It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kaguya to be Flown into moon - ON PURPOSE

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by danj3ris
reply to post by ngchunter

It still does bother me however that it costs x amount of monies to create something capable of floating around space, and then its supposed to be demolished? It doesn't sit right with me, but I'm not a rocket scientist.

Think about it: What would be the other options?
Bring it back: That would require as much energy as it took to get it up there, making the probe a *lot* more expensive
Bring it back... why?: It just orbited the moon. It doesnt have anything on board we can't get our hands on down here (cheaper and with a much shorter delivery route than moon-earth).
And: as essan pointed out: we can get information out of the crash.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
what if this whole crash story is a cover up so that they can launch a rover to explore the secrets of the moon?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Then the Japanese have the ability to build one hell of a rover... One that can take a 16,000 mph impact.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

it could have been launched before impact using the same methods as the mars rovers. ie. balloon type wrapping

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

The mars rovers depended on a large amount of aerodynamic braking using the martian atmosphere before the airbag hit the ground; even airbags can't withstand an impact measured in kilometers per second. There's no air on the moon to brake with, and if braking of any kind occured we wouldn't see the probe hit the moon in the correct location or time.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by ngchunter]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join