It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newsweek editor claims Obama is 'sort of God.'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Wideawake08

YES! YOU ARE SO RIGHT!ITS HORRIBLE PROPAGANDA!.........wait....you did mean the liberal media and their hugfest with the POTUS right?

yeah........probably not, you were probably referring to those POINTING OUT the fact that the media refuses to report anything against obama and continue humping his leg.......

Im sorry, I guess i was mistaken

p.s. i love how the left are using all these cool new words to describe people who dont agree with the POTUS, like ww2 terms......propaganda , neonazi racist.....oh wait.......didnt they start using a term more and more lately in DC for people they are putting in charge? Czars? hmm.....didnt those guys get whacked because of how crooked they were?

ANYWAY I DIGRESS! CHEERS!

[edit on 10-6-2009 by ManBehindTheMask]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
This is just the result of the worshipping celebrity complex that has exploded in the 21st century.I think you will find lots of people that would call them their god,hell just last week i heard someone say a football manager was their God.And with politics today it has been turned into a circus show which focuses on alot of things other than policy.Still shocking...but im not surprised really.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by tatersalad
lol, i am sorry, but i was having a really bad day and when i read this thread about obama being close to god, wow all i can say is
. whats next? will i be able to make wine out of water. sure need some right now!

No, he has a more dangerous power. He can make Truth from lies!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

The next day, he said this on one of the Sunday shows:

newsbusters.org...

PETERSON: Evan?
EVAN THOMAS: Obama- We're understanding what Obama is. He is the great teacher. He is this guy that stands above everybody. There's some condescension in it. But, he stands above everybody and says, 'Now, listen. You people have to stop blaming each other unreasonably. You have to get along here and I am going to show you the way.' It is a pretty brave role in many ways. It's going to make people like Charles really mad. To me, the question is, is it just rhetoric, or is he now going to follow up and forced some of this happen?

A "great teacher" who "stands above us". You think these guys choose this language by accident? Compare his attitude now, to when Bush was president:

"Well, our job is to bash the president, that's what we do." -- Evan Thomas responding to a question on whether the media's unfair to Bush on the TV talk show Inside Washington, February 2, 2007.

"I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God." – Evan Thomas on Hardball, June 5, 2009.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I too heard this clip and sadly it did not surprise me one bit. This is one of a million perfect examples of why anyone who claims there is no media bias loses all credibility and gets immediately laughed right out the door. The words that come to my mind are "The Great Deception".

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Well, I have to agree with them. Obama appears to be the God of corruption and deceit in progress. A nice big statue of Obama maybe with his arm around Hitler and the Black Pope would make a great place for bird droppings. :->

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Don't be alarmed. They're only trying to paint the picture to make him appear to be the antichrist. Of course he appears to be a God, he's the President of the United States, allegedly. They just want him to be the antichrist. It's fake advertising. But I guess we'll know for sure when they start telling the world to either worship his image or be tortured.

[edit on 6/10/2009 by Mr Knowledge]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
To me this is not a bad thing. This is exactly what we want. TPTB are so frickin arrogant now, they don't care what they say anymore. They are going to find out even the sheeple have their limits. So either they are blinded by that arrogance and can't see they are a house of cards. Or, they are so confident due to the fact that the plan they have set up will outweigh any uprising or revolution from said sheeple. I personally believe they are just mad with imaginary power and when that house comes crumbling down it will start an avalanche they will have no control over.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Well that takes the meaning of the expression "Oh My God" to an entirely new level.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Hazelnut]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Knowledge
reply to post by muzzleflash

Don't be alarmed. They're only trying to paint the picture to make him appear to be the antichrist. Of course he appears to be a God, he's the President of the United States, allegedly. They just want him to be the antichrist. It's fake advertising. But I guess we'll know for sure when they start telling the world to either worship his image or be tortured.

[edit on 6/10/2009 by Mr Knowledge]

I respectfully disagree with you. After watching many opponents of Obama say one thing, then have a meeting face-to-face with him, and then emerge with a completely different attitude -- I really think there's something to this.

If they were trying to paint him as an Anti-christ, claiming that he is God-like would not be the way to go. There are way too many people struggling in this country and many are looking to "be saved" from their circumstances.

As everyone knows, religeous values have been under attack in this country for awhile now. Many are looking for a figure-head to "lead them" and I believe they feel Obama fits the bill. Perhaps they don't elevate him to God, but rather one of his workers in the flesh. It leaves a lot of room for interpretation.

