It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wars worth fighting (So how come we're not?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
1) War on space travel - Let's build a great big space ship or how about a bunch. This would provide millions of jobs. There's probably hostile aliens out there. Military folks will love that.

2) War on the environment - Again millions of jobs created. Clean air, water and food. We need that, duh.

3) War on 40+ hour work weeks - Why aren't people working 20 hours a week? We'd have twice as many jobs to go around if we split the jobs that we have now in two. Less stress, better quality of life?

4) War on free energy - Are the power elite really enjoying there wars over power, money and fossil fuels? Let's tap the mantle for geo-thermal energy. It should be an easy transition for the hydro-carbon folks.

5) War on greedy people - Maybe they won't mind so much, switching to a token based economy, especially if the economy goes into a tailspin. He who has the most useless tokens wins?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

1) Unless there is a great cold war, where space wars are needed it won't happen, remember we still only learn were countries are by going to war with them!

2) I believe their working on it, but it seems this causes more problems then answers to our own problems, and the transition would require us to sacrifice, instead of a smooth transition as if nothing changed.

3) This would require, pay raises exponentially, thus it'd be a strain, and there would be a middle class only type of situation, and a very low low, proportion for upper and lower class. Which would make it near impossible to achieve Upper class. And with less people working they would turn to alcohol and drugs to pass the time, we'd expect they'd spend time with family and kids, but be realistic. I work 70 hrs a week, and still have plenty of time to research, go to college full time, and have a great relationship with girls and friends.

4) I'm not to savvy on this, but it produces thoughts that seem, well cool.

5) We are all greedy, just some have alot of motivation and ambition, so they get what their greedy for! Your greedy, i'm greedy, it's genetic.
I know doctors in canada have a sort of token economy way, if they get a patient to quit smokin they get such and such, and so on and so forth, and this should be there, and they should be greedy to help people, but not greedy enough to force them to or lie cheat and steal (eddie gurreros favorite philosophy).

Hope this helped, I know your asking opinions, and you got one! Imagaine that, I also have a (((((((

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
What I don't get is how wars can be started and fought against countries like Iraq and Afghanistan, and yet there is nobody willing to stand up against the real dictators and tyrants of the world.

Why hasn't anyone invaded Zimbabwe and toppled Mugabe? (Hint... a severe lack of that black gold)

I would consider removing him a top priority. Not much (oil and gold) to gain from it I guess... except saving and improving the lives of a whole country.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Actually, the neo-con think tank known as PNAC, has already been pushing for space based weapon systems.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I've come to the conclusion that middle-class/blue collar people in "1st world" countries are too lazy due to the comforts they are allowed to enjoy for their labors. Why mess up a good thing. Shudder the thought of no mindless TV, 24 hour drive through fast food, manufactured music bands or trashy magazines to tell you you aren't good enough the way you are.

In exchange for having all those things people are willing to put up with being controlled, enslaved and told what to do and how to think.

sad really

new topics

top topics

join