It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI investigating alleged militia training camp

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

FBI investigating alleged militia training camp

www.komonews.com

MONROE, Wash. -- Special federal agents are investigating a local gun range suspected of serving as a militia training camp, according to court documents.
Owner Jim Faire says he can't afford to run a background check on every visitor because his outdoor gun range is a nonprofit business. As a result, he said, county officials and the FBI have begun cracking down on the range after a convicted felon was caught with guns and drugs there.

With thousands of shells littered across the ground, the gun range is now closed. Neighbors are glad to have the quiet, but they never suspected anythin
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
And so it begins.

In case anyone didn't think that that Napolitano's brief about "militia groups" would actually result in anything, well guess what, it seems that someone at the FBI actually took it seriously, and they have duly gone out in their black SUVs and found themselves a "militia man" who has been duly arrested and charged with firearms offences.

They didn't stop there however, as they are now investigating his local shooting range and anyone who shot there, obviously a hot spot for other militia members, possibly a major recruiting center, puhlease.

Dissatisfied with the negligible number of foreign terrorists attacking us, our homeland defence goons are now busy trying to label as many people as "American Terrorists" as possible. They need to justify those big department budgets after all.

To qualify as a suspect, you only need to own a gun and say bad things about the Obamanaut.

A REAL conspiracy for you.

www.komonews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Will this lead to survivalists being tarred with the same brush i wonder?

If theres a few of you that belong to the same club, and you are into preparedness of any sort, will they call you a militia too?

I know there was more too it with this guy, what with the drugs and illegal firearms, but if it was known to be a militia training camp, why hasn't it been closed down before?

Aren't you allowed militias there anyway?

CX.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
How does one guy justify the word militia?

I understand the guy's in trouble because he had unregistered silencers, that's serious.

But how is that gun range a militia training camp?

What a joke!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
It becomes an even bigger joke when you see the photos of the "militia training camp".

It's your typical US backyard range complete with broken chairs, a lopsided sun shade, and rickety wooden target holders.

Seen at least a hundred just like it all over the country - them darn terrorists are everywhere I tells ya.

Fox News were of course busily showing footage of spent cartridge cases
on the morning disinformation channel.

People violate firearms regs everyday, chop the bayonet off a Yugo SKS (10 years in jail), take an inch off the barrel of a Remington 870, put a stock on a Sig556 pistol etc etc.

That makes you a victim of our overly complex and poorly drafted regulations, but it doesn't make you a militia member, and it certainly doesn't make your buddies at the local range militia members either.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
They need to crack down on these Muslim Terrorist training camps that keep popping up everywhere!

Oh thats right.....its not PC to actualyl target your enemy.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
A new excuse to start shutting down gun ranges???

A new excuse to try to take people guns away?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by bismarcksea

I am ALL for what you said, really...

I read the article and no where did it mention it was a muslim militia/terrorist group.

From reading the article, i got it was a US milita group referenced, but I may be wrong.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Undoubtedly. I think they will take a hint from religious teachings...'wherever two or more are gathered..'

A conspiracy takes more than one, but not more than two.

I think we better come up with a good way to communicate.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Uh oh, now they're calling the man they arrested a "sucessionist"

www.seattlepi.com...

Prosecutors also contend that Gray, 32, has long-standing ties to the sovereign citizen movement, in which adherents believe state and federal law do not apply to them. Through his attorney, Gray has denied membership in any such group; that claim, though, seems to be at odds with a letter sent to the court on Gray's behalf from a leader in a Snohomish County secessionist movement.

Who knows, maybe this guy Andrew Gray, was a serious threat.
Or maybe it was a power move by the Government to send a message.

"Regardless of the label applied or the specific form their ideology takes, their ideology fundamentally rests on the belief that the federal courts, federal law, and ultimately the federal government and all of its agencies have no legal authority to impose their will upon a 'sovereign citizen,'" the FBI special agent heading the case said in court documents.

Oh, so it's ok for the Federal Government to impose their will anytime they desire?

As a ethical man, I never "impose my will" upon anyone....but that's just me.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The harder they press their boots into our necks, the harder we will push back and more of us will join. It's the rule's of survival and this government has forgotten that fact!

