It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would we "Contact Aliens"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
In the future when mankind has mastered space flight and we discover a planet with life on it (life as intelligent as humans are today) how do you think we would approach the situation?

Here are my thoughts.

1. Send in unmanned craft to scout out the planet (most habitated areas etc)
2. Try and get a alien to medically study.
3. Contact the main goverment, leader (If they have goverments)

Sounds exactly like ET are doing to us over the last 50 or so years

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
In the future when mankind has mastered space flight and we discover a planet with life on it (life as intelligent as humans are today) how do you think we would approach the situation?

Interesting!

It would all depend on one thing. What would I want?

• Control/Dominance/Expansion
• The Planet
• Messages of peace

In the aspect of “Control/Dominance/Expansion” then it would be a case of infiltration, destruction of their society from within, have them fight amongst themselves so I go in as a savior, before I let them allow me to take over with little fuss.

The Planet? Evaluate their technological advancements. If it is similar or close enough, move away and discover a secondary planet. No point in starting a war so far from home. Never works. If its inferior, then go in with force and neutralise their weapons and any and all methods of resistance

Small presentations to small groups. Be friendly and use simple terms. Before moving onto slightly larger and larger groups.
Be honest though, this would never be an option for us! Nice idea, but not going to happen

join