How we are Conditioned to act without Reason *Video* Must See*

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+56 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
A great video that is pretty much self explanatory! A mere minute and fifty-five seconds of the breakdown of mass conditioning without using facts or reasoning. I think we can all apply what we see here to how people act and respond to certain circumstances. A Must See in my book!

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10 Jun 09 by Gools]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I have to wonder if any scientific evidence has been done of this, but let's say this is true 100%

This would explain religion out the door and into a cab!

Also explain Dem, Rep into the same cab!

The damage comes from each other, same as Michio kaku talks about, he who speaks of UFOs finds themselves in full force of the giggle factor!

It's what has always been done and will always continue to happen.

I really liked this video, neat find!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

It's what has always been done and will always continue to happen.

I really liked this video, neat find!!!

I agree, after watching this video a little light went on and all the sudden the world made a little more sense to me, just wanted to share with the rest of you......

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Thank you very very much for sharing. How simple it is. S&F

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I've searched and searched, but I can't find any sources that indicate this "experiment" is anything other than a fable.

Perhaps some monkey would wait until the others are asleep then grab the banana. Or the banana would rot and none of them would want it. Monkeys aren't stupid; the do self-assert and try creative things.

This video is junk pseudo-science, that attempts to dress up a perhaps-valid point as a basic law of behavioral psychology. In fact, the anecdote is the kind of disinformation it tries to exemplify - accepting authority opinion without validation.

+30 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
I've searched and searched, but I can't find any sources that indicate this "experiment" is anything other than a fable.

Perhaps some monkey would wait until the others are asleep then grab the banana. Or the banana would rot and none of them would want it. Monkeys aren't stupid; the do self-assert and try creative things.

This video is junk pseudo-science, that attempts to dress up a perhaps-valid point as a basic law of behavioral psychology. In fact, the anecdote is the kind of disinformation it tries to exemplify - accepting authority opinion without validation.

Except for the fact that the video does not claim it is the truth, nor enforces it upon you - simply presents it as an anecdote as you have clearly indicated yet chosen to ignore as you chastise it for claims of scientific rigour - which the video never claims yet you attempt to discredit the video for making such claims which only you claim - ironic how your own post has clearly indicated demonstrated the validity of the videos arguments through your won attempts to discredit it - wow - cool.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by imeddieone4202003

Very thought provoking...I can see this happening everyday..

Thanks for the video..

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by audas

Huh? I was just pointing out that I could find no evidence that monkeys actually do what this video describes. And that the fable seems a little too convenient, like it's contrived to show a point.

Humans probably act that way, however.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

This would explain religion out the door and into a cab!

What we have here is a perfect example of the "5 monkey" experiment in action. "The Way" is mostly maligned by "5 Monkey Types" who do not know the true teachings of Yahushua.

"Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do. (Luke 23:34)"................. they are conditioned "Monkeys".

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Yeah, its a real study:

Cultural acquisition of a specific learned response among rhesus monkeys.
Stephenson, G. R. (1967)

Social Transmission of Acquired Behavior: A Discussion of Tradition and Social Learning in Vertebrates.
Galef, B. G., Jr.

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
"How we are CONDITIONED to act without Reason *Video* Must See*"

Ironic title.

The reason I am replying is that the video doesn't work for me. Is this reasonable?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick
Yeah, its a real study:

Cultural acquisition of a specific learned response among rhesus monkeys.
Stephenson, G. R. (1967)

Social Transmission of Acquired Behavior: A Discussion of Tradition and Social Learning in Vertebrates.
Galef, B. G., Jr.

-Edrick

Sorry but this is a study into placing food for monkey in a similar position regularly - then switching the food to something un-palatable. The study showed short but not long term memories in monkeys.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

reply to post by audas

Huh? I was just pointing out that I could find no evidence that monkeys actually do what this video describes. And that the fable seems a little too convenient, like it's contrived to show a point.

Humans probably act that way, however.

