It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burglar Held At Gunpoint By Homeowner

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Listen to the 911 call where a homeowner held a burglar at gunpoint. This was the burglar's second robbery attempt on the same homeowner. Luckily, the homeowner learned from the first time and was ready for this visit. You can actually hear the burglar cry for mercy. Now the burglar knows crime doesn't pay.

Fox News : Video - Burglar Held At Gunpoint

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
HHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

he was crying!!!!

omg what losers!

that reminds me of a friend of mine from savannah. it was actually the 3rd time he had robbed them in a week and when he came back for the 3rd time, my friends were there!

Sarah (yes a she!! and small at that!) stabbed him with a screwdriver and her roommate broke his arm. he was crying begging for mercy while she was calling 911. during the 911 call she was kicking him yelling at him to stop crying like a little b***h and how his ass is going jail.

he didnt stop crying (like the little ***** he was) and he did go to jail, and she was fine after that. once word gets around that you wont take it anymore, you kinda get left alone from there on out.

i had a robber walk into my house in savannah too. sunday morning before noon! i thought my roommate had broken a coffee cup in the kitchen ( he was there as well! and thought it was me that had done that) he comes walking in my room and i make eye contact and he takes off running and i grab a big knife that i keep by my bed and chased him outside while i was in my boxers!

he probably could have taken me, but all i saw was red! my girlfriend was there with me and she saw him too.

anyways he got away and i almost put someone who didnt do it in jail because they looked similar, but i couldnt confirm it so said that it wasnt him.

no problems since tho!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I had a hard time staying in my seat I was laughing so hard. Great find man!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I would have shot him.

Sorry, but I would have. Somebody who breaks into my house puts my family in danger is going to either get shot in the face or in the knee cap. I would let him cry for mercy like in that clip and then shoot him.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
I would have shot him.

Sorry, but I would have. Somebody who breaks into my house puts my family in danger is going to either get shot in the face or in the knee cap. I would let him cry for mercy like in that clip and then shoot him.

I'm right there with you brother!

If someone breaks into our house, since we are very well defended, we have all decided not to let the intruder leave, ever.

Thats what shovels and a backyard is for.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by guppy

lol.. Thats pretty funny. I probably would probably make a burgular leave empty handed. I live in sort of a liberal area, so theres a very good chance I would feel a backlash for forcing someone to wait for the police.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I caught a little punk burglarizing my truck one morning.
After hitting him with a spray of bear repellent/pepper spray i grabbed him by the hair and beat on him till the cops showed up.

After the cops had cuffed and stuffed him the cops gave me the usual warning how dangerous it is for homeowners to grab criminal instead of calling the cops.

I told the cop i was not worried and turn and lifted my shirt and showed the cop my locked and loaded 1911 .45 .
I told the cop if he had pulled a weapon it would have been the last time he would do it.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by ANNED]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I would have shot him.

Damn straight...

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
hahahahhahaa

For some reason I pictured that one South Park episode: SMug Alert....

"Hey Jerry I heard you stopped a burglar??"
"Sure did"
"Good for youuuuuuuuuu!!"
"Thaaaaaaaaaaanks.... I like to think I'm part of the solution **eyes close** and not part of the probleeeeeem"

Oh lord, this guy should have filmed it and stuck his ass on youtube or something.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
There's something really backwards about the fact that news of people defending themselves comes off as a sort of "surprise" in the media.

I hope this doesnt result in some idiotic family, gang retaliation against the homeowner. Lord knows how the "relatives" (of which there are generally many) of these thugs always come running to defend the criminal and demonize the would-be victim for not permitting himself to be victimized.

I'm sure he's just a "good kid" and would have never hurt anyone.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Could you imagine how this would have gone down in the UK?

The homeowner could have tried to defend himself with his new stab proof knife

This story is why there is still hope for this country, we face evil, we don't run from it, especially when it's right there in our own homes.

Support the RKBA, buy a gun tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I'm actually buying a gun today, I try to get one every month or so, along with a few boxes of ammo for my exsisting guns.

Its one habit I'll never break..

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Solofront

Awesome
But dont you think it's a bit much to spend you entire paycheck on guns and ammo?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

Awesome
But dont you think it's a bit much to spend you entire paycheck on guns and ammo?

Gun owners work hard, that's why we have money. This is a concept that liberals have yet to come to terms with, as you can't buy guns with food stamps.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Picked up a keltec p11 about a week ago I think.

I already had the pf9...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Congrats, Solo!

Its funny. I used to live in Commiefornia. People thought you were a nut/psycho if you owned 1 gun. I owned more than 1. My coworkers were scared I'd go postal on them. Every so often they'd teased me to ease their own tensions.

One day, I got tired of it and said, "Look if any one would go postal its creepy, silent Alex."

They thought about it and realized I was right. I then said, "If anything, you would want me to be armed in case Alex does go postal."

But that never stopped them from thinking I would go postal. A few months later, they asked why do I even own a firearm.

"To protect myself and my loved ones in case someone breaks into my house," I said.

They laughed and said, "Please I would just call the cops."

I immediately replied with, "How long does it take for the cops to arrive?"

After seeing they all had dumbfounded looks and shrugged their shoulders. I said, "Look it up. Its public information. The average response ranges from 5 minutes to 2 hours. That's too long to wait. Hell, even 1 minute is too late."

Based on their expressions, I could tell their brain-gears were turning. Then they shook their heads, decided it is beyond their reality, and said, "I would still call the cops."

To them the discussion was over and they walked away. I stood there in shock.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
Could you imagine how this would have gone down in the UK?

