It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iPlant Brain Implant Advocated For Self-Improvement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
The iPlant is an implant that you put in your brain for self improvement. They gave it a name that will appeal to the younger generation.

Here's some of the article.

The iPlant is a type of brain implant advocated as a means of programming yourself. The idea is that an iPlant would be similar to today's deep brain stimulation implants. The iPlant would electronically regulate the release of monoamines in the brain. Monoamines effectively determine motivation, mood, learning and creativity.

This kind of implant has been used in animal research since 1991 to force rats to repeat particular behaviors, for example, to run on treadmills.

The neuroanatomy of reward is very well known. A small group of nerve cells in the midbrain, when stimulated, release dopamine throughout the entire prefrontal cortex, which is our decision generator. Deep brain stimulation to control reward would be very similar to its application against Parkinson’s disease, in which dopamine signalling is impaired, leading to symptoms of the motor system. Thus, the technology is tried and tested in humans.

So, this implant will keep you motivated in everything you do. If you want motivation to excercise or to learn a new language, hit the stimulator.

www.technovelgy.com...

A brave new world.

Here's a video also:

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Matrix Rising]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Humans are becoming so lazy that they don't want to even motivate themselves anymore? No, no need for that, just get an iPlant! This is pure insanity to me. Maybe there are reasons for feeling unmotivated, there are probably reasons for procrastination as well. There's going to be a lot of people whose minds tell them "hey, you need to slow down" and they'll just ignore it and use their self improvement button. This is encouraging human beings to treat themselves like machines.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Well lets all hope parents who molest their children never get their hands on this.

second line.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Look at the world we live in today.
We have the 'get rich quick' and the 'easy lifestyle is yours' mentality these days, We are bombarded with easy this and fast that, it teaches us to think that to be successful we need to think smart.
Now look at the other sides we have our food is quick and easy , Maccyd's or BK's , KFC and pizza hut in every town in every city, all our supermarket food is processed to be fast cooked. They all have additives and preservatives which do not bond well with our metabolisms hence the 'obesity' crisis we are experiencing in the world.
The poisons in our food and water make us lethargic and lazy, but still we are bombarded with the advertising as I said earlier, so we're in a catch22 situation .

We WANT to be learning new things but we can't be bothered as our bodies are lazy and our minds addled with aspartame and other such cr*p.

So TPTB devise a device we can simply plug into our brains , to 'help' learning and motivation, but all it will be is another device to control the population, after youve fleeced their pockets as they scramble for the next new musthave gadget.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Good points.

This is crazy but it's obvious that several companies are looking for the right angle to introduce some sort of brain chip and make it popular.

They are going for the young demographic. You can tell by the name and you tube clip.

There website slogan is "Program Yourself."

www.iplant.eu...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
No - it will keep you rewarded for doing whatever you do.

That's different than being motivated.

I hook up myself and sit at home being rewarded for doing nothing. Push that button again baby.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

That's exactly what I see it being used for...a way to feel good about doing nothing.

As well...I think that there would also be the capacity for abuse from an outside party. The horror if someone convinced someone else to get one of these implants and then found a way to use it for his own unimplanted needs.

Domestic slavery anyone?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I recall an experiment with mice that involved having a button that released food, and a button that triggered an implant to give them an orgasm.

The mice starved to death.

.... I am trying to locate a source for this study.... but Google is turning up some interesting - and some absolutely bizarre - results for a search on keywords for that study.

Anyway - I think that experiment exemplifies the dangers of 'satisfaction implants.'

new topics

top topics

join