Zindo

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
As the government corruption goes rampant so the scare that people will wake up and see what our system of government has become.

So in order to step on any insurrection within citizens rights to retaliate against a government that doesn't work for the people anymore, they going after the small low life so then the government can find excuses to pass more laws to suppress peoples right to challenge government with targeting posible homegrow terrorist.

Right now in my neck of the woods gun shops can not hold guns anymore due to the high demand for arms and amunition.

The same way that we know this, so the government and they are becoming very afraid of why citizens are finding an urgency to arm themeselves.

Plain and simple.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Awesome to see this on ATS! I live near there and have fired my 30-06 and P229 there a couple times. That's no militia. There is no militia here in WA really. I wish there was.

Sucks they are shutting Faire's range down. Free ranges to shoot my handguns and high powered rifles are hard to come by. But then again I can always just go up to the peninsula anywhere in the forrest a couple miles deep and be left alone.

This story is propaganda at it's best. Again, that is no militia.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Ciphor]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by becomingaware

Uh oh, now they're calling the man they arrested a "sucessionist"

Half the country is part of a secessionist movement right now! 30-something states have legislature either approved or pending that would give them the option of secession. Are the state governments, or the entirety of those states now on some list?

Here in N. Florida, our gun ranges are sponsored by the county, and they are on National Forest land directly behind the airport no less!

The ground is of course littered with shells and brass, the restroom and street sign are shot up, and at any time you will find between 3 and 10 4x4 trucks in the grass parking lot alongside Cadillacs, and Hybrids.

Now we are starting to see Martyrs! If the government continues to single out people and trust the MSM to make it look justified, they must not have learned anything in Iraq or Afghanistan. Each of these cases solidifies the populace against them. Even their own law enforcement and military has started the "Oathkeeper" movement, because things are so blatantly upside-down!

[edit on 10-6-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Thankfuly Ga is one of those states that still respect and enforce the rights of citizens to bear arms, at a state level.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
See...this is how our constitutional rights get stripped....the feds are looking at militias again...and theirs nothing illegal about them. In fact, during the revolutionary war, american armys WERE militias!!! What is the feds problem with militias? Apparently people exorcising hier freedom of choice and rights is a threat to the FED..thiers yuor answer folks..

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Oh don't get me wrong. I recently took a new aquisition to the range on Sunday, after a really large gun show. I was happy to see a "Libertarian" Exhibtor there as well.

I was just pointing out the new label the media has appointed Gray.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
See...this is how our constitutional rights get stripped....the feds are looking at militias again...and theirs nothing illegal about them. In fact, during the revolutionary war, american armys WERE militias!!! What is the feds problem with militias? Apparently people exorcising hier freedom of choice and rights is a threat to the FED..thiers yuor answer folks..

The more and more I see this, the more I think Timothy McVeigh was a plant! Militia's were not thought of nearly as bad before OKC. In fact, they were well-tolerated and many law-enforcement officers were members (probably still are).

Militias, Biker Gangs, Urban Gangs, Mafia, Masons and other well-organized groups are looking like the only viable options to a resistance. I am personally glad these fringe elements exist! I don't always agree with their methods, or their sources of income, but they are certainly no worse than our Federal Government, they are up-front about their intentions, and they all have a sense of honor and responsibility that our public servants are lacking!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

People like the OP make me giggle:

preemptive actions get ridiculed. Then in other situations, they think they can monday morning quarterback a situation (take 9/11 for example) and say the govt should have been more preemptive.

Face it. You're never going to be happy.

The guys were breaking the law. Pure and simple. It's also not a far stretch to believe a bunch of rednecks were using it as an anti-government training camp.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

According to court documents, agents say Gray has a history with anti-government groups.

Ok........couldn't ATS be labelled as an 'anti-government group'??

Who knows, maybe this guy Andrew Gray, was a serious threat.
Or maybe it was a power move by the Government to send a message.

Gray could be a serious threat. My concern is then focusing on the gun range & it's owner!! Unfortunately, the masses of stupid people out ther will believe all the BS the media is saying about all this and really believe that all us 'anti-government' people are a threat to society. What a crock!! Just to get the masses into fear of the very people who actually support our Constitution!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join