It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI investigating alleged militia training camp

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fremd

The guys were breaking the law. Pure and simple. It's also not a far stretch to believe a bunch of rednecks were using it as an anti-government training camp.

One guy was breaking the law, the whole point is that they are trying to spread the net and sensationalize the "militia" aspect.

Your avatar and the use of words like "redneck" detracts from any serious point you ever try to make on here.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

We don't all Monday morning quarterback. I think 09/11 could not have been prevented, and I don't blame our government for it (unless they did it themselves of course). In hindsight, sure there were signs, but we are such an open society, no way we "Prevent" everything.

Preemptively speaking, they do have certain duties. I can't believe our borders have not been secured over the last 200 years or so. That seems like plenty of time to build a freakin fence!!!! AND, I can't begin to fathom why this is a "controversial" issue.

The problem with the case the OP cites is multi-faceted.

1. For one, militias are not illegal!
2. This guy owned a gun range, and surely some of his clients may do illegal things, but do we arrest the owner of a McDonald's, because some fringe elements meet their on Tuesday mornings?!?
3. Now they are calling him a secessionist? Because he disagrees with the ludicrous direction the government is going?
4. Who, How, and Why did the MSM pick up this story? This is one guy, innocent until proven guilty, of a minor crime. Who's agenda does this benefit if it is blown up in the press?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Yessir, step right you peasants, Your Royal Masters have spoken and you are no longer allowed to speak ill of us, Your Betters.

In fact, because you have displeased us with your impertinence, I sentence you to death. Law Enforcement Officer - execute this uppity serf!

Lord Obamessiah

reply to post by Retseh

The guys were breaking the law. Pure and simple. It's also not a far stretch to believe a bunch of rednecks were using it as an anti-government training camp.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
here we go again one man is now a militia, wtf the ignorance the sheeple swallow everyday is just rediculous just another reason to take away our guns cause we might use em.oooohhh oh no there shooting their guns in a gun range, there now home grown terrorist cells.

this and the Washington shooting will all be pumped full of bs to convince the idiotic populace that guns are bad and only the govt should have em.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I agree that the negative connotation the word 'militia' carries is most likely because of the Oklahoma City Bombing
but when you think about it it doesn't make much sense.

It's like they needed to give militia's a bad rep YET AT THE SAME TIME needed the 'lone whacko' stigma for Timothy McVeigh...

The idea of a militia comprised of a lone whacko is quite a stretch, but I guess somehow it worked?

Are we to believe that country lovin' rednecks gladly bomb daycare centers?
I don't buy it. I wonder if someone has any success stories of militias protecting the people, or neighborhood crime watch collectives, something akin to Patriot Guard Riders who prevent the Westboro Baptist Church from painfully ruining US Soldiers funerals:

Maybe we should collect stories like these in a thread to counter the militia bashing and 'homegrown terrorist' ideas being propagated?

Oh and the guy just came from prison huh? Did anyone from the firing range even know this potential plant? Does he have a confirmed history or is it just the prison story?

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Psynarchist]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Champagne

Definitely and the way I post most of the time I should by now be questioned by the FBI, CIA and Homeland of the deception.

But I think they are having more fun taping my phone and Internet connection.

Hail Hitler!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 10-6-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
im sure any one who post majorly on this site has already been looked into and is prolly has had there internet ip address watched

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

It's also not a far stretch to believe a bunch of rednecks were using it as an anti-government training camp.

What EXACTLY is an anti-government training camp?

I am very curious as to what they think was actually going on there. Did they have mock-ups of buses, airplanes, and buildings? Where they being trained in the use of explosives? Were they doing any illegal training? If so, what kind?

Your definition seems rather vague to me. Please explain further.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I dont understand the problem with silencers. Ive given great thought to this. I dont like hearing BOOOOM! everytime I shoot. I rather it not be that loud. So why is it such a big deal someone has one? Its like they think theyre arresting drug dealers when they find them. So how did they get all illegal and stuff?

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Memysabu]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by xman_in_blackx

It's also not a far stretch to believe a bunch of rednecks were using it as an anti-government training camp.

What EXACTLY is an anti-government training camp?

I am very curious as to what they think was actually going on there. Did they have mock-ups of buses, airplanes, and buildings? Where they being trained in the use of explosives? Were they doing any illegal training? If so, what kind?

Your definition seems rather vague to me. Please explain further.

