training, Training Training and Mindset. That helps you even the odds. Hell it doesn't have to be a gun. Martial arts, a sword, kali sticks, baseball bat, paintgun, rolled-up magazine, etc.

<< 1   >>

join