The video only claims to be anecdotal - you ascribe a lack of scientific rigour where none is claimed. You can not draw the video into question for a lack of science when it claims none - hence the irony in your assumptions, the double irony in that your were attempting to draw ironic conclusions in due to itslack of scientific rigour - clear ?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Funny, I was just trying to explain this recently in a thread about the evolution of beliefs. At the start of the video, the monkeys knew and had a reason why they didn't go up the stairs. They were "gnostic" and had real understanding and knowledge. Those who followed were just made to accept what was given, they had no understanding.

Doesn't matter if it was an experiment or not IMO, you can see the same thing in society all the time.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by audas

No. I wasn't looking for 'rigor', just accuracy - and perhaps evidence thereof. I'm not using a narrow definition of 'science', simply the method of describing a situation and results that can be performed in a verifiable manner. The video does make such 'scientific' claims: it says "place five monkeys in a cage... they will...".

My opinion is that the learned group behavior theorized by the video is exemplified by many aspects of society, both human and animal. But making up (or extrapolating) a situation to exemplify it, and presenting it as what will happen, is dicey.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
In any event this video makes sense to me - even if it is not literally proof. My proof is in watching humans react on a day-to-day basis and I must say, this video is spot on!

I know that I cannot proof it, but this is my reality and the way I experience life.......

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Some people may see themselves represented in this demonstration. I don't. Never did. Which could be why I choose to be a loner. Because my early childhood involved relocation almost every year, I was always on the outside looking in. I never wanted to belong to any clique. I'm not one to follow along without asking questions first. I do realize that way too many people are comfortble in their position as followers, its too easy and comfortable to make waves.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
For those who can't view the video:

Highly Ironic Link Source

The Monkey Experiment, (or) “Why Do We Do That?”

Start with a cage containing five monkeys. Inside the cage, hang a banana on a string and place a set of stairs under it. Before long, a monkey will go to the stairs and start to climb towards the banana. As soon as he touches the stairs, all of the other monkeys are sprayed with cold water. After a while, another monkey makes an attempt with the same result, and all the other monkeys are sprayed with cold water. Pretty soon the monkeys will try to prevent it.

Now, put away the cold water. Remove one monkey from the cage and replace it with a new one. The new monkey sees the banana and wants to climb the stairs. To his surprise and horror, all the other monkeys attack him. After another attempt and attack, he knows that if he tries to climb the stairs he will be attacked.

Next, remove another of the original five monkeys and replace it with a new one. The newcomer goes to the stairs and is attacked. The previous newcomer takes part in the punishment with enthusiasm! Likewise, replace a third original monkey with a new one, then a fourth, then the fifth.

Every time the newest monkey takes to the stairs, he is attacked. Most of the monkeys that are beating him have no idea why they were not permitted to climb the stairs or why they are participating in the beating of the newest monkey. After replacing all the original monkeys, none of the remaining monkeys have ever been sprayed with cold water. Nevertheless, no monkey ever again approaches the stairs to try for the banana.

Why not? Because as far as they know, that’s the way it’s always been done around there.

[edit on 10/6/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

I must agree with you on this and I try not to follow the herd. I am not 100% sure if I am successful or not.......

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

reply to post by audas

No. I wasn't looking for 'rigor', just accuracy - and perhaps evidence thereof. I'm not using a narrow definition of 'science', simply the method of describing a situation and results that can be performed in a verifiable manner. The video does make such 'scientific' claims: it says "place five monkeys in a cage... they will...".

My opinion is that the learned group behavior theorized by the video is exemplified by many aspects of society, both human and animal. But making up (or extrapolating) a situation to exemplify it, and presenting it as what will happen, is dicey.

Absolutely not. The video at NO TIME made any claim to be scientific what so ever - you have ascribed this. Pure and simple.

You have simply surmised that the video was attempting to be scientific - however it was not and does not claim to be and absolutely IS NOT MEANT TO BE.

The irony comes exactly from this position you have erroneously adopted, that you have simply assumed this position and are completely mistaken and wrong -

I find it even more amusing, and ironic, that you are arguing from an untenable position as the evidence is sitting there at the top of the page - yet like the monkeys you persist with enforcing this position - when clearly it does not exist - monkey see monkey do - thats you !

Funny stuff -

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join