Have you ever seen this site: (note: while reading the quotes that Obama has said profuse vomiting may result)

obamamessiah.blogspot.com...
(quotes appear on the bottom right-hand side of the home page)

I also heard about this on the radio this morning:

www.youtube.com...
I am not really into rap myself, but whatever gets the message out.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I'm not surprised, editors are generally not the brightest people on earth.
I worked for many years for a large circulation paper and many of my coworkers could not read or write above middle school level-some of them evan had master's degrees in various fields. People in journalism tend to be failures in other fields and latch on to more accomplished people in hopes they will fallinto favor and be rewarded for it. Us old timers used to have a very descriptive term for this that contains the word star and a certain swear-word.

Personally, I think a lot of people just have political Stockholm Syndrome.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by tatersalad
lol, i am sorry, but i was having a really bad day and when i read this thread about obama being close to god, wow all i can say is
. whats next? will i be able to make wine out of water. sure need some right now!

you're post made me laugh!!

but add biden to the mix and that calls for a DOUBLE.....

obama is a godd*% idiot.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

You know, as much as I hate to agree with you, I do.

There are just to many people in this country who can not think for themselves, and when those of us that can come to ATS to discuss the issues among the world, we just puke in disgust.

Yes we live in a democracy...but what happens when the real leaders, the people, are idiots?

This is how it works. You blame Obama (or a republican president), and the other side takes it as a personal attack. Then each side will do WHATEVER they can just so the "opposition" (because in many Americans mind, we are against each other) doesn't "win" (when in fact, we all lose).

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
LOL...ahhhhh..ya..and how is it this guy is being likened to a diety? what..has..he..done? zeeeeeeeeeeero is the answer you're looking for...so that leaves the question..why? Ill tell you why..because even in the glory days of the snake oil salesmen people were easily fooled by charismatic BS. LOL even when the product didnt work they went right back and paid for more!!!

So...how is it he's a God again?

Please anyone answer this.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I think it was likened to a lowercase god, aka, a superman of sorts when he was being greeted by other nations populations. its actually a accurate representation of a historic occurance...like the beetles coming to America were treated as gods, or Jim Morrison was like a god when he was on top of the charts in the 60s...not a divine God, but, for lack of a better word...godlike...a idol worship of a man.

Did they say he was a god? no. they said he is like a god to the masses...but you could also accurately say that about britney spears at her concerts, or rush limbaugh to the ultra conservatives.

it only takes on significance when they give it a uppercase G. otherwise, its just a lack of thinking using a adj. imo.

and until Obama comes out and says he is a god, then who cares...Chris Matthews is left leaning on MSNBC, admittedly a liberal network.
Hannity is right on a admitted conservative network. Both are catering to their audience. dont like it? start your own network or radio station...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
He hasnt done anything but talk smack...how is it hes any diff than any other president?...oh..oh..crap right he's partially black..we MUST above all things drop to our knees in his divine favor..lol..please..this world is so caught up in BS like being PC that we dont see the forest thru the trees. This guy just want to be a celebrity and nobody sees the danger in that but me it seems.

lets all run out and adopt a black kid cause some jerk off actress did.

Everyone is SO full of Sh*t.

Lol just 20 years ago the majority of society could barely tolerate blacks...hmmmmmmmm.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I personally wouldn't want Glenn Beck playing on my team, and I doubt if Obama thinks of himself as a God!

It's always followers who mess things up for a leader, since they have to deal with some over enthusiastic fans.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Hi, I'm new just signed up today and I'm not replying to anyone in general but I heard about this God comment yesterday and I am not surprised at all. My fear is not the God complex or the idiot media, my fear is will the 2010 elections be tampered with, much like is done in other corrupt countries, for instance Russia uses intimidation and threats to persuade voters, will that occur here? Will ACORN rig the results? It already happened with the black panthers last election intimadating voters and were recently acguitted, I almost think this could be alot worse than we all fear, I hope I'm wrong.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Obviously the guy doesn't live in California

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Steve73

Ya we could actually get roped into electing another idiot into office...why not? The media elected the present idiot...and i'm sure some other institution of pop culture will foster the same next time. Why not? makes sense to me..after all Americans just cannot get enough of what angelina jolie is up to.....etc etc..Christ no wonder we're in trouble. This 'current' president (of which i haaate calling him) wishes he were stepping up to the podium to receive an Oscar. In this time of trouble we're being led by a junior politician whom doesnt know what he doing and we all stand by idly watching as he further tanks of nation.......smiley glad hands is all he is.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join