It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 10-year-old girl has been arrested and charged with assault after she got into a fight with her ol

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I really can't help but to post this. Two sisters got in a fight at a park, went home and then the police show up and arrest the 10 year old and charge her with assault. Are you SNIPPED kidding me? Jesus what have we become? Why would the police be involved in this at all?

I grew up with four brothers, and we constantly fought each other. I threw a brick at my older brother one time and hit him sending him to the emergency room. I would have spent most of my teen years in juvie if this would have been the policy when I was a youngster.

I'm so glad I did not grow up in this era of a police state!

Link to Article!

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Mudman21]

Mod Edit - Please do not evade the automatic censors

[edit on 10/6/09 by neformore]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
To control rather than serve I'm afraid.

The UK is the same (if not worse) - it's apprently ok to waterboard suspects by the police but not to drop litter or ride a bike above 10 mph

Peace!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
If a kid that age causes injuries in a fight an arrest is a good idea to keep it from happening again. Let her get away with it and what will happen next time? Something tells me this is not the first problem they have had with this kid.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Mudman21

Not to make light of the situation, but I have told my children I would report them to the police if they didn't stop fighting .

But Of course I wouldn't, I just needed something to bring order to chaos in my house. It's a good scare tactic. But, what I really think must've happened is an unwitting stranger had no clue about the two being sisters and thought it was playground bully stuff and called the police because he/she didn't know the girls parents or any vital information and called in because they feared the child being killed by a bully(which, in case you haven't noticed is a growing problem). Just this month two or three boys here were bullying a child at school for the entire school year, it progressed to a point where they molested this child with a few items available. Here's the article:

4 teens charged as adults in alleged sex assaults on boy
Authorities in Tampa, Fla., have charged four teenage boys -- the eldest 15 -- as adults on allegations that they sexually assaulted a 13-year-old boy

Prosecutors say the boys raped the victim multiple times with a broomstick and a hockey stick over a two-month period.

The attacks took place in a locker room at their middle school, authorities said. Prosecutors said the four teens admitted assaulting the boy when they were questioned by school officials.
Here's the link to this story:
startelegram.typepad.com...

It's sad, and with this fresh in the individual's mind I am sure you can understand why this has occured. Better safe than sorry, is that not true. I know I'd want a good sumeritan to call if they saw my kid getting roughed up by somebody especially if they didn't know they were sisters, In fact, it would be a good lesson for the girl!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
How serious was the fight? Both girls had VISIBLE INJURIES.
Where the heck was Mom when all this was going on?
I think it far fetched to arrest and charge a ten year old...BUT..there should be some type of counseling that goes on in this home, anger management, and parenting skills for starters.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
And I don't know about you all...but those boys who raped the other kid should go away for a long long time

If this scuff turns into a brawl and injuries are abound then something has to be done. Some kids...and please note I say some...are way out of control. The parents didn't discipline them or it was unnaffective or whatever but are we to just never punish?

-Kyo

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
There is many a person in the world who wished that they had had some peace in their childhood and teen years because someone had taken seriously the physical abuse they put up with from their sibling.

Parents and other adults who Poo-Poo the fact that Little Johny and Sue beat the living crap out of their siblings as "normal" need to see a shrink.

[edit on 2009/6/10 by Aeons]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
She shouldn't have been formally arrested. Calling her Mom should be enough...
Why give a 10 year old little girl a police record? I am becoming increasingly disgusted with some of the things that now go on in this country.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Another missuse of power by the police.
Can't beleive they actually arrested her. Kids need to fight and wrestle to develope basic survilla skills. All kids fight once in a while , its good for them. I was in a couple and I turned out just fine and dandy. The idea of calling the cops everytime something is wrong is just folding to the police state. I remember not to long ago how much better it was before the "Sue happy Lawyers" and the Martial law police state mentallity.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman
If a kid that age causes injuries in a fight an arrest is a good idea to keep it from happening again. Let her get away with it and what will happen next time? Something tells me this is not the first problem they have had with this kid.

What kind of nonsense is this? We don't need police officers disciplining children with traumatic legal procedures and criminal records for normal childhood things. This is extremely fascist and must be stopped. I would be dealing with the cops, the criminal system including the judge, all the way up to the politicians involved in such "directions", not once mind you. I'd refire the cannon of justice, loudly, with bullhorns and much public pot stirring until they were all eating humble pie and the system reversed. You see, these the moments you have to topple the fascism in, these are the very moments, when these ludicrous things pop up. This is when you DRAW THE LINE AND MAKE IT AN ISSUE YOU WON"T BACK DOWN ON; EVEN IF THE SUPREME COURT FAILS YOU REFIRE THE CANNON OVER AND OVER TILL YOU, AND THE PEOPLE WIN.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Well, firstly, if the law and passed laws regulating the parent's right to discipline their children years ago, this wouldn't even be an issue. No, this is certainly a result of the whole "play psychology" with your child disciplinary principles at work.

Secondly, how in the hell are you going to take a ten year old to jail? It's all rather sickening to me. They took the right of the parent to spank their children away years ago; now they want to try to legislate discipline. It doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Where the heck was Mom when all this was going on?

The girls were 10... In all honesty if my parents could locate me at all times when I was 10 I would of had to of made sure they couldn't... Which would of then put me in danger, I was pretty creative and a bit of an explorer.

There is very little to go on from the article, and it is from abc, 10 year olds can do damage especially to each other. Shame one of them is now probably a criminal - took me till I was about 18 to get my first offence and that was a minor one (I think I'm on 3 now, but never stole or hurt a soul, well not ever hurt a soul that was not intent on hurting another)

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Did someone turn the kid in? If they did then the police have to arrest as it no longer becomes a matter of choice

-Kyo

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Well, firstly, if the law and passed laws regulating the parent's right to discipline their children years ago, this wouldn't even be an issue. No, this is certainly a result of the whole "play psychology" with your child disciplinary principles at work.

Secondly, how in the hell are you going to take a ten year old to jail? It's all rather sickening to me. They took the right of the parent to spank their children away years ago; now they want to try to legislate discipline. It doesn't make sense to me.

I agree. They took parental discipline away and turned our children into people who think they can bully and abuse and shoot each other!!!! But, I am on the fence with this one also, because, abuse can and does happen...there will always be people who take it too far, so how much is enough? How much is too much? These are difficult questions to answer.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero
Did someone turn the kid in? If they did then the police have to arrest as it no longer becomes a matter of choice

-Kyo

People at the park saw the fight and called the police. It says in the article that state law requires them to take action.

If state law requires them to take action then they have to take action. I don't see the reason to turn this into another cop bashing thread.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
So the cops were called?

Well then...if the cops were called they have to act. Why not take the cops out of this one shall we? By law when the call was made they had to act.

-Kyo

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Could you, in the future, please use the exact title from said news article?!?!? It helps with searching before others post same topics.

Thanks....

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Good God I know! I saw this and was like " Um siblings fight... it's normal"
Ridiculous! What a waste of tax payer dollars IMO.

Give me a name of anybody who has siblings and claim to have never had a tiff and I will say shenanigans on you!
I have 3 sisters and one of them isn't happy unless she's having a tiff with one of us cause she's a drama queen...should I call the cops and have her arrested?

[edit on 11-6-2009 by sugarmonkey]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I fought with my older brother all the time...until I got too big and started kicking his arse! lol.

It's part of growing up and natural.

Another example of the overpowering, PC brigade and nanny state.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Someone witnessed the fight at a Flower Mound park and contacted police.
There is your problem right there, do gooder dibber dobbers with nothing better to do.
Yet when its something serious, they wont try and help they will walk away.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join