It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the U.S. occupation of Iraq & Afghanistan actually an attempt to locate the garden of eden?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
The "center" of the earth is depicted in the Bible as Jerusalem, specifically the exact point where the Temple was and is going to be rebuilt.

I think you are onto something but it's not the Garden of Eden, although that would probably be a bonus. According to Scripture Babylon is going to be rebuilt and be the one world's HQ in the end times. Babylon was/is in modern day Iraq. Perhaps the elite controlling the US want a head start on getting that area ready for the coming rule. How could we have the end times with crazy Sadam in charge of the area where the one world govt has to be setup?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Can you imagine how insane it would seem if they set up a 1-world gvt in the Baghdad Green Zone or whatever instead of, say, London, New York, or Zurich?

Still, I've seen enough insanity to know that anything's possible...

I am not a Christian but I admit I find the whole end-times/mystery Bablyon stuff eerily close for comfort as well as fascinating in its own right...I was doing some reading on Zurvanism last week, which is a kind of gnostic version of Zoroastrianism that occured when the Persians (Zoroastrians) invaded and generally came into contact with the old Babylonian relgion (Marduk, Ishtar, Tiamat, etc...). Strange fruit. And that was around the time of the Babylonian Captivity of the Jews, too...there was a huge Jewish population in Babylon and that's when the Talmud got written. Lots of people speculate that all the Merkaba/Kabala stuff in Judaism comes from Zurvanism or other religious strains in the area like the "Chaldaean Magi" (Babylonian magic/astrology)...this might be the genesis of the idea of "Mystery Babylon." All the eclectic stuff from that era that got fused into the Judeo-Christian tradition, corrupting its supposed "purity" no doubt.

Interesting that this veritable goulash of colliding religious traditions corkscrewed off in a number of other directions as well...it probably provided the basis of the Roman cult of Mithras, as well as inputs on Manicheanism, which reached as far as South China...who knows what other forms and mutations it has undergone? Very mysterious area, lots of complex stuff blending together that we'll never understand because so much information has been lost. If only they'd never burned the Great Library at Alexandria...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

I am not a Christian but I admit I find the whole end-times/mystery Bablyon stuff eerily close for comfort as well as fascinating in its own right...

Very mysterious area, lots of complex stuff blending together that we'll never understand because so much information has been lost. If only they'd never burned the Great Library at Alexandria...

I've speculated before that when the bible mentions the East it is actually referring to the far east.

The three sovereigns of anchient China pre-date anchient Babylon.

Matthew 2:1
Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem

bibleresources.bible.com... 0&version4=0&version5=0&Submit.x=0&Submit.y=0

Are the three sovereigns actually a mythological reference to the three biblical magi?

The Three Sovereigns and Five Emperors were mythological rulers of China during the period from c. 2852 BC to 2205 BC, which is the time preceding the Xia Dynasty.

The Three Sovereigns, sometimes known as the Three August Ones, were said to be god-kings or demigods who used their magical powers to improve the lives of their people. Because of their lofty virtue, they lived to a great age and ruled over a period of great peace.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 10-6-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I've been thinking about this a lot lately too, but without the garden of Eden aspect.
We've spent a lot more time and money than is necessary in the middle east and obviously we were lied to and misled to get in there in the first place. It had nothing to do with anything that anyone did to us, so there has to be an explanation. Oil is the obvious answer, but then again, with a government who misleads us like ours does so often, that's the perfect loose end to let people chew on while you get down to business.
I would love to find out if there was something we were doing or looking for in Babylon. The idea of the powers that be trying to prepare for the return of something epic is pretty intriguing.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taskism

I would love to find out if there was something we were doing or looking for in Babylon. The idea of the powers that be trying to prepare for the return of something epic is pretty intriguing.

I do think that peak oil is part of the reason we are there, but I believe that oil is a ruse to cover the stage for something else that will occur soon.

World unification.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by In nothing we trust]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join