I don't have a definition. Just as i'm not inclined to 100% believe anything authority tells me, i'm also not 100% inclined to believe anything anyone else tells me either.

Too many people get hot and bothered when they see an article like this. It makes them tingle with glee to think "Oh, we busted them oppressing us again" without any regard what so ever to "Maybe they really WERE doing something wrong"

Maybe they were
Maybe they weren't

All im saying is "it's not a far stretch to believe they were indeed doing something they should not have been doing"

OJ said he was innocent
Common sense and evidence said he is guilty

but look who won?

Don't believe everything you hear. Just because info comes from a typically unreliable source, doesn't mean that it is, in fact, unreliable.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
what does the term "militia" mean?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Memysabu
I dont understand the problem with silencers. Ive given great thought to this. I dont like hearing BOOOOM! everytime I shoot. I rather it not be that loud. So why is it such a big deal someone has one? Its like they think theyre arresting drug dealers when they find them. So how did they get all illegal and stuff?

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Memysabu]

The PTB want to make sure if anyone hears the' Big Boom' that they call the cops and get the lawyers involved. They don't want you to be quiet when they want to know what your doing. You might be offing one of their buddies so they think everyone should be licensed to own one. It's just another 'bayonet lug be bad on a rifle' type thing.

ZIndo

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
So next time I'm at the range I wont complain about the debt the nations in lest I be hauled off by federal agents.

I dont like my taxation. I guess I'm a sovereign citizen extremist. I have a couple of friends who like to go to the range and many of our troubles are the same and generally directly related to the federal government and it's ruckus behavior. I guess we're a militia. I have more than one gun. I guess it's an arsenal. I do calisthenics in the morning. I must be "training."

That describes about 80% of New Hampshire. I'm surprised the fed hasnt demanded we remove that extremist, hatred-inciting phrase from out license plates, Live Free or Die.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

______

that being said, during this time period it was the duty was every able bodied male to ensure the security of a free state. they were called the militia

what does a free state mean? state, federal rights? where are the guidelines?

the "security" of a free state.

now the national guard is being labled as the "militia". unfortunately it has become federalized in many instances. this was never meant to be.

every able bodied male. i think that should include women too.

a good site on the constitution and what exactly the militia is and is not.

www.constitution.org...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Well I for one think this is bogus. Lets remember shall we that BBC broadcaster and interveiwer Louis Theroux visited an ENTIRE TOWN in the south of USA, which was populated virtualy exclusively by Neo Nazi crazies, all of whom own firearms, and regularly meet to discuss the most effective methods of hating the crap out of people . Within the towns colourful and diverse (chokes on irony) populus are a set of twin girls, who are attempting to gain stardom by singing cute lil songs with themes ranging from race hate and how much fun it apparantly is, and how much they hate blacks/jews/muslims/people who speak a different language to them/people who wear interesting hats...So basicaly they sing sweet hate songs and think its normal.
If the US government hasnt seen fit to wipe that filth off the map for reasons of moral solidarity , then I can not see how they can justify calling "MILITIA!" on one dude, and some buddies he happens to go shooting with .

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

which town are you referring to truebrit?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Memysabu

Suppressors are under strict regulation because people are morons and have these "assassin" fantasies that all across the nation people are being murdered in their sleep by some evil version of Batman which is just not the reality of suppressors. Never has been. Even if it were these magic gun-slinging ninjas wouldn't be abiding by any laws anyway.

Suppressors keep the noise down (not eliminated) and are great for indoor ranges or for shooting on your own property when you have irritable neighbors who cant stand your firing a few sight-in shots on a Saturday afternoon but allow their teenage kid to blare music out of his bedroom and across the the block at 2AM.

Suppressors are regulated as they are because the people writing the laws are morons and the people voting these morons in suffer from severe developmental challenges.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Psynarchist

thanks for your post and the video you found. i salute these guys. i also suspect like yourself, there are many plants. some have probably been there for years.

sad.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by miasria

I cannot remember the towns name. The program in which it featured was on some years ago now, and I have drunk a lot of rum since it was last repeated . In fact , if you happen to stumble across the name of the place , please let me know !

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
So, I'm missing something here. What right does the FBI have to investigate a militia group? In our constitution, it clearly states, "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

So, how can they investigate a militia? Individuals within a militia? Sure. But not the group itself.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join