It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Lakes UFOs Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Two UFOs can be seen in this video. I am not sure what to make of them, but they are definitely strange. I can't identify them as anything I recognize or have seen in the past.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
That looks like 1 UFO to me. I think the change in rotation effects the luminosity of the left and right side.
But then again, I'm very new to this and could be wrong.

Good video!

EDIT: I just watched the video in its entirety. I see the second UFO now. Where is Great Lakes by the way?

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Ill_Eagle]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ill_Eagle

The Great Lakes are a series of massive lakes located centrally between the northern United States border and southern Canadian border.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I'm sure that's been posted previously, I think perhaps last year. If it is the video I'm thinking of, it was shown to be aircraft on approach to an airfield on the other side of the lake from which it was filmed.
If I get a few free minutes, I'll see if I can find the previous thread.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I usually see a sight like this every evening. the lights look like 2 approaching planes with landing lights on.

Of course if there are no airfields in the area then i have no idea what they could be.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Here's the thread. It's been labeled as a hoax. It's aircraft landing lights.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's a link to the Youtube video posted in 2007.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Sam60]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

Thanks for that link there. Another one down 4,999,999,998 to go. I think that surely the real one that no one has studied or seen yet is out there somewhere. I hope I can help everyone here find it.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

I think further analysis needs to be done here.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by NephraTari]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
wait a sec...if they are planes what are they doing flying over each other in the dark...for me if its not video editing..ufo's

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

I looked over the linked thread but I cannot find the post that proved this as a hoax. I am trying to understand how or why the planes would sit one over the other and stay that way for some time before one moves on.
It has to be artificially created.. or not an airplane. Airplanes don't stand still except for the Harrier. forgive me if I spelled that wrong.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
wait a sec...if they are planes what are they doing flying over each other in the dark...for me if its not video editing..ufo's

It's called piggy-back or a stacking formation. They usually do this when they are descending for landing at a busy airport.
I think this video has been discussed in length on anther thread some time ago.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
CBS attemped to show that footage back in 2007 but apearantly there was a problem part way into it and it had to be stopped.
Would CBS knowingly run a hoax ?
I doubt it.

Numerous sightings have been reported over, around and near each of the Great Lakes.
I live in Michigan. Believe me it is a hot bed of UFO activity here.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I looked through the other thread too, without any luck of finding evidence of it to be a hoax. That this "Frozen" dude got banned for posting a clip he believed in makes me worried, but from the look of the other thread he seems to have done some major post spamming with clearly hoaxed videos.

Anyway, what makes me wonder about this clip is:

Why would the AirTrafficTower allow 2 airplanes get so close to eachother during a landing when they need to be so far away in mid air?

From what I know, they never let 2 planes this close, and ESPECIALLY during landing and take off. Or am I totally wrong here? I am not an expert on this matter. But it seem odd.

It could ofc be airplanes, it sure looks like it. But I am not convinced....yet.
Also because the hovering. I understand that it would look like it's hovering when it approaches YOU, and that if would look like it starts moving when it turns and goes the other way. but here is my BUT: shouldn't the lights dimmer out as it does on the other "plane" when it banks??

Oh well. This case has been decleared as a hoax, and I for one am not willing to go against it and start a rebellion over that..haha.

But this is my 2 cents.
And now...on to the next thread.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The lights on the craft are commensurate with port and starboard wing lights of military aircraft. Military aircraft often fly within mere feet of each other and their proximity or maneuvering in that manner are not unusual.

As far as them "hovering" keep in mind the average size of any of the Great Lakes, including Lake St. Clair. During the two plus minutes that was filmed the aircraft would not have travelled that far if at regular cruising speed especially given lack of depth perception over long distances over water in clear skies.

Assuming that the "hovering" aircraft was flying away from the camera on a close tangent it's aspect would have appeared to remain the same giving the appearance of hovering.

I speculate given the number of ANG bases in the area that these are merely military jets. Perhaps given their apparent distance, a tanker and another jet practicing refueling rendezvous.

Just my two cents as an informed observer. If you want to see the same thing every night, move near a Air Force base or Naval Air Station.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

I hope I haven't got that wrong - it can be difficult to take in all the info from such long & sometimes multiple threads.
I was of the firm impression it was called as a hoax because the observer knew it was planes on approach to an airport/airfield, but kept trying to push the UFO angle.
I'll try to find time to look at that again in more detail.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

I just had another read through several pages of that thread. The link below takes you to where Springer has made some strong comments including:

"My personal belief is this video is simply airliners on approach to Hopkins or one of the several airports in and around Eastlake, Ohio. That's just my personal belief based on the preponderance of evidence given here in this very thread and the opinions of people who know a HECK of alot MORE than I do."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The concensus appears to be the observer was pushing the UFO angle, when he knew the lights were aircraft on approach to an airfield/airport.

new topics

top topics

join