It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newsweek editor claims Obama is 'sort of God.'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

GOP 2012!!!

can anyone who uses the word "sheep" tell me the station that broadcasted this???

GEEEEEE

IRAQ for anyone?

Freedom fries + Allah Akbaaaaaar my self!!!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles

Just more proof that the sheeple have had their brains removed just because Obama has a nice smile and uses pretty words.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Byrd]

Might you be talking about Glen Beck???

Sounds to me he should change his middle name to H

and last to Christ...

Maybe their is more than one pen for the wooly ones?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Wow! If someone were to say "Obama = Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny or the boogey man" I couldn't care less because I don't believe in these characters. I know that a LOT of people do, but why should that upset me? I'll bet a lot of people jumping up and down about this don't even believe in God.

Meh - save your energy for something concrete that isn't just an opinion.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ikimasu

Poor phrasing, but that's all. The point being made is that Obama's rising above nationalism. Which I suppose is scary enough for those on the right who want an isolated military theocracy between Canada and Mexico. "God" was clearly used in the metaphorical sense. "Colossus" would have been more apropos for the sentiment being expressed, but, well, he was counting on illiterate people watching hte show.

Apparently he was right.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Obama does seem like a messianic leader. However it's if he rises three days after his assassination that we should worry.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

The cult of personality is clearly at work. People are forgetting that this man is the president. Its not surprising the ease with which the uninformed msm masses are manipulated and swayed. People eat up the msm crap like its caviar, just wait till the president appoints a media czar. Another frightening prospect could be a move towards politics as religion, can you say fascism? Its hard to say exactly what is at work, whatever it may be its frightening. People are to busy being enamored by words, remember Hitler was an excellent speaker also.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Yes, and Hitler was also a crazed lunatic who was inspired by Satan who has been trying to bring about the NWO since the dawn of time and the hunter Nimrod. Now it's the 21st century. Use your imagination. I wouldn't go calling him ANTI CHRIST just yet.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by open_eyeballs

I think you have a few problems going on here.

1) you recieve glenn becks email..nuff said.

2) you are giving credence to Newsweek?

Is this a promo thread?

I was not going to respond to this thread, but the extreme irony of this post by someone using the name "open eyeballs" drug me in
Just kidding open eyeballs, really

I must have seen the video of this conversation at least three times last night as I surfed through the various news programs. Each time I watched it closer and the audio does not do it justice. They were nearly swooning. At first I thought it was tongue in cheek but realized it was not.

I now feel a tingle going up my leg

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I hope this finally shuts up those people who run around saying - 'only conservatives who don't like Obama claim that liberals think he's a 'messiah' ... The conservatives are the only ones using these terms.'

Sorry guys .. but it's your liberal brethren that are doing it ... we others (conservative or not) just report it.

Thats a fallacy if I have ever encountered one.

The initial Messiah reference was an attempt to disgust the public in a simple bit of reverse psychology.

An implement of convenience that an alleged claim fits into a GOP tactic.

I see it is in your profile

Repeat it long enough...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I think that a more accurate statement would be, " Obama = Anti-Christ ".
So many people think he's making great changes.... Sure. He's just walking the line just like "W" did.
But so many people love him, they are blinded with infatuation and false hope of change, that they have been promised from him.
He's just one man, and in that, thats all he will ever be..... not perfect.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Hello, I'm not here to make excuses for Obama. I can't believe anybody's calling him a god (or the antichrist for that matter.) But it really bothered me when Scott McClelland came out with his book against Bush and all the Republicans were calling him Judas and telling him he sold out Bush for thirty shekels of silver. I mean, if Scott is Judas, then that makes George Bush Jesus doesn't it? Of course nobody listened to me then, and I don't expect anybody to listen to me now.

Anyway, the antichrist comes with 'signs' and 'wonders' and I don't think Obama fulfilled that at this point in time. The deadly head wound is in Revelation 13 for those of you who were asking:

1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. 2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority. 3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast. 4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him? 5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. 6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. 8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. 9 If any man have an ear, let him hear. 10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. 12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. 13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, 14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. 15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. 16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: 17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. 18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by theyreadmymind]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
You mean when Bush said God told him to invade Iraq it was really Obama?

Hmmm, could be.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by theyreadmymind

The Bible prophecy says that 3.5 years before the end of this age the world will be at rest cheering, "peace, peace" then comes "sudden destruction" for the deceived and unprepared. We all watched Obama tour the nations of earth, preaching his platform of peace, and they gathered like sheep chanting his mantra. Now, I don't think Obama is the anti-christ, but he may lead us right into the TRIBULATION.
So I will retract my comment about he himself beign the anti-christ but I will still stand strong by my other assesments.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I believe this is where the whole "messiah" started...

Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, another powerful Chicago-based political figure associated with the Rev. Jeremiah Wright and other long-time associates of Democratic Party presidential candidate Barack Obama, is leaving no doubt about what he thinks of the leader in the campaign for the White House.

He says when Obama talks "the Messiah is absolutely speaking."

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Alien Mind

lol

u think im an obama supporter? label me what you will, but i didnt vote for him. nor do I judge him. history will write itself. theres no need for me to scrutinize everything his administartion does. it makes no difference. the man was a liar before he stepped into office, along with every other politican on both sides that stood up on those stages and prostelitized to the American people....besides Ron Paul and possibly kucinich

feel free to remove your foot now

like i said, listening to glenn beck and/ or newsweek (kinda contradictory, dont ya think?) and giving credit to both is the problem here..

so please, take your partisan crap somewhere else. try being a real american and not a damn wannabe politician.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
the higher up the politician...the longer the fall. god? cut me a break!

what do God and obama have in common?

neither one has a birth certificate

what is the difference between God and obama?

God doesn't think he's obama

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre0o0
what do God and obama have in common?

neither one has a birth certificate

what is the difference between God and obama?

God doesn't think he's obama

Quoting our precious 2012 GOP candidate Rush Limbaugh, eh ?

Go ahead, I wanna hear more, I'm all ears, bouncy, bouncy

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

www.theroot.com...

Maybe people are subconsciously thinking he is important and a godly incarnation of change because of this. You can't deny he does look a bit like the Sphinx as well.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild

Originally posted by Locke23
omg this is just sickening,I feel so angry and shocked I cant even reply right
whats wrong with people?WHY is it so EASY to brainwash them?
Uhhh this is disgusting
HES JUST A F*CKIN human no GOD ,wake up!!!!!!!

I agree to an extent, but how do you KNOW he is "just Human"..?
Some have a feeling that he may be much more than that, entirely.

Like what do you mean? Half robot or something? Could explain his love for the teleprompter.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join