The homeowner could have tried to defend himself with his new stab proof knife

This story is why there is still hope for this country, we face evil, we don't run from it, especially when it's right there in our own homes.

Support the RKBA, buy a gun tomorrow.

Oh don't you worry - I can lay my hands on quite a few little articles around my house... I could use a rolling pin, butter knife, wait for the kettle to boil and throw that - my cat has claws, I could throw loose change, I could tie the robber up with duct tape and force him to watch channel 5, I'm quite boring on certain topics I could also talk to him, I could run the bath and drop the toaster in the water, I could ask him if he wouldn't mind waiting while I see what I have in my tool box.... I could pretend I'm gay!, actually thinking about the boiling water I think hot fat would be less time consuming and more effective...

Damn I hope I don't get robbed - I want a gun

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
i keep getting little pea shooters (marlin .22 semi synthetic stock was my last one) but thats all I can get off limited pay. got a few shotguns and stuff that were passed down.

some people hate the synthetic stock, but i like black weapons. swords knives guns. hell even the $1 baseball bat i got at walmart was black MUAHAHAHA (it was seriously a dollar!!)

piece of rebar with electrical tape wrapped around it makes THAT black too.

i remember watching the fugitive with harrison ford, "nickel-plated sissy pistol"

lol

o got a few .50 cal muzzle loaders
those are fun, but hell on reload lol

def dont go boar hunting with one unless you are a great shot

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

Now_and_Then has the right attitude. Its not the gun that keeps you and your loved ones safe. Its your attitude, perception, and force of will.

You can carry as many guns as you want on yourself. But getting caught flatfooted negates carrying a gun. The only way you will survive that scenario is if the crook was a complete moron with his/her weapon.

Having the mindset that keeps you aware is half the battle -- being perceptive. Telling yourself you may have to use the firearm to stop an attack is important. Plus, force of will may keep you alive when the chips are down. You might as well stack the odds in your favor because crooks never play.

My friend and his wife finished eating dinner with us. Lets call them John and Mary. On their way home they decided to go to the supermarket because they were out of soda. They live in a very nice neighborhood. At the supermarket, they parked their Honda Civic next to BMWs and Mercedes.

As they walked towards the store, John noticed a parked car with its engine running in front of the supermarket. There was a guy sitting in it looking anxious. In front of the market's entrance were two gentlemen dressed in clothes not common to the neighborhood. John took noticed but thought nothing of it. John also thought nothing of it when those two gentlemen disappeared as they went behind two pillars near the market's entrance.

As John and Mary approached the entrance, the two guys emerged from the pillars and approached them. The first guy went up to John, put is hand out and said, "Wassup, homie?" John just stuck his hand out and replied, "Wassup."

That's when John went down on the ground. John was tasered. He struggled to get up because he heard his wife scream. Next thing, Mary is on the ground with pain across her face.

John managed to get up and started to chase the two bad guys heading for the parked car. John grabbed one guy by the jacket. But the baddie squirmed out of the jacket and got in the car and they took off.

At the end, both John and Mary got tasered. John's glasses were broken. And, worse of all, John broke two fingers when he collapsed on the ground. His middle finger was bent at near 90-degree angle. John's middle finger got two screws and 3 months of physical therapy.

Could John have listened to that voice in his head that something was wrong? John could easily have said, "Lets just get it tomorrow morning."

Even to this day, John and Mary think nothing about the incident. They believe they're safe because it would never happen to them again. Hopefully, it never would. But walking around town, especially in LA, that nothing bad will happen leaves you open to attack. Criminals look for such victims.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
lol why did you make that a response to me?

i lived in savannah for 6 years. not the worst place for crime, but not good.

approaching "bad people" is a daily (or nightly rather) occurrence. After hearing of all the problems that my friends have had, and some of their stories are way more scary than that one you gave. I still have not had any problems. Is it because I leave my jewelry behind, and dont flash my cash, or is it because I don't go into areas, i know are bad, or have problems. Even good neighborhoods have problems (close to bad neighborhoods, high traffic areas, bad lighting).

as for the story. my buddy (we'll call him jim) and his girlfriend (and her sue) were in their apartment. She decided to go to the store for some food real fast. she left, and he was sitting on the computer (like always). she walked out the house, and he heard her coming back up almost instantly after. 2 guys were behind her with a gun and said, "Your girl just got you in a lot of trouble". got them both in her car, she was driving, with one bad in the passenger seat, and one in the back watching my friend. they told them they were driving to the gas station to buy condoms, and that they were going to kill jim. Jim isnt a big guy and probably couldnt have taken his girlfriend in a fight let alone 2 guys with guns. He does the only thing he could, and jumped out of the car for help. He got knocked around, but thankfully cops are everywhere in savannah and he found someone fast.

sue and the other 2 drove up to a gas station and made her go in with one of them to buy the condoms. they were going to take her across the bridge to hutchinson island (which is mostly woods) and do whatever and kill and leave her there. because jim jumped out and got help though, and the gas station attendant thought something was up, cops were on them before they could make it to the bridge. thank god.

do you think he could have reacted in time to know that there would be guys with guns coming back with her? i dont think so, but lets say he had a camera at the front door and could see who was coming back up. they would still have her as collateral, still. not much you could do in that situation unless you were ninja.

so i do in a sense agree with what you were saying. i will still trust that having a gun and advanced knowledge will win 90% of the time (luck and human error still plays a huge role).

wouldnt you rather be prepared, than a sitting duck?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join