It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gordon Brown to reform voting system.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Seems Ol' brown plans to grip on to power any way he can. This sort of underhand changing of rules when the odds are stacked against you is another staple of the NWO. The fact he plans to make these changes with no referendum is disturbing enough. The question is, what reforms are to come?

If the Bilderberg hawks are getting twitchy about not wanting to switch to a single currency

Detailed here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Then this sort of move is exactly what one would expect from the Loyalists to try and retain as much power as possible.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Thoughts?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
By the time it happens they will be out of power.And the conservatives will just try and forget about it when they are in power,then try to accumulate more power....Its pretty sad politics is driven by the media and politicians give knee jerk reactions to what is on the paper or tv.And these *independent* committees get setup more times in a month than i have hot dinners in a year are about as independent as a parasite and everyone knows it.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by James Random

This man will do anything to stop this country having the vital General Election that it needs.
I dread to think what changes are coming. I'm sure none of them will be for the good of the people or country.
I feel that the UK is just one massive NWO experiment to see how far the citizens can be pushed without retaliation.
We're watched, monitored, dictated to , with no chance of a referendum on anything.
What is wrong with us--why do we allow it ???

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Its not being introduce and nor will the government select an alternative. It is just a debate. Gordon knows the press will crucify him if an unpopular Prime Minister alters the voting system.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

I think if Gordon Brown can reform the House of Lords and change the voting system, that would be a great thing. I believe Gordon Brown is essentially a good man. He's obviously dreadfull in the PR department and lacks any charisma.

This is why we dont need an early election, we musn't squander this oppourtunity to reform our out dated democracy.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I don't judge any politician on either appearance or charisma---neither of those bother me at all with Brown, who is clearly lacking in both those departments.
What bothers me is his inability to show any true leadership and IMO he just comes up with talk and no action. I'll be amazed if any worthwhile reforms actually happen.
He has to do something but like most of his policies I fear yet another lame duck approach. The House of Lords will not be easy to reform.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Imo the house of lords should be scrapped all together never mind reforming the bloody thing.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

With you a 100% on that one Solomons ---get the damn thing scrapped.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Isn't the House of Lords there to keep the parliament on their toes and not let them invoke laws on a whim?

Can anyone link to any policies or a manifesto please. I had a cursory glance on UKIP's site but it was scarce info to say the least.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

The House of Lords does serve some purpose but the whole system now needs reforming IMO.
As for ukip---I checked the site and found it vague.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I agree UKT, valid points

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Its not being introduce and nor will the government select an alternative. It is just a debate. Gordon knows the press will crucify him if an unpopular Prime Minister alters the voting system.

I don't think it will be introduced either nor an alternative be found.
All words and no action--from a man ruled by the press.
Shame he does'nt listen to the public a bit more !

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by uk today
reply to post by James Random

why do we allow it ???

Cause nobody here cares about politics. The majority of people are too concerned with Big Brother, Getting pissed and partying.

